You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Musket22

Do I really have to question the competency...

26 comments in this topic

[-AGW-]
Members
13 posts
18,938 battles

Whoever programmed the Matchmaker needs to go back and reset the parameters.

Was just in a T10 that had 1xCV (ok) and 7x BBs (not ok) 3xCLs and a 1xDD and yes T8s to T10.

Also, I really don't care how many CV drivers queue up, there should never be 3 or 4 in a battle.

If it's good enough for T10, there should never be more than 1 CV per side per battle in all tiers.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,422 battles

MM is programmed just fine. It makes teams based on ship type and tier. 7 BBs per team means nothing more than there where more than 14 Tier 8 to 10 BBs in the queue at that time and fewer of the other ship types in that tier range.

I question the competency of the down voters. They obviously cant handle the truth.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 5

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,350 battles
18 minutes ago, Musket22 said:

Was just in a T10 that had 1xCV (ok) and 7x BBs (not ok) 3xCLs and a 1xDD and yes T8s to T10.

Also, I really don't care how many CV drivers queue up, there should never be 3 or 4 in a battle.

If it's good enough for T10, there should never be more than 1 CV per side per battle in all tiers.

Soooooo, just to make sure I understand, you're in a battle where the MM has put one CV in the battle, you think the matchmaker is trash because there should never be more than one CV in a battle, which is exactly what the MM gave you.  :Smile_amazed:

Ok this whole mish mash of anti-CV anti-MM stuffs has just graduated to a new level or weirdness. :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,412 posts
14,163 battles
55 minutes ago, Musket22 said:

You experienced a queue dump, many of the match maker rules are tossed, and a one CV limit would only increase the rate of those queue dumps.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,877 posts
17,913 battles
40 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Soooooo, just to make sure I understand, you're in a battle where the MM has put one CV in the battle, you think the matchmaker is trash because there should never be more than one CV in a battle, which is exactly what the MM gave you.  :Smile_amazed:

Ok this whole mish mash of anti-CV anti-MM stuffs has just graduated to a new level or weirdness. :Smile_facepalm:

^^^ Glad you said it, because I was confused as well ^^^

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
21 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You experienced a queue dump

Exactly right.

22 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

a one CV limit would only increase the rate of those queue dumps.

Also exactly right. 

Both @BrushWolf and I have seen way too many matches in the old RTS system where a queue dump would get you teams consisting of 1 CV and 2 other ships and have fun! 3 ships per team with CVs is not really so much fun. I understand that multiple CVs per match is not on anyone's happy list but you should consider the alternatives before you start asking for restrictions on the MM.

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles
1 hour ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Two great tastes that go great together.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,412 posts
14,163 battles
28 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Exactly right.

Also exactly right. 

Both @BrushWolf and I have seen way too many matches in the old RTS system where a queue dump would get you teams consisting of 1 CV and 2 other ships and have fun! 3 ships per team with CVs is not really so much fun. I understand that multiple CVs per match is not on anyone's happy list but you should consider the alternatives before you start asking for restrictions on the MM.

They are not really much fun for a CV either.

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,516 battles

you need to set limits for balanced play. 1 cv 2 bb 3 dd and the rest should be cruisers. So the que can just have to figure it all out. they limit BB in certain scenarios why not in random and if by chance they don't have enough cv then put in extra cruisers. then the randoms may  not go so long. and the cruisers may get better stats. Just my  opinion I have never seen a battle group of 5 BB 4 dd and 2 cruisers in the real world, being retired USN I have a good idea how battle groups were made up. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
53 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They are not really much fun for a CV either.

Probably true, but the CV has a huge spotting advantage in a match like that. What's worst is when that happens at lower tiers and it's all BBs and CVs and the BBs can't catch anyone and the planes run wild because of lower tier AA. I've seen it the other way too when it's all CVs and DDs and the planes can't hit the DDs and the CV can't outrun them. Either way it's crap.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
55 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

you need to set limits for balanced play. 1 cv 2 bb 3 dd and the rest should be cruisers. So the que can just have to figure it all out. they limit BB in certain scenarios why not in random and if by chance they don't have enough cv then put in extra cruisers. then the randoms may  not go so long. and the cruisers may get better stats. Just my  opinion I have never seen a battle group of 5 BB 4 dd and 2 cruisers in the real world, being retired USN I have a good idea how battle groups were made up. 

This is SO not a simulator and doing this your way would only increase the Queue dumps. MM works with what the player base wants to play and you just have to deal with that.

Members
5,261 posts
9,943 battles
1 hour ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

So if there is not enough cruisers for a period of a couple hours.....  What then?  Just wait?  Yea - no - not going to happen.  There are times when people plauy more DDs, and BBs than CAs and times when more people play BBs.

