You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Cv Battle information

8 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts

I need one of those CVs have it so tough people to point me to a link to how so?  Battle where it's tough.  Occasionally I get to get a piece of one but just left a Random where TWO BBS ( I was one with BUFFED AA and fighters ) was WIPED OUT IN MINUTES and we were side by side supporting each other.  9 out of 10 torps/bombs hit no matter what you did and EVERY rocket pass was devastating.   AA lighting up the sky but didn't stop CHIT!  I hadn't even made it to the battle and I was already 20,000 hp down.  It was non stop ...managed to actually do some damage to other ships but it wasn't until I just gave up and said F it and got some shots off at the surface fleet who mostly was hiding behind islands.  2 CVS are just too much because they hit you every 2 minutes and there is NOTHING you can do but die.   Im going to go watch some vids because I have the same Maxxed out Furious as one of the ones that were smashing us and NONE of my direct hits with rockets do 1/10th that kind of damage.  

Sure I know, here come the Get Guds and you sucks but that is how this place rolls for the kids.  Fact is A Hit is a HIT and when one does 300 with Rockets and another gets 1000s then something is off. Rockets are random shotguns not precise aim.

Off to study.

[REVY]
Members
2,282 posts
12,244 battles
6 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I need one of those CVs have it so tough people to point me to a link to how so?  Battle where it's tough.  Occasionally I get to get a piece of one but just left a Random where TWO BBS ( I was one with BUFFED AA and fighters ) was WIPED OUT IN MINUTES and we were side by side supporting each other.  9 out of 10 torps/bombs hit no matter what you did and EVERY rocket pass was devastating.   AA lighting up the sky but didn't stop CHIT!  I hadn't even made it to the battle and I was already 20,000 hp down.  It was non stop ...managed to actually do some damage to other ships but it wasn't until I just gave up and said F it and got some shots off at the surface fleet who mostly was hiding behind islands.  2 CVS are just too much because they hit you every 2 minutes and there is NOTHING you can do but die.   Im going to go watch some vids because I have the same Maxxed out Furious as one of the ones that were smashing us and NONE of my direct hits with rockets do 1/10th that kind of damage.  

Sure I know, here come the Get Guds and you sucks but that is how this place rolls for the kids.  Fact is A Hit is a HIT and when one does 300 with Rockets and another gets 1000s then something is off. Rockets are random shotguns not precise aim.

Off to study.

We need a bit more info if you could. What BB were you in? What was the second? Which was the AA spec BB. What CVs did you face? What tiers were involved?

Not all BBs are good AA ships. While the typical US BB has excellent AA, The IJN is not as good.

To understand your complaint better, we need to know the ships involved, and then can provide better info.

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts
22 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

We need a bit more info if you could. What BB were you in? What was the second? Which was the AA spec BB. What CVs did you face? What tiers were involved?

Not all BBs are good AA ships. While the typical US BB has excellent AA, The IJN is not as good.

To understand your complaint better, we need to know the ships involved, and then can provide better info.

Let me go look at the replay and I will post the info in an edit.  Thank you for the help.  I was in my New mexico , I need to see what he was in .  BRB

EDIT   I was in New Mex.. buffed AA with added AA Signals.  I forgot about the Grafe.. had AA going strong AND fighters. the other BB was a Arizona.. WOW did he have AA and also Fighters!    They Cvs were a Furious and a Shokaku.  Killed all three of us and of course we were permaspotted even with my stealth build the entire time so we were lunch.  At times we were 1'1 km of eachother for combined AA.. Made ZERO difference. Rocket passes were getting close to 6 K a pass and each torp pass fed 2 into one side and before you could even blink ANOTHER from the other side.    This was the first 2 CV game of my day as I was learning CVS earlier but none of the games I was in were randoms. Not good enough yet.  What would be cool is if there were a place we could upload replays so people ( not trolls ) could see them and tell us where we are effing up.  Thanx for any Input as always

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
update info

[GOOF]
Members
669 posts
5,873 battles
54 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Off to study.

Yes clearly this is your fault you either were not in a ship with God AA or not in a US cruiser. You may have done better if you all huddled together and just let the CV fly it's planes over you repeatedly while your RNG AA did nothing. 

