You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
verkhne

The Honore Brothers and French Ships

8 comments in this topic

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
428 posts
9,598 battles

So I have these two brothers  and have finally purchased the Henri and Republique. The Brothers are on Lyon and Alsace while the CM has a 14 pointer. DO I put these two on the two tier 10 vessels? Alsace and Lyon are still good ships! I guess it comes down  to whether the tier 10's absolutely need EM or not? The AR buff would be taken either way... What have others done with their French Brothers and end game ships? (I presume late tier French DD wont need EM!)

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,893 posts
45,055 battles

I only have one of the Honore brothers.  I put him on the Republique.  If I had the second brother, I would put him on the Henri.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,133 posts
4,964 battles

Put him on the ship you play the most or play competitively. If you are never going to touch the Repub for CB or ranked (which is probably a wise choice), then throw him on the sealclubing dream Lyon/Alsace!

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
34 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Put him on the ship you play the most or play competitively. If you are never going to touch the Repub for CB or ranked (which is probably a wise choice), then throw him on the sealclubing dream Lyon/Alsace!

This. If you don't find tier 10 as enjoyable, don't waste a commander on it. Use common sense.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,860 posts

I have Jean-Jacques only and leverage/play him on Richelieu and Jean Bart.  If I ever get Alsace ... won't go to T10 ... I'd move him there.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
11 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

How do we know they are brothers?

True, but nepotism runs strong in the WoWs admiralties. 

Just in the UK I have
Charles Macnee (Black Swan) and George Macnee (Valkyrie)
Nigel Ward (Weymouth) and John Ward (future Jutland)
Christopher Tucker (Caledon) and Nigel Tucker (Iron Duke)
Brian Cooper (Hermes), Wilfred Cooper (Emerald), and Oliver Cooper (Leander)
Adrian Taylor (Acasta) and Charles Taylor (Jervis) 
Henry James (future Conqueror) and Henry James (Future Daring)
Robert Gordon (future Monarch) and Archibald Gordon (Implacable)
Jack Dunkirk (Fiji) and Bert Dunkirk (Edinburgh)

That's 17 cmdrs of the 33 UK cmdrs that I have. Many of the other nations also have cmdrs with the same last name and a few are duplicates I think as well. Not to mention the 4 Dashas in 4 different nations.

As for the Honore brothers/cousins, I have Jean-Jacques permanently assigned to the Lyon with a planned Manly-ManTM secondary build for Gascogne. PT, EM, BFT, AFT, AR, IFHE, BoS

Charles-Henri is permanently assigned to the Alsace with the following build; PT, AR, BFT, AFT, EM, PM, BoS, SI