You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

Did the developers not cap carriers?

7 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
125 posts
3,421 battles

I know that tier 10 will soon be capped to 1 per side, but I don't think that's active yet. But for the rest of the tiers, I thought there was a current cap of maximum 2 per side? I assume that's not the case though since I just played a battle with 3 carriers per side.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,444 posts
6,499 battles
Just now, ComputerWhiz said:

I know that tier 10 will soon be capped to 1 per side, but I don't think that's active yet. But for the rest of the tiers, I thought there was a current cap of maximum 2 per side? I assume that's not the case though since I just played a battle with 3 carriers per side.

T10 is already capped at 1 per.     At and Below T6 I think 3 per team can happen if there is enough CV players who have been in que too long.    I think they mostly occur at T4?    Not sure about 8.. but I think it is hard capped at 2?   

Members
6,151 posts
9,801 battles

Soft cap so MM will attempt to get 8-10s in match w/ 1 CV a side, but after 3min mark will take whatever's there. Or so I recall.

T4 and 6 aren't getting any such nerf.

[-AGW-]
Members
13 posts
19,051 battles

I'm in the "If it's good enough for T10..." camp.

There should never be more than 1 CV per side in battles.

1) Maps are too small

2) Being spotted all the time and that info instantly shown to all ships.

3) With more than 1 CV per side, it means that 4 (or 6) players are having fun shooting ducks while 20 other players have a [edited] 'game experience'.

[SALVO]
Members
24,796 posts
25,871 battles
1 hour ago, Musket22 said:

I'm in the "If it's good enough for T10..." camp.

There should never be more than 1 CV per side in battles.

1) Maps are too small

2) Being spotted all the time and that info instantly shown to all ships.

3) With more than 1 CV per side, it means that 4 (or 6) players are having fun shooting ducks while 20 other players have a [edited] 'game experience'.

1. There are plenty of people who think that the maps are too large.  You can never keep all of the people happy all of the time.

2. Boo-hoo.  Learn to play while being spotted.  That said, DDs are NOT spotted "all the time", unless a CV is dedicating himself to doing nothing other than spotting a single DD.  Hyperbole isn't a substitute for truth.

3. You're just a single player and cannot speak for the other non-CV players in any battle.  When I'm playing non-CVs, I don't throw temper tantrums over the presence of carriers.  Some BB players hate stealthy torp boat DDs.  Should WG get rid of those DDs just to keep those whiny BBaBBies happy?  Some DD players throw tempter tantrums over the presence of radar cruisers.   Should WG get rid of radar to keep those DD players happy?  There were certainly plenty of anti-radar temper tantrums thrown on this forum over radar after the USN cruiser split.   

Carriers have been a part of the game since Alpha.  And instead of whining about it, people should learn to deal with it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
3 hours ago, ComputerWhiz said:

T10 CVs have a 1 per side soft cap with 2 per side max.

T4-T8 CVs have a 2 per side soft cap with 3 per side max.