Ok how much more CV rant do we need on this forum before we notice that three classes of players are not enjoying the game with CV rework.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,282 posts
12,244 battles
51 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Let me go look at the replay and I will post the info in an edit.  Thank you for the help.  I was in my New mexico , I need to see what he was in .  BRB

EDIT   I was in New Mex.. buffed AA with added AA Signals.  I forgot about the Grafe.. had AA going strong AND fighters. the other BB was a Arizona.. WOW did he have AA and also Fighters!    They Cvs were a Furious and a Shokaku.  Killed all three of us and of course we were permaspotted even with my stealth build the entire time so we were lunch.  At times we were 1'1 km of eachother for combined AA.. Made ZERO difference. Rocket passes were getting close to 6 K a pass and each torp pass fed 2 into one side and before you could even blink ANOTHER from the other side.    This was the first 2 CV game of my day as I was learning CVS earlier but none of the games I was in were randoms. Not good enough yet.  What would be cool is if there were a place we could upload replays so people ( not trolls ) could see them and tell us where we are effing up.  Thanx for any Input as always

Col Out

New Mexico is T6 and has decent AA, Arizona has crap AA. if it was just the Furious, you’d have been fine. The problem is Shokaku is a T8. It has very good torpedo and dive bombers. It also can put up a second flight of them after the first has been released. While the IJN attack plane rockets aren’t great, they can create fires, plus the US BBS have a bit more superstructure then others, making them decent targets for rocket planes.

Stealth build really doesn’t mean as much in a BB as it does in a DD. US BBs of your tier are slow. All a CV needs to do is look at the mini map for your last heading and guess where you might be. 

You said there was a third ship, a Graf. That could be one of two ships, the Graf Spee or the Graf Zepplin. Both would fall within the tiers of your match.

If it was a Graf Spee, her AA is basically non-existent. The fighter planes can help, but in a two CV battle, the fighters might go after one Squadron, allowing the second to fly in unmolested.

if it was a Graf Zepplin, her AA and fighters should have made a dent in the attacking planes.

based on this I’m going to assume you had a Graf Spee with you.

I have all the CVS but the Tier 10s, i’m Slowing working my way to those. I’ve had games as the high tier CV, and others as a low tier CV in a T10 match. When high tier, I make an effort to find those targets that have either low AA, or are not near a decent AA cruiser. Sorry to say, but your three ships would be a target I would try for, even with the AA flags, I’d at least try one pass at them. With torp planes, I have the heal equipped, which I have found can keep the planes healthy for one pass, even when under defensive fire from an AA cruiser.

As for what you can do,  it depends on the attack. When I see torpedo planes, I immediately turn towards them. By turning towards them, you can cause them to drop late, thus the torpedos don’t arm before hitting. Even if they still arm, you are only taking one, vs two. Slowing down can also cause a cv misjudge your speed, thus dropping torps too far ahead. On occasion, I have attacked a target bow on. Sometimes, my target is able to torp beat and continue unharmed. Sometime I get a good drop, and catch them on the bow, usually resulting in a flood.

Most of the DBs are set up with elongated attacks, meaning they are more likely to hit when flying in from the bow or stern. Turning can can throw off the aim of the DBs, add in slowing down, and the DBs may just fly past. Note: some CV captains have gotten good at hitting broadside targets, so while you might get hit by some bombs, you won’t catch them all. Remember British CVs have carpet bombers, thus broadside attacks are basically minimal damage, but going down the length of the ship can result in multiple hits.

I believe your best defense is when going into battle with CVs present, is double checking your teammates, and trying to stick near a good US AA cruiser. If no US cruiser is present, try to stick with another high rated aa cruiser. You should also remember about the selecting an AA sector. If both ships have good AA, you could try both focusing on the same sector. Two ships focusing AA on the same sector is going to give the CVs a lot more problems then if the ships are focusing AA, or even splitting the sectors between them.

. I do want to say that, when I have played a CV, there are times I have great games, and times where I haven’t. In a lot of the bad ones, I couldn’t find a decent target and usually went after a riskier one. Sometimes it paid off, others not. Sometimes I had a decent time because the enemy CV wasn’t that good, other times he seemed to eliminate my planes at will. I will say, in the matches I was in with a second CV, even though we never chatted, I monitored what he was doing. Sometimes I joined in on a target, and yes I have seen messages from those ships getting pissed off about being CV focused, much like you were. But it’s also a chance to do more damage to help the team. Should the first attack in cause a fire or flood, and the target repair without realizing a second attack from the other CV is inbound, there is a chance for another fire or flood that the target can’t repair. It’s not really the CVs trying to be nasty, but to lower the health of the target so that either the CVs, or another ship can get the kill shot.

sry I may have rambled a bit. I’ve had a long day at the Con here in Orlando and decided to unwind with a beer or two...or more.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts
2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

New Mexico is T6 and has decent AA, Arizona has crap AA. if it was just the Furious, you’d have been fine. The problem is Shokaku is a T8. It has very good torpedo and dive bombers. It also can put up a second flight of them after the first has been released. While the IJN attack plane rockets aren’t great, they can create fires, plus the US BBS have a bit more superstructure then others, making them decent targets for rocket planes.

