16 comments in this topic

[TDD]
Members
1,030 posts
8,276 battles

Not that anyone really cares but it looks like my short self imposed (and bitter) exile is over.

My last game was in March until last night.

WG has been bombarding me with "enticements" to log in and play. I got tired of seeing them so I figured I would log on and they would stop. I hadn't intended to play but I ended up playing a match and while my rusty behind didn't do so well in that match I on;y lasted about 8 minutes in my asashio and didn't hit a scharn I should have with a single torp. However I did have a duel with a Kagero and I sank him with guns. I found that gun duel very exhilarating and while i was subsequently deleted by the scharn i found I had rather enjoyed the whole thing much to my surprise.

So i played another match, This time in my Alaska. Again i didn't do great didn't sink anyone, but i did survive we won the match and I found that i was having fun. Played another Asashio game and had a good game in it, not stellar, but again i was suddenly having fun when  I had pretty much believed that all the fun was long gone.

It was weird, the CVs didn't bother me, the radar didn't bother me, all the stuff that i rage quit over 7 weeks ago I didn't even notice. I think I was just burned out and didn't realize it so I blamed my own disenchantment on WG and the game.

For that I'm sorry I was a PITA and a regular sender of the negative here on the forums.

Is the game perfect not not by a long shot. But I had fun last night and the things that I thought had been horrible before I didn't even notice. We get wound up and dialed in, fixated, tunnel visioned and that stresses us out. I left never intending to come back, but i'm glad I did. I have a new perspective.

And i welcome the fun back

• Cool 11

Members
3,998 posts
2,014 battles

Welcome back.  The "need" to do all the stuff in the game is a drug.

I can feel it.  Fortunately, I have children to frustrate and annoy me.

• Funny 1

[WAG]
Members
531 posts
9,081 battles

Thanks for the summery. I am feeling a bit of the burnout as well from the constant stream of missions and events that Wargaming is offering. I am feeling that I have to play every day just so I don't miss out. Playing when I don't want to is causing me to enjoy the game less rather than more.

• Cool 1

[WOSV]
Members
519 posts
2,802 battles

Hey, it's OK to step back and take a break when you need to. We're glad to have you back! :Smile_honoring:

Thankfully I'm so freakin' busy during the week I only have Sat & Sun to play, so I'm probably less likely to get burnt out.

[WGA]
Administrator, Retired Community Contributors
715 posts
13,234 battles
29 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

Nice to see you back Captain,

Sometimes some space is what we need to regain perspective. 

Fem, 

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
Members
1,486 posts
8,448 battles
47 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

Not that anyone really cares but it looks like my short self imposed (and bitter) exile is over.

WG has been bombarding me with "enticements" to log in and play. I got tired of seeing them so I figured I would log on and they would stop. I hadn't intended to play but I ended up playing a match and while my rusty behind didn't do so well in that match I on;y lasted about 8 minutes in my asashio and didn't hit a scharn I should have with a single torp. However I did have a duel with a Kagero and I sank him with guns. I found that gun duel very exhilarating and while i was subsequently deleted by the scharn i found I had rather enjoyed the whole thing much to my surprise.

So i played another match, This time in my Alaska. Again i didn't do great didn't sink anyone, but i did survive we won the match and I found that i was having fun. Played another Asashio game and had a good game in it, not stellar, but again i was suddenly having fun when  I had pretty much believed that all the fun was long gone.

It was weird, the CVs didn't bother me, the radar didn't bother me, all the stuff that i rage quit over 7 weeks ago I didn't even notice. I think I was just burned out and didn't realize it so I blamed my own disenchantment on WG and the game.

For that I'm sorry I was a PITA and a regular sender of the negative here on the forums.

Is the game perfect not not by a long shot. But I had fun last night and the things that I thought had been horrible before I didn't even notice. We get wound up and dialed in, fixated, tunnel visioned and that stresses us out. I left never intending to come back, but i'm glad I did. I have a new perspective.

Welcome back sailor!

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
344 posts
2 hours ago, nina_blain_73 said:

The moment you stop having fun is the moment you stop enjoying the game . I've played alot and I've done alot of stuff ,earned a whole bunch of ships . But I've never had the dissatisfaction if not having fun. I've met lots of people from far and near and enjoyed for the most part the in-game comraderie and antics of alot of players .

All in all never stop having fun . It keeps you sane.

Welocme back m8 and good luck .

Cheers <o,

[WOLFB]
Members
504 posts
4,494 battles

Welcome back!

I love your story.

I kinda quit in December myself, after I ground out the Gallant and Cossack.

And I came back about 5 weeks ago, and I'm loving it.

Thanks for your post.

[PVE]
Members
2,754 posts
20,783 battles
20 hours ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I've reread this twice now & I can't find any reason for you to be chat banned on account of this post...who are you & what did you do w/the real nina_blain_73? :Smile_teethhappy::Smile-_tongue:

(Actually I never read any of your posts that got you chat banned in the past...guess they all got pulled before I could see them...but I remember you starting out a few w/"I just got back from a chat ban"...usually followed by a parody type analogy of why...& they were always quite humorous).

Welcome back btw.

[WOLFA]
Members
74 posts
11,610 battles
On 5/17/2019 at 12:18 PM, nina_blain_73 said:

Welcome back your post hit me right in where as I was rapidly going getting burned out. I as a lot of others did not welcome the return of CV's and other changes. What got me back into having fun in my case was playing CV's I quickly got hooked it really helped me out by doing something different for a while. I tried the old walk in their shoes bit LOL.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.