You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xxjtportxx

Jean Bart!!

14 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
184 battles

Hey guys, your favorite new player here!

As those of you who have been following my posts know I had a 200% cashback, so this morning I cashed out and got a Jean Bart, and ran her a couple of co-op games, then tried random.

I had varied success in random only really failing if I overextended, or exposed a broadside.

Any pros want to drop their personal tips on how to run this ship?? I'm using the upgrades and consumables the wiki suggests so just lmk!! 

• Boring 2

[TACT]
Members
120 posts
2,509 battles

I play it almost as a cruiser. Hug an island that covers you on one side and point your nose towards the enemy. Don't be afraid to use HE. Never hold onto your reload booster, use it when an enemy goofs and shows broadside. Don't be afraid to use it to get some fires.

There was a video on it by Mejash i think. It helped me out.

Edited by MommaSheep1738
Sausage Fingers

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,923 posts
26,925 battles

Go for concealment build and use the Main Battery Mod 3 in the 6th slot. 

With the French captain from the armory you can compensate the slower traverse speed. 

Now you have a excellent reload time (22.9 sec) that make up for the smaller caliber of the MB.

Switch ammo regular. 

LWM made a excellent review and shows in it how to make the best use of the reload booster.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/171986-premium-ship-review-111-jean-bart/

Members
597 posts
7,318 battles

Well first off you need to really try hard to suck in this since it is such a good ship. By far and away my fav premium and probably better than Most Xs. I am aggressive in this but try not to overextend. You need to get close enough where you can reliably cit cruisers and BB's and punish the poor dd that tries to torp you. I have a 19 pt capt dedicated to this ship so i am not sure how she fares with less but this ship has it all. Can't imagine how good the Bourgone is or however you spell it. 

But yeah not much turning stay forward and front and ctr and push when you have an opening. 

Get the consumable perk since you will be pushing that reload booster right and left when in range to punish. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,882 posts
16,373 battles
11 minutes ago, MommaSheep1738 said:

I play it almost as a cruiser. Hug an island that covers you on one side and point your nose towards the enemy. Don't be afraid to use HE. Never hold onto your reload booster, use it when an enemy goofs and shows broadside. Don't be afraid to use it to get some fires.

There was a video on it by Mejash i think. It helped me out.

Some good advice ^^^ ... the reload booster with AP will take out a Musashi ... did it many times in ranked.  It's a fast ship and will help you run the flanks or rotate to the other side of the battlefield if needed.  And if you do well, the JB is great at printing Credits.  Enjoy and Good Luck.

edit: p.s. the secondaries are pretty dang good too,  lock them on a DD if you're fighting a capital ship with you main guns.

This is probably the video MommaSheep referred to ...

Edited by DocWalker

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,602 posts
15,741 battles

Play it in battlecruiser mode. spam HE from behind islands, it has the range. Maul cruisers with AP. Everything else gets burned alive with HE.

[TACT]
Members
120 posts
2,509 battles
3 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Some good advice ^^^ ... the reload booster with AP will take out a Musashi ... did it many times in ranked.  It's a fast ship and will help you run the flanks or rotate to the other side of the battlefield if needed.  And if you do well, the JB is great at printing Credits.  Enjoy and Good Luck.

edit: p.s. the secondaries are pretty dang good too,  lock them on a DD if you're fighting a capital ship with you main guns.

This is probably the video MommaSheep referred to ...

I actually deleted a Yammy who should have known I was coming.  So yes, it most definetly can. Spot on with the vid.

Edited by MommaSheep1738
Sausage Fingers

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,808 posts
4,631 battles
1 hour ago, xxjtportxx said:

this morning I cashed out and got a Jean Bart,

From my previous post, you know that I think this move was .. sub-optimal.

First, you shouldn't be driving a high-tier ship yet. 

Second, JB is available *for free* if you just play longer. 

But it's great to see that you're having fun.  Now I gots to get me one of them coupons.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
25 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

From my previous post, you know that I think this move was .. sub-optimal.

First, you shouldn't be driving a high-tier ship yet. 

Second, JB is available *for free* if you just play longer. 

But it's great to see that you're having fun.  Now I gots to get me one of them coupons.

He's a reroll looking for attention.....:Smile_teethhappy:

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

Congrats!  Angle, dont broadside, dont let them behind you.  Use your reload booster when they broadside you.  She sets good fires so dont be afraid to use your HE.  

What are you going to get with your 200%?

[PRAVD]
Members
109 posts
2,894 battles
55 minutes ago, awiggin said:

He's a reroll looking for attention.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Are you sure? I don't think so.. Isn't the point of rerolling to be easily super unicum and get completely skewed stats?

Edited by BiskitsNWaffles

Members
935 posts
4,073 battles

Play it like a heavy cruiser and do a good amount of maneuevers. One of the main cautions about the Jean Bart is to never overextend. It's common to overextend in a fast ship, especially one that usually fights bow-on. Keep your speed below maximum in order to avoid overextending and also don't show your broadsides (although if you have to, turn around to retreat)

Members
597 posts
7,318 battles

forget about all these dipshits that think you don't deserve to drive this ship. crapit is one of the best in the game. would you rather learn in a pinto or a ferrari. yeah why not? 

plus the balance is so [edited] up right now that this ship doesn't give one [edited], cv dd, rc whatevers bb it doesn't care. Hell, i can't stand how this is going on WoW i actually just loaded up WoT PC on ultra and it is pretty damn good. This is a guy who gave up a shitload of premiums on PS4 since i hated WoT and gold 2 years ago.. The circle of life...