You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

When a perfect plan...

8 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,190 battles

Gets foiled by an observant team mate. 

Dodged the rocket planes early on, get past the entire red team and there is my prize snuggled up against an island and he can only reverse in my direction.

I'm drooling at the thought of sinking all 15 of my torps deep into the hull of my arch nemesis. The anticipation is killing me.

Then the Monty shells him to death from halfway across the map. Oh well back to port to be burned to death by the next cv.

• Funny 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,583 posts
15,711 battles

What is the old saying? "Close, but no cigar." Better luck next time. 

On the flip side of that. I've been in terminal velocity in a USN DB run and some one blast the hapless ship before I release ordinance and get to fly through a glorious shock wave and fireball.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
301 posts
12,338 battles

funny, your Prize? You just Spotted "The Prize" for everyone on your team - GJ Spotting M8 

• Cool 1

Members
1,596 posts
25,106 battles

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 1

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

But at least you get all that great XP from spotting right?!?! That's as good as damage and kills! 

Right?!

:Smile_sad:

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,190 battles
9 hours ago, 05Chopp said:

funny, your Prize? You just Spotted "The Prize" for everyone on your team - GJ Spotting M8 

Yeah, I forgot that cv's are the new dds, everyone shoots the cv once spotted.

Was just being playful with words referring it as "my prize". Its so rare these days for a dd player to see the red cv. His planes you see a lot of, him not so much and even very rare to be in a position to do something about it. To think of it the last time I got that close to a Midway he just turned away and I just could close the distance to effectively torp. Those suckers are fast.

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,190 battles
8 hours ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

But at least you get all that great XP from spotting right?!?! That's as good as damage and kills! 

Right?!

:Smile_sad:

Spotting damage for the entire game was a tad over 150k. I think I probably got 2 bits of silver for it :cap_wander: