You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Premium Ship Review #123: Lazo

52 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

Hope you get well soon LWM.

As for the review, it seems to suggest that it is better to get the unique perma camos.

Beta Testers
1,732 posts
4,563 battles

Please continue to rest up and get better. :)

Thank you for offering us a little something as you recover. :)

[PVE]
Members
11,474 posts
20,470 battles

Do feel better Miss Mouse, it's nice to see your little bouncy Avatar.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
33,661 posts
28,459 battles

Welcome back LWM.

Anyone that's ever played RU CLs will know what it's all about and be immediately comfortable.

"Long Ranged Combat or Die."

Keep at as long range as you can where you are reliably hitting targets, especially against BBs, which will tend to be what kill RU CLs most of the time.

If you like to poke around in intermediate and short range, scouting ahead with a Cruiser at certain times in a game, snoop & poop around islands, RU Cruisers are the worst ships to use.

- Large, clumsy sailing Cruisers.

- Generally awful torpedo ranges and low amount of torps.

- Awful armor.

- Clumsy gun handling in short ranges.

- The worst Cruiser Concealment in the game.

You try to push in front with these RU CLs, you'll get easily outspotted, focus fired.  Short ranged surprises will be devastating because the ship, gun handling responds slowly, and the terrible protection will see you get easily citadeled even by other Cruisers.  A sneaky DD that pushes up and surprises a RU CL can easily multi-citadel it in short ranges.  You run into a USN CA in these sort of ranges, you're going to have a really abrupt, bad end.

You fight at long range, farm HE & Fire damage against Battleships primarily.  However, those low shell arcs and high velocity shells also make them great in hammering Destroyers.  Always look for a chance to hit them.  Those fast sailing RU DD Gunboats, etc?  You can hit them reliably while USN Cruisers and their slow, floaty shells struggle.

IMO, the long range emphasis scales well when you deal with the much more dangerous Tier VIII & IX ships who start gravitating to strong firepower, some even at range.  Some Cruisers out there really need to get into 14km, 15km to have effective gunnery.  For some of those Tier VIII & IX Battleships, 14-15km is EZ Punishment Mode.  Schors, Lazo... Just keep playing at long range and keep HE DPM'ing.  Use WASD and don't let the turret traverse and reload sucker you into sailing straight long.  You do that and you'll find those Battleships hammering you even at long range.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[REALY]
Members
205 posts
1,993 battles

Thanks for all the hard work you do, Mouse! As others have said, focus on your health first. We'll still be here when you get back.

Oh, and since this thread seems to have a dearth of upvote gifs, I present the following:

giphy.gif

[HEL-2]
Members
213 posts
8,235 battles

It was good to see you driving an Atlanta on my team the other day!  Keep feeling better!  And thanks for the review.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,642 posts
10,993 battles

Lazo is pretty much just a ranged HE spammer w/ thin armor, as expected.

Definitely not worth 1500 tokens. Something a bit more armored like Donskoi would be worthwhile.

[ARR0W]
Members
4,462 posts
27,892 battles

Nice work; as always, a good read. 

A lingering illness can be very draining, I hope that you are well soon. 

• Cool 1

[DARTH]
Members
555 posts
15,891 battles
7 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Nifty ship review

As always, thanks for another wonderful review, and the real reason I'm posting here:

Get Well Soon!

(Seriously, hope you'll be feeling much better and back on track, being sick stinks)

Kobeni-Yonomori-Not-Feeling-Well_small.jpg

Edited by Korval_BB55
To add some kawaii

Members
253 posts
8,236 battles

oh my gosh mouse hope you get well soon take care of yourself, and thank you for all the excellent  reviews.

Members
3,114 posts
13,427 battles
9 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

For those unaware, I'm not feeling very well.  I got seriously ill at the end of April and I'm still recovering, albeit slowly.  This has really put a damper on the time I'm able to sit at a computer, to say nothing of my output of work and reviews.

Ships come and go, but your health is life long priority.  Get well, sending good thoughts.

[SCCC]
WoWS Community Contributors
960 posts
19,885 battles

Hope you are feeling more energetic and better sooner rather than later @LittleWhiteMouse

Good review, I've enjoyed this ship for the crates for the boyar mission. The spotter plane and IFHE long range spam make this ship playable but limited in style. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles

Glad to see you up and reviewing, Mouse! Get feeling better, the botes will still be here when you get back.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,344 posts
8,876 battles

Thanks for getting this completed, Mouse!  Your reviews and input are sorely missed, but the most important thing is to get well!  

Hope that happens real soon!  Best wishes!!

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,531 posts

Welcome back.  I thought the Lazo was built as part of series of 7 project 68 ships (2 scrapped on slips). Chapayev class actually.. but I do see your point - Lazo wasn't one of the legit ship names.  I figured with 5 ships actually built WG might have just picked one of those.

Also hope you feel better, soon.

[BTLST]
Members
854 posts
13,586 battles

While I truly miss your critically honest and unbiased reviews I would both prefer and urge that you not worry about work, reviews, and your many followers until completely recovered!    I highly suspect all your followers would agree as we all value & treasure your reviews for their keen observation, insights, and all the hands-on playtesting that you lavish on each and every ship you undertake to review.    So we are far more concerned that your recovery is full and complete!    In trying to hurry back you may cause a relapse that could be far worse, even devastating than the original event was.    We will all be here waiting for your return but only with a complete and total recovery.   Then you return to your unchallenged position as not only the Queen of Reviewers but the foremost reviewer in written format!    

Take care - Get well fully - and then we'll see you back!

dbw86

[BANGO]
Members
799 posts
23,825 battles
On 5/17/2019 at 12:04 PM, dbw86 said:

While I truly miss your critically honest and unbiased reviews I would both prefer and urge that you not worry about work, reviews, and your many followers until completely recovered!    I highly suspect all your followers would agree as we all value & treasure your reviews for their keen observation, insights, and all the hands-on playtesting that you lavish on each and every ship you undertake to review.    So we are far more concerned that your recovery is full and complete!    In trying to hurry back you may cause a relapse that could be far worse, even devastating than the original event was.    We will all be here waiting for your return but only with a complete and total recovery.   Then you return to your unchallenged position as not only the Queen of Reviewers but the foremost reviewer in written format!    

Take care - Get well fully - and then we'll see you back!

dbw86

+2 absolutely. Having just cut a vacation short to deal with a blown achilles tendon,  I wholeearted agree that getting healthy again is the most important thing you can do for yourself, your reviews and your followers.