You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goldeagle1123

Waiting for the buff to Italian ships like...

51 comments in this topic

Members
5,413 posts
3,213 battles

CegSsJ7WwAIuyXe.jpg

Seriously though, Italian ships (with obvious exception to Julio Cesare) have been so shafted it's memeworthy. The cruisers are worst-in-tier, being as massive and vulnerable as Russian cruisers but with small 152mm broadsides, awful worst-in-tier DPM and underwhelming shell performance. Roma has always been mediocre and has now been turned into a joke thanks to even more powercreep and the CV rework. Which is a shame, because she's one of the most beautiful ships ever to be laid down and has a lot of potential with her incredibly powerful rifles. But her accuracy (or lack thereof) alone makes her extremely frustrating to play at best, and borderline unplayable at worst.

I just want the ships to be competitive, not asking for them to be OP. But I have a feeling they'll just continue to be ignored until we get an Italian line, if not indefinitely.

Edited by goldeagle1123
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[DIEBL]
Members
612 posts
7,729 battles

I’d settle for a national special upgrade that improves accuracy scaled with tier (something like USAs artillery plotting).  Doesn’t even matter which slot gets used.

Members
5,413 posts
3,213 battles
Just now, PhosphorusForFun said:

I’d settle for a national special upgrade that improves accuracy scaled with tier (something like USAs artillery plotting).  Doesn’t even matter which slot gets used.

That'd be great for Roma, but the problem with the cruisers is the massive vulnerability combined with horrific DPM and shell performance.

[DIEBL]
Members
612 posts
7,729 battles
2 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

That'd be great for Roma, but the problem with the cruisers is the massive vulnerability combined with horrific DPM and shell performance.

Ah, very true.  The Roma threads I’ve seen today narrowed my focus.  Still pop into my Roma sometimes but don’t think I’ve touched wither duck since French cruisers came out.

[TIGRB]
Members
224 posts
2,372 battles

I agree. These ships should be very versitile and fun to play, But since thier Italian, No one cares,,Like WOW

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
2,109 posts
75 battles

Let's see if an Italian line comes this Christmas. Until then expect nothing.

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

Calling Abruzzi worst in tier has to be one of the most I'll informed claims I've heard in a long time in relation to this game .. perhaps you don't play light cruisers well or for whatever reason had bad luck with this ship but it is a monster in good hands, a t7 Henri of sorts.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,511 battles
2 hours ago, goldeagle1123 said:

But her accuracy (or lack thereof) alone makes her extremely frustrating to play at best, and borderline unplayable at worst.

^^  he ain never lie

[-AJ-]
Members
109 posts
1,151 battles

Duca D'Aosta worst in tier 6? LWM gave it a 'gudbote' rating. 

That said, yes the D'Aosta could still use some help.

Edited by nrnstraswa
  • Cool 1

Members
5,413 posts
3,213 battles
23 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Calling Abruzzi worst in tier has to be one of the most I'll informed claims I've heard in a long time in relation to this game .. perhaps you don't play light cruisers well or for whatever reason had bad luck with this ship but it is a monster in good hands, a t7 Henri of sorts.

I've played nearly every T7 cruiser in the game, and not only that my opinion is supported by numbers. Her damage values and DPM are factually the worst at her tier.  Of course anyone can have a good game in her, a unicum could have a good game in the Kiev using only her secondary gun. That doesn't make her good however. what ship(s) do you suggest are worse?

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

You're going to be waiting forever.

With the Russian BBs, in particular, it was like WG took the elements that made Guilio and Roma awesome and cleaned up most of the glaring weaknesses. They 'stole' Italy's national flavor.

I expect both Italian BBs and cruisers to be utterly lackluster also-rans.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
25 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

I've played nearly every T7 cruiser in the game, and not only that my opinion is supported by numbers. Her damage values and DPM are factually the worst at her tier.  Of course anyone can have a good game in her, a unicum could have a good game in the Kiev using only her secondary gun. That doesn't make her good however. what ship(s) do you suggest are worse?

The myokos, New Orleans, shchors, lazo, algerie, yorck, Indianapolis... The only real competition it has are the flint, Atlanta, Helena, Boise/nueve, Fiji and Belfast. It's among the top. I don't see myself being able to average over 100k in most of the t7 cruisers but helena, Abruzzi, perhaps the Boise/nueve I can.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,034 posts
23,838 battles
2 hours ago, goldeagle1123 said:

You made me remember LWM's Abruzzi review

QSSX7Sf.gif

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,789 posts
25,854 battles
42 minutes ago, nrnstraswa said:

Duca D'Aosta worst in tier 6? Nah, there are worse tier 6 cruisers. 

Then name them.  Don't just claim that there are worse ones without naming at least 2 (since you use the plural).

