You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SOJO

UPCOMING 8.4 – BRITISH CV’S – THE ONLY CHOICE

44 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
109 posts

UPCOMING 8.4 – BRITISH CV’S – THE ONLY CHOICE

Well, Let’s see after this next update – AP bombs from Japanese Carriers well have to thread the proverbial eye of the needle in the hopes of landing a direct hit on any ship; HE bombs from U.S. Aircraft Carriers may hit 10% of the time for any respectable damage etc.-  Basically playing a U.S. or Japanese Aircraft Carrier will be as productive as a one legged man in an A** kicking contest after the update.

The only Carrier that will emerge from the "Whiners Inquisition” is the British Carriers, and their innate ability to HE Carpet Bomb, it’s hard to nerf an area effect bombing with its dispersive spread. NOW -  that goes without saying, a whole new wave of complaints will emerge from the “Woe Always Let Me Complain Crowd” calling for the Eradication, Annihilation, and ruination of all the British Carriers.

Also,

This is a perfect opportunity for Wargaming to finally release and sell the “Indomitable” tier VIII British Carrier for approximately $50.00 U.S.  British Carriers will reign as the “go to carriers” of choice (for awhile), it makes perfect since during this time of British CV Supremacy for Wargaming to bait the consumer with the release of an OP Premium British Carrier, -  only to nerf it at a later date which is habitually foreseeable.

Note “the Indomitable” ONLY carries; Fighter/Rocket & Bomber Aircraft -  No Torpedo Aircraft -  And no nerfs will be forthcoming to the tier British Carriers right away, not until Wargaming has amassed enough profits overtime from selling the Indomitable – Only then will they nerf the whole CV British line, to include the “Indomitable”

I know, I know -   other opinions i.e. Well, the Japanese have great Torpedoes, and the U.S. etc. –

BUT, remember – After the update, British Carriers will still retain respectable damage output from all three of their offensive capabilities e.g. Rockets, “Bombs” and Torpedoes –  U.S. and Japanese will have to rely on their rockets and torpedoes for maximizing their damage / overtime output respectively.

Now -

Sit back relax, order some Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, with a side order of Fish & Chips, topped off with some Cottage Pie, chased down with a cup of piping hot Earl Grey Cream Tea, and watch the upcoming British Carrier Show, Mate!

Info link - 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Indomitable 

Edited by SOJO
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[TARK]
Members
6,658 posts
2,529 battles

I got a kick out of this.

So true, and we will just roll with it.

It does make me want to then focus more on my fighter game with the USN CVs.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,558 posts

They are changing the Hak Bombers ?  if not.. they are still strong vs anything but a DD.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles

meanwhile GRAF ZEPPELIN KEEPS WINNING.

stuka-dive-bomber.jpg

• Cool 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

First RN bombs get drag chutes, now all CV aircraft get drag chutes.  GZ and enterprise are toast on the update.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,945 battles

Its kind obvius they going try push the UK line more...

... but sinse they nerf the he bombs to oblivion i bet in the carrier dead.

Congratz wg, you rework the system to put on consoles make more people playing and nerf it util no one else want play it, and get a lot money from stu.... people like me how buy premium carriers, congratz.

• Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,034 posts
5,697 battles

Isn't Haku getting its torpedo soup abilities back?    That might be worthwhile, just stay totally out of all AA and throw long range torps into blobs.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles
1 minute ago, NoSoMo said:

First RN bombs get drag chutes, now all CV aircraft get drag chutes.  GZ and enterprise are toast on the update.

GZ got the reverse treatment. faster bomb drop,better pen,more accurate.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles

My experience on the PT was that the only reliable tool to attack DD's is rockets. AP bombs were always mostly useless against all but near dead DD's. Dive bombers are still good against larger ships. Making two changes at once to US DB's was using a sledge hammer to do what needed a scalpel.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles

don't forget that RN planes are slow,and will be even slower with the engine nerf.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,945 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

And slow paper planes... and TX MM... what the point have a better pen if you cant get close to any targer?

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Oh no, GZ like midway rocket aircraft got super gimped.  I can see the way they announced it bamboozled you.  GZ and Enterprise aircraft are going to get absolutely shredded. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles
Just now, HyenaHiena said:

And slow paper planes... and TX MM... what the point have a better pen if you cant get close to any targer?

what slow?they are still the fastest planes in the game. the torp and bomber aircrafts can still   go beyond 200 knots. just not the 250knots.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles
2 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Oh no, GZ like midway rocket aircraft got super gimped.  I can see the way they announced it bamboozled you.  GZ and Enterprise aircraft are going to get absolutely shredded. 

GZ planes were already a meh tool,they still cary tiny tims and are perfect against DDs because they are slow.

they can easily turn around for another strike because of the speed,like the rn torpedo bombers do.

if i keep using it for DD hunting,they are still a good tool.actually slower means easier to aim and make a second strike faster.

Edited by Cruxdei

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,945 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

what slow?they are still the fastest planes in the game. the torp and bomber aircrafts can still   go beyond 200 knots. just not the 250knots.

Thats slow for his planes HP vs TX AA. Its alread terrible fight TX battle, its going become even worse in next patch.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,217 posts
21,456 battles
6 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

don't forget that RN planes are slow,and will be even slower with the engine nerf.

heck, we can maybe now do two rocket attacks per run :cap_rambo:

[-BUI-]
Members
2,034 posts
5,697 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

GZ depends on that speed to get out of AA because the planes are paper.   If the GZ can't escape the AA bubble all the planes will VERY quickly die, attempt a 180 within AA with the GZ and you'll see what I mean (you'll lose every single plane before you complete that 180)....slower planes = more time in AA = more planes die.  

If the GZ can't zip in and zip out, its unplayable.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles
Just now, HyenaHiena said:

Thats slow for his planes HP vs TX AA. Its alread terrible fight TX battle, its going become even worse in next patch.

i don't have problems with tier10 matches,i just need to avoid those minos and worcesters and DM. the rest is ok.

5jdkTmj.gif

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,945 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

i don't have problems with tier10 matches,i just need to avoid those minos and worcesters and DM. the rest is ok.

5jdkTmj.gif

You know they going reduce a lot the speed boost, and thats means more time in AA right?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles

AH you peasants,don't feel my love for graf zep.

how dare you call her slow,how DARE you call her toast.

you are all buttblasted that your carriers are trash now except for my beloved graf zep.

but don't worry graf zep,you only need ME to remain relevant.

she is perfect.

hqdefault.jpg

• Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles
3 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

You know they going reduce a lot the speed boost, and thats means more time in AA right?

so now CV players will need to manage the speed boost,use it when closing in instead of wasting it when taking off the  CV. she can still go beyond 200 knots,that is still enough to zip in and zip out.

Edited by Cruxdei

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,945 battles

Riiiiiiiight :P Well is good you at least love this ship no matter what they(wg) do with she.

3k posts, for a cv lover player, i'm proud of this lulz

• Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,677 battles

Is there currently a clear cut CV line that is better than the others from top to bottom?

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,945 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

so now CV players will need to manage the speed boost,use it when closing in instead of wasting it when taking off the  CV.

I think is more likely 1 of 2 things happens:

1 - People keep playing because they love that ship no matter what.

2 - Most will just stop playing because is not fun play with a nerfed class.