You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ToveyADMCinCHomeFleet

having been on the beach

10 comments in this topic

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

My goodness you are in for some surprises.  If you havent played for a couple years just remember this game fondly and go on and live a happy life for those of us that you left behind.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

No real nerfs for the RN BB's but if you really have been gone for two years you need to restart in the low tiers. Two would probably be best to get your sea legs back as they don't see CV's which have been reworked and are not RTS any more. then just move up the tiers as you get comfortable with a tier/ship type again.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,250 battles

Warspite is as good as always and the KGV is still where the RN BB line turns into a bunch of filthy HE spammers.

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles

Both Warspite and KGV would occasionally see premium T7 CV such as Saipan and Kaga, now it’s much more common to end up in game with T8 CVs (premium and tech tree).  KGV is likely to run into number of introduced T9 premiums that can do nasty things to it.

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,043 battles
4 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Both Warspite and KGV would occasionally see premium T7 CV such as Saipan and Kaga, now it’s much more common to end up in game with T8 CVs (premium and tech tree).  KGV is likely to run into number of introduced T9 premiums that can do nasty things to it.

That it can do nasty things to you mean. HE only does more to higher HP ships and KGV's armour isn't all that worse than Monarch's or Lion's. 

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles
8 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

That it can do nasty things to you mean. HE only does more to higher HP ships and KGV's armour isn't all that worse than Monarch's or Lion's. 

Couple years ago KGV could not get shot with Yamato shells, that’s what I meant.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
2 hours ago, warmonger180 said:

for a coupla yrs, what nerfs have Warspite and KGV undergone. I'm sure there were many cuz wg reasons:Smile_sceptic:

Hooo boy. Maybe don't login. Really.

• Meh 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Aside from arguable power creep? Not a whole lot has change for them directly. That said, CVs are now popular, so prepare for that and you should be fairly fine. Read up on CVs or, better still, try them out to get a feel for how to fight them.

Members
319 posts
2,891 battles
2 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Hooo boy. Maybe don't login. Really.

ha ha too late for that lol. been playing a coupla weeks now, had some preem time too tho I'l be damned if I knew where that came from. pretty much picked up where I left off from, coop tho did a few random/ranked battles, shoulda mentioned. like riding a bike. tried carriers, tho didn't get the hang of then, and bot carriers seem to ignore me so far, so stayed in battleships. even managed to sink a coupla 9s recently in KGV, which I didn't have then, or Monarch. don't much care for her. great ship for bbqs, KGV is.

I'm blaming jingles for getting me back into wows, after watching a vid on this newish mode, operations or whatever it is. he better be easy to get when released as a captain

Edited by warmonger180