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

MM can only build teams with what it is given. Considering that BBs are one of the most played classes (almost doubling DDs as an example), it makes sense that you'll see BB heavy games. 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
3 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:
3 hours ago, Musket22 said:

I don't get it either as he said that there was 1 CV in his game. So what's the problem @Musket22?

1 hour ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

You have been around for the Tirpocalypse, so you know what is happening when 8.4 drops the full RU BB line on what is likely to be Wed, May 29th. Stalinium-pocalypse baby. RU BBs will be filling up the queues.

Right now, T4-T8 CVs have a 2 CV soft cap with 3 max and T10 has a 1 CV soft cap with 2 max. Will the other tiers get the T10 caps? Maybe. Depends on the amount of CVs in the queue.

There is a soft cap on DDs, but when the French DDs come out, there will be DDs all over the place in games. It's the nature of the beast to play what is newest.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

I'm curious do the DD class feature the largest amount of tech tree ships? I mean including the near sole PA DD line plus the IJN and Russian splits. If they do it seems they are the most limited in terms of MM.

I completely agree that introducing further MM restrictions on carriers would just create more dumps. I did see one once with I think there where 9 DDs per side. Smoke 'n' torps everywhere.

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
8 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

I'm curious do the DD class feature the largest amount of tech tree ships? I mean including the near sole PA DD line plus the IJN and Russian splits. If they do it seems they are the most limited in terms of MM.

I completely agree that introducing further MM restrictions on carriers would just create more dumps. I did see one once with I think there where 9 DDs per side. Smoke 'n' torps everywhere.

Number of DDs available wouldn't really affect the number of DDs played; it would only affect the variety of DDs played. They still require a very specific type of gameplay that most people do not enjoy.

But I will still answer the initial question. There are:

Ship Type Number of Ships Total players last week
DD 108 22.4k
CA 124 34.9k
BB 90 36.1k
CV 17 8.1k

CVs are lowest for obvious reasons. I would have added total battles too but formatting tables is not fun. Long story short:

High tier:

• 767k battles in BB
  • 713k battles in CA
  • 139k battles in CV
  • 427k battles in DD

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

I've seen matches with 12 BBs per side, literally nothing else. If I remember correctly 19 or 20 of them were Tirpitzs. Interesting battle.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
1 hour ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Number of DDs available wouldn't really affect the number of DDs played; it would only affect the variety of DDs played. They still require a very specific type of gameplay that most people do not enjoy.

But I will still answer the initial question. There are:

Ship Type Number of Ships Total players last week
DD 108 22.4k
CA 124 34.9k
BB 90 36.1k
CV 17 8.1k

CVs are lowest for obvious reasons. I would have added total battles too but formatting tables is not fun. Long story short:

High tier:

• 767k battles in BB
  • 713k battles in CA
  • 139k battles in CV
  • 427k battles in DD

That is interesting. With DDs offering so many varying playstyles I do wonder why more are drawn to BBs. I supposed they like their boom booms.

What are the obvious reasons CVs are low? I mean unlike DDs they are not numerous in type, 12 tech trees and 4 premiums if memory serves.

Members
5,261 posts
9,943 battles
19 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

That is interesting. With DDs offering so many varying playstyles I do wonder why more are drawn to BBs. I supposed they like their boom booms.

What are the obvious reasons CVs are low? I mean unlike DDs they are not numerous in type, 12 tech trees and 4 premiums if memory serves.

In general - easier to play....  I have a tough time with DDs and don't do real well in them. 

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
45 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

What are the obvious reasons CVs are low?

A very different type of gameplay combined with a very limited number of CVs combined with how controversial they are equal people being less drawn to CVs.  Then you factor in the limited matchmaking (1/2 per team), they will never have the majority of battles played.

Edited by 10T0nHammer
clarity

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,516 battles
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:09 PM, CylonRed said:

So if there is not enough cruisers for a period of a couple hours.....  What then?  Just wait?  Yea - no - not going to happen.  There are times when people plauy more DDs, and BBs than CAs and times when more people play BBs.

then let there be less ships per side, the matches would go quicker. I f not then wait

Members
5,261 posts
9,943 battles
8 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

then let there be less ships per side, the matches would go quicker. I f not then wait

Most people are not going to wait several minutes to g et a match.  MM is completely dependent on what people are playing so if, at any particular time, most are playing BBs, then you will have more BBs.  aAme with DDs and cruisers as I have had plenty of games where those individual ships were the majority of the ships.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles
9 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

How about no? I don't want fewer ships per side, or a lack of variety in lineups.

Edited by Skpstr