Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HMSTog

Early Access Ship Question

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

28
[BANG]
Members
166 posts
5,449 battles

Does anyone know if the xp I get on early access ships stays on them after the line is released or goes to the T1 or something?

I got an Izmail and I'm wondering if I should keep grinding out the Xp to get to the T7 or play something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[TACT]
Members
120 posts
2,509 battles

It does in fact stay on that ship, which becomes a tech line ship and has its captain specialized for it.

Edited by MommaSheep1738
Sausage Fingers
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,573
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

Yes, it will stay with the ship and you'll get to keep all the upgraded modules for free. You'll even be able to sell off the stock modules for credits once the line comes out because they'll be worth something.

I used this to grind out Lightning during the British DD event and Audacious during the CV event, now I'll be able to get Sovetsky Soyuz from this event.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,846
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

The experience you have earned on the RU BB's stays with the ship and can be used to help get the next in line. The Izmail is the one I am missing which in the scheme of things says I did pretty darn good for only buying token crates.

Just now, Landsraad said:

Yes, it will stay with the ship and you'll get to keep all the upgraded modules for free. You'll even be able to sell off the stock modules for credits once the line comes out because they'll be worth something.

I used this to grind out Lightning during the British DD event and Audacious during the CV event, now I'll be able to get Sovetsky Soyuz from this event.

I had to get Furious the old fashioned way and the grind to the Implacable isn't bad. It is the tier 8 to tier 10 jump that is on the slow side but it is tolerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[WOLFC]
Members
2,879 posts
16,333 battles
3 minutes ago, MommaSheep1738 said:

It does in fact stay on that ship, which becomes a tech line ship and has its captain specialized for it.

Just to clarify the second part of this ... if you leave the captain on the ship that came with it, he'll be trained for the ship.  If you have placed a different captain on the ship, all his skills will work for now (since it's temporarily a premium ship) but he won't be trained for the ship when it converts to a silver tech tree ship.  In either case, the captain will retain any experience gained.  And the original captain will remain trained for the ship until assigned to another tech tree ship.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,053
[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
7 hours ago, HMSTog said:

or goes to the T1 or something?

The XP that goes to T1 ships is when the ship is temporarily loaned out and then gets pulled at the end of the event, e.g. Halloween and Space Battles ships. These pre-release ships are, as others have said, yours to keep, so the XP stays with them.

Oddly enough, I don't think the same applies for Clan Battles rental ships. I have 700-ish XP on the Hindenburg in my port and I haven't taken it out this season. It must be from last season, in which case the XP stays because this is "Rental Hindenburg" and it got issued to me last season as well, so it must be tagged in game as "Ensign Cthulhu's Rental Hindenburg."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles

Don’t be an idiot like me and forget to remove the early access ship from the convert xp list. Did that on the Implacable, ugh. But my Vladivostok is ready to go. Sovetsky Soyuz is mine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Members
3 posts
3,734 battles

Just wanna ask I got the tier vi french dd combat mission, just to clarify I don't get to keep the ship just the Xp right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,101 posts
6,694 battles
On 5/17/2019 at 7:10 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The XP that goes to T1 ships is when the ship is temporarily loaned out and then gets pulled at the end of the event, e.g. Halloween and Space Battles ships. These pre-release ships are, as others have said, yours to keep, so the XP stays with them.

Oddly enough, I don't think the same applies for Clan Battles rental ships. I have 700-ish XP on the Hindenburg in my port and I haven't taken it out this season. It must be from last season, in which case the XP stays because this is "Rental Hindenburg" and it got issued to me last season as well, so it must be tagged in game as "Ensign Cthulhu's Rental Hindenburg."

Do you know what happens to the loaner XP if you don't have the Tier 1 ship in your port?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,053
[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Do you know what happens to the loaner XP if you don't have the Tier 1 ship in your port?

It magically gets assigned to that ship anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×