[PWH]
Members
139 posts
6,029 battles

Need to give italian cruisers and Battleships the 1/4 he pen of german and Japanese. That would help greatly.

• Cool 1

Members
5,413 posts
3,213 battles
1 hour ago, Kebobstuzov said:

The myokos, New Orleans, shchors, lazo, algerie, yorck, Indianapolis... The only real competition it has are the flint, Atlanta, Helena, Boise/nueve, Fiji and Belfast. It's among the top. I don't see myself being able to average over 100k in most of the t7 cruisers but helena, Abruzzi, perhaps the Boise/nueve I can.

You are actually on drugs, or have just never actually played any of those ships if you think any of the ones you listed are worse than Abruzzi lol. All of those are, after even a brief glance at their stats and weapon characteristics, objectively better. Like I don't know where to begin with how absurd this claim is.

• Meh 1

Members
286 posts
19,999 battles

Well the one ship thats totaly underpowered is the Abruzzi... I never quite understood why Abruzzi actualy has worse shells then the Aosta despite using the same (if not more modern) guns. Plus the one turret arc is so terrible its extra barrels basicly dont matter in 75% of the situations. Take an Aosta (which isnt really crapbut not exactly strong for a T6 either) and you could probably 1on1 the Abruzzi fairly evenly most of the times.

As for the rest:

GC is OP

Roma is actualy not bad. No idea why ppl whine so much about it. Yes its accuracy is very odd but the shell pen is so high (for 380ies) that you can get away with ranges and angles that most BBs cant and still score pens or even citadels. Just dont try shooting a cruiser at very close range or you just overpen the crapout of them. However it can be rather scary vs BBs at close range even at less then perfect angles. I have dev struck yamatos with it from 45° behind them comming around an island corner. Armor can be powerfull too if you angle proper. If you derp around in it, its not very forgiving though. AA is kinda bad but it manouveres pretty nice at least.

[GOOF]
Members
669 posts
5,873 battles
4 hours ago, bobby_scott05 said:

I agree. These ships should be very versitile and fun to play, But since thier Italian, No one cares,,Like WOW

This

I'll drink a nice cup of paisano to this.

Nerfed ROMA, daostas HE is pathetic, Cesare trying to fight off CV is a joke, want Abruzzi because I love the RM but wow WOWs what is your problem with us Italians? 

Give us that sAP instead it will be unique and the Italians will be notable. 

Leave the gun take the cannoli.

[PWH]
Members
139 posts
6,029 battles
43 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

You are actually on drugs, or have just never actually played any of those ships if you think any of the ones you listed are worse than Abruzzi lol. All of those are, after even a brief glance at their stats and weapon characteristics, objectively better. Like I don't know where to begin with how absurd this claim is.

With exception to the Lazo, (possibly because of how new it is) that is about where the Abruzzi sits as far as ranking in win rate for NA servers. https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/3763255024,Duca-degli-Abruzzi/

Far from the worst tier ship, but neither the best.

Edited by SteeLeviathan

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
3 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

You say Abruzzi is strong?  I got her out of a super container some time ago and have never played it.... perhaps I should.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
4 minutes ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

You say Abruzzi is strong?  I got her out of a super container some time ago and have never played it.... perhaps I should.

Yes it's a hidden gem. Play it similar to Henri except you have really good concealment and Long range torps that no one remembers.

Make sure you get IFHE though...

• Cool 1

[PWH]
Members
139 posts
6,029 battles
18 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Yes it's a hidden gem. Play it similar to Henri except you have really good concealment and Long range torps that no one remembers.

Make sure you get IFHE though...

Thats one thing I wish it did have, a baked in IFHE 1/4 he like Germans cruisers. Italians have worst fire start potential of all cruisers 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,674 posts
7,469 battles
2 hours ago, RighteousFury42 said:

Roma is actualy not bad. No idea why ppl whine so much about it. Yes its accuracy is very odd but the shell pen is so high (for 380ies) that you can get away with ranges and angles that most BBs cant and still score pens or even citadels.

The guns are legit not as accurate as they should be, but comfort levels of what people are used to or want is probably it. You don't remember the time you bounced some Yamato with your bow strake if you're constantly wishing the guns fired like some other BB's and every other salvo annoys you. I see plenty of people who actually have pretty good Roma performance, but because her guns don't handle like --insert their fav BBs here-- that is what bugs them, even though they are obviously performing fine in her.

If you just take the ship for what it is and make that work then it is less annoying.

The AA is trashy though, and kind of unacceptable now considering she's partially balanced around her concealment and thus independent operation, which the new CVs punish extremely hard.

Edited by MnemonScarlet
  • Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
2,109 posts
75 battles

I would say three out of four of the Italian ships have inefficient work rate for return ratios. Cesare is blessed by derpy opfor.