You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Orsai_De_Cadiz

Replays do not function but once did

14 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
100 posts

I have been keeping my own replays for fun for a while now. For some reason I have been unable to rewatch the in game replay file so I can record it. I have done a fresh install and used aslains mod to enable the replays. I have also done a fresh install and used the old way which is to write in new preferences. Please help this started with the release of 8.3 I have a replay I really want to save and record before its patched into obsolescent. It just opens to the log in screen where you click connect and when you do nothing happens it loads for ever 

Thank you   

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,460 battles

Replays only work on the version of the client they were played in.

Once a major patch is downloaded (0.8.3.x->0.8.4.0), replays from the previous versions can no longer be viewed.

If you have matches you wish to preserve, you either need to record them before upgrading your client, or keep a backup of the entire client from that patch cycle.

A couple more notes:

You no longer need to enable replays via mods.  The client now keeps 30 by default.

If the replay you are trying to watch is from the current client, make sure you are opening it with the WoWs executable (WorldOfWarships.exe), and not the launcher.

• Cool 1

Members
5,262 posts
9,950 battles

Enabling replays just creates the file - nothing more, it does not affect the ability play the files.  As long as the replay file client version is the exact same as the current game client then it should play without any need for interaction of any kind.

I would see if there is a process that is taking a lot of CPUI while the file is trying to be loaded.  You should not have to click on connect at all since it does not need to log in.  Are you sure you do not have more than one client installed?  Maybe there is a registry entry for another client that the OS is referencing...

Edited by CylonRed

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
2 minutes ago, ZoomieG said:

Replays only work on the version of the client they were played in.

Once a major patch is downloaded (0.8.3.x->0.8.4.0), replays from the previous versions can no longer be viewed.

If you have matches you wish to preserve, you either need to record them before upgrading your client, or keep a backup of the entire client from that patch cycle.

A couple more notes:

You no longer need to enable replays via mods.  The client now keeps 30 by default.

If the replay you are trying to watch is from the current client, make sure you are opening it with the WoWs executable (WorldOfWarships.exe), and not the launcher.

You can save a copy of the WoWS folder somewhere else on your computer, just drag the replay to that exe, to watch replays for that version. The other option is to convert anything you want to save into a format that will play in windows or whatever OS you use.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,091 posts
19,199 battles

This happens every time we have an update. 

Members
5,262 posts
9,950 battles

Also run the File Integrity process in the Game Center to see if there are any issues with the game files.

[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,703 battles

Yeah the last patch or 2 seem to come with replays turned back off.

[_RNG_]
Members
24 posts
8,276 battles

I think what he is trying to say, which is the same problem I have, is that replay files from a game you just played don't actually load. I have tried several of them from the past couple of days and they all get stuck on the loading screen.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,767 posts
4,630 battles
18 hours ago, Orsai_De_Cadiz said:

NO NO I cannot play replays for games I played 5 minutes earlier!!!!

What happens? 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,767 posts
4,630 battles
19 hours ago, Orsai_De_Cadiz said:

NO NO I cannot play replays for games I played 5 minutes earlier!!!! 

Okay, just tried to play an ignominious battle from yesterday, where the only other human insisted on playing to a Defeat instead of yoloing for a Draw.

The replay worked fine.

Of course, it was immediately followed by a Win7 BSOD, but I have little reason to connect the two.  Unless that game was haunted.

Edited by iDuckman

Members
5,262 posts
9,950 battles
56 minutes ago, SierraElite said:

I think what he is trying to say, which is the same problem I have, is that replay files from a game you just played don't actually load. I have tried several of them from the past couple of days and they all get stuck on the loading screen.

Since the game does not log in and there have been no patches in the last couple of days....  It is going to be a localized issue - something with the game install, hardware, hardware drivers etc...

Members
130 posts
13,786 battles

I don't buy that at all.  And I'm no PC novice, either.  Back before replays became the latest, greatest feature available within the game (what a crock - it took them 3 years to get that going?) I would quite simply save them using Aslain's mods and just right-click on the replay file in order to watch it using the WOWS executable.

Now, however, the "in-game" replay files identify, by default, as PDF files, and I can only get as far as the WOWS intro window using the WOWS launcher executable (the "worldofwarships" executable won't even add itself to the list of potential programs in the "Open with" window).  I use Windows 7.  And if I try to use the Launcher a second time, it only opens the intro window a second time.  if I use that to manually log into the game, that's all that happens.  The replay doesn't start, and if I try again, as I said, I only get the intro window superimposed on the active game.  But nothing will get a replay to run.

I want to know what happened last night that a teammate launched 6 torpedoes into my side (accounting for 75% of the torpedoes I received) because I was distracted by the remaining 3 enemy BBs all focusing on my Dunkerque.  Didn't get an apology or any comment at all from the guy, and I'm curious about what was going on outside my sphere of attention at the time.

At any rate, my hardware is just fine; I check every morning for any driver updates and even if a reinstall is required in order to watch replays - how is that a problem on MY end?  That only indicates a deficiency in the executable itself and that's not something I can remedy.  Neither can I make WG care if their great new replay capabilities are garbage or not.  I only wish I could make Aslain's override the WG replay function, since THAT always - ALWAYS - worked without a hitch.

Edited by ThatSinkingFeeling

Members
5,262 posts
9,950 battles
2 hours ago, ThatSinkingFeeling said:

don't buy that at all.  And I'm no PC novice, either.  Back before replays became the latest, greatest feature available within the game (what a crock - it took them 3 years to get that going?) I would quite simply save them using Aslain's mods and just right-click on the replay file in order to watch it using the WOWS executable.

Since you did not post to anyone - no idea what post this was in response to.  BUT - there have been zero patches, the replay system does NOT log you in, a internet connection is not needed to play the replays and plays the game fine.

There couple be a corrupt file from any number of places but exes that run the game fine and had no patches and suddenly does not replay files - very unlikely to be a exe issue.

(the "worldofwarships" executable won't even add itself to the list of potential programs in the "Open with" window).

Likely more registry issue but you can choose a file if you so with on the same screen (browse button - I use Win7 as well).

Back before replays became the latest, greatest feature available within the game (what a crock - it took them 3 years to get that going?) I would quite simply save them using Aslain's mods and just right-click on the replay file in order to watch it using the WOWS executable.

They have been available the entire time I have been playing - just had to modify a file with any nearly novice user can do.

And if I try to use the Launcher a second time, it only opens the intro window a second time.  if I use that to manually log into the game, that's all that happens.  The replay doesn't start, and if I try again, as I said, I only get the intro window superimposed on the active game.  But nothing will get a replay to run.

When you say launcher - that to me means the Wargaming Game Center and that is the incorrect EXE to use.  Since you do NOT log in - you use the WorldOfWarships.exe only - the game executable itself.  You can even drafg and drop the replay file in Wiondows Explorer onto the WorldOfWarships.exe and get it to play.

even if a reinstall is required in order to watch replays - how is that a problem on MY end? 

Don't believe that is necessary as the WGC File Integrity checker should be able to repair any corrupt file.  If a reinstall is needed - couple be from any number of reasons including hardware - even if the PC seems to run fine - been there, done that both as a software/system support professional, PC builder, and gamer - took me 3 weeks to find the issue with ram).