You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Curly__san

Minimum Flooding Duration

6 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
1,160 posts
10,430 battles

Since they are (mostly) more powerful; a minimum flooding time for ship launched torpedoes should be considered. Aerial torps are another matter & not one I'm advocating a change to with this particular idea.

• Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,160 posts
10,430 battles

Nameless, faceless down vote; if only you had something useful to contribute. Allow me to respond, but on a more reasoned  & erudite level;

BIll_The_Cat.jpg

• Funny 2

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,122 battles
23 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Since they are (mostly) more powerful; a minimum flooding time for ship launched torpedoes should be considered. Aerial torps are another matter & not one I'm advocating a change to with this particular idea.

While there is historical reasons to suggest this change, that would greatly complicate mechanics without much value being added.

Considering there are already considerable variations as to the chance to cause a flood we feel this mechanic itself is in a good place.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles

The game has shifted in the fist part of the fiscal year of 2019. From balanced ordnance to favoring certain types of weapons and DMG.

That said, I dont think flood DMG will get viewed for this year.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,160 posts
10,430 battles
10 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

While there is historical reasons to suggest this change, that would greatly complicate mechanics without much value being added.

Considering there are already considerable variations as to the chance to cause a flood we feel this mechanic itself is in a good place.

Fem, 

Thanks for the reply, Fem. I don't follow that having a flood do a minimum of 3, 5, or 10 seconds of damage(or what have you) would be so hard to implement, but then I'm no expert on what it would cost in terms of client side cpu resources to operate. My idea wasn't to change the incidence, but the minimum duration of a flood. But, as you say, WG feels otherwise.  It was an idea I thought worth mentioning, not so much for *hysterical reasons, but more representative of overall threat/effectiveness, that is all.

*Malapropism completely intentional.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles

In a simulation what you are asking for would make sense but not for an arcade game such as ours.

• Boring 1