You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jester_of_War

One question, two comments

16 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles

Hi everyone,

One Question:

1. How to turn off the Japanese voice over for Azur Lane commanders? I don't mind the graphics, but I find the voice distracting. Is there a setting that just makes the voice over in English?

Two Comments:

1. I wish the Chat and the Mini-map used the same names. Minimap uses ship class and chat uses Player Name. So you have to constantly cross-reference to know who you are talking to.
  2. When will we get new Destroyers in the Armory for Coal? I bought all the ones I can get for Coal. I want more...

Thanks!

Members
5,261 posts
9,946 battles

1.  I believe the mini=-mp can use both at the same time - name and ship class.   Can't just use ship class in chat since many times there are multiple ship classes on either team.

[REVY]
Members
2,280 posts
12,236 battles
59 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Hi everyone,

One Question:

1. How to turn off the Japanese voice over for Azur Lane commanders? I don't mind the graphics, but I find the voice distracting. Is there a setting that just makes the voice over in English?

Two Comments:

1. I wish the Chat and the Mini-map used the same names. Minimap uses ship class and chat uses Player Name. So you have to constantly cross-reference to know who you are talking to.
  2. When will we get new Destroyers in the Armory for Coal? I bought all the ones I can get for Coal. I want more...

Thanks!

#1:  I believe in the sound settings there are options for the voice-overs. Either english, national flavor, or even voice Mods.

2 #1:  I think that is in the mini-map settings.

#2: unknown. Possibly Benham? But I haven't heard/read anything in regards to that.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,388 posts
15,783 battles

Yes there is an option in settings to change which voices are used.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,894 posts
45,124 battles
1 hour ago, Jester_of_War said:

Hi everyone,

One Question:

Two Comments:

Thanks!

For your question:  In Audio settings, you probably have the voice set to 'National +'.  Change it to 'National' if you don't want the anime voices.

I have the anime Hood captain on my tier 8 RN CV when I realized I never heard her voice.  It was always a male Brit voice.  I checked my setting and it was set to 'National'.  I then changed it to 'National +' and now the Hood captain has the female anime voice.

[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,068 battles
2 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

I wish the Chat and the Mini-map used the same names. Minimap uses ship class and chat uses Player Name. So you have to constantly cross-reference to know who you are talking to.

ModStation has an option to display the ship info with the name in chat. Very useful indeed!

image.thumb.png.e88a61823b5b2a68ce5673fa8aff7bbb.png

Edited by freggo
added screenshot

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,970 battles
1 hour ago, Jester_of_War said:

I wish the Chat and the Mini-map used the same names. Minimap uses ship class and chat uses Player Name. So you have to constantly cross-reference to know who you are talking to.

There is a great chat mod in the WoWS mod station. I can see what boat people are driving when they type in chat. 

If your willing to do a few extra steps... https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/modstation/

Members
927 posts
10,190 battles
4 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

There is a great chat mod in the WoWS mod station. I can see what boat people are driving when they type in chat. 

If your willing to do a few extra steps... https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/modstation/

That seems like such a useful option it really should be an unmodded selection.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,970 battles
11 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

It really should. There is so many great mods that deserve to be in game. I have totally fallen in love with the heal counter (shows how much HP you can heal), and the timer that counts down the 20s of your gun bloom. I also am still wondering why the navigator that shows the relative angle of an enemy to you is not in the game yet.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,050 posts
16,750 battles
3 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Modstation has a lot of useful mods that are not in the unmodded game.  I'll chuckle a little realizing that the unmodded game has incorporated mods over time, so it is in fact, modded.

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles

On 5/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, Lord_Slayer said:

#1:  I believe in the sound settings there are options for the voice-overs. Either english, national flavor, or even voice Mods.

2 #1:  I think that is in the mini-map settings.

#2: unknown. Possibly Benham? But I haven't heard/read anything in regards to that.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:07 PM, paradat said:

Yes there is an option in settings to change which voices are used.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:12 PM, Patton5150 said:

For your question:  In Audio settings, you probably have the voice set to 'National +'.  Change it to 'National' if you don't want the anime voices.

I have the anime Hood captain on my tier 8 RN CV when I realized I never heard her voice.  It was always a male Brit voice.  I checked my setting and it was set to 'National'.  I then changed it to 'National +' and now the Hood captain has the female anime voice.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Unfortunately, I