Stealth build really doesn’t mean as much in a BB as it does in a DD. US BBs of your tier are slow. All a CV needs to do is look at the mini map for your last heading and guess where you might be. 

You said there was a third ship, a Graf. That could be one of two ships, the Graf Spee or the Graf Zepplin. Both would fall within the tiers of your match.

If it was a Graf Spee, her AA is basically non-existent. The fighter planes can help, but in a two CV battle, the fighters might go after one Squadron, allowing the second to fly in unmolested.

if it was a Graf Zepplin, her AA and fighters should have made a dent in the attacking planes.

I have all the CVS but the Tier 10s, i’m Slowing working my way to those. I’ve had games as the high tier CV, and others as a low tier CV in a T10 match. When high tier, I make an effort to find those targets that have either low AA, or are not near a decent AA cruiser. Sorry to say, but your three ships would be a target I would try for, even with the AA flags, I’d at least try one pass at them. With torp planes, I have the heal equipped, which I have found can keep the planes healthy for one pass, even when under defensive fire from an AA cruiser.

As for what you can do,  it depends on the attack. When I see torpedo planes, I immediately turn towards them. By turning towards them, you can cause them to drop late, thus the torpedos don’t arm before hitting. Even if they still arm, you are only taking one, vs two. Slowing down can also cause a cv misjudge your speed, thus dropping torps too far ahead. On occasion, I have attacked a target bow on. Sometimes, my target is able to torp beat and continue unharmed. Sometime I get a good drop, and catch them on the bow, usually resulting in a flood.

Most of the DBs are set up with elongated attacks, meaning they are more likely to hit when flying in from the bow or stern. Turning can can throw off the aim of the DBs, add in slowing down, and the DBs may just fly past. Note: some CV captains have gotten good at hitting broadside targets, so while you might get hit by some bombs, you won’t catch them all. Remember British CVs have carpet bombers, thus broadside attacks are basically minimal damage, but going down the length of the ship can result in multiple hits.

I believe your best defense is when going into battle with CVs present, is double checking your teammates, and trying to stick near a good US AA cruiser. If no US cruiser is present, try to stick with another high rated aa cruiser. You should also remember about the selecting an AA sector. If both ships have good AA, you could try both focusing on the same sector. Two ships focusing AA on the same sector is going to give the CVs a lot more problems then if the ships are focusing AA, or even splitting the sectors between them.

. I do want to say that, when I have played a CV, there are times I have great games, and times where I haven’t. In a lot of the bad ones, I couldn’t find a decent target and usually went after a riskier one. Sometimes it paid off, others not. Sometimes I had a decent time because the enemy CV wasn’t that good, other times he seemed to eliminate my planes at will. I will say, in the matches I was in with a second CV, even though we never chatted, I monitored what he was doing. Sometimes I joined in on a target, and yes I have seen messages from those ships getting pissed off about being CV focused, much like you were. But it’s also a chance to do more damage to help the team. Should the first attack in cause a fire or flood, and the target repair without realizing a second attack from the other CV is inbound, there is a chance for another fire or flood that the target can’t repair. It’s not really the CVs trying to be nasty, but to lower the health of the target so that either the CVs, or another ship can get the kill shot.

sry I may have rambled a bit. I’ve had a long day at the Con here in Orlando and decided to unwind with a beer or two...or more.

THANK YOU for the wealth of information!!  Seems maybe they were sticking with ME to have MY AA help them.     As usual I learn LOT on this forum after I weed through the trolls.  Thank you again.  Saving this one to my info archive!

Members
6,151 posts
9,801 battles
12 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

This.

You just got unlucky. Shokaku made mincemeat of NM before rework easily because her planes were that tough. Graf and AZ aren't good AA ships, so they stuck with you.

Also, go for 2-3km distance so CV flights have to deal with more flak, if you can. Continuous damage doesn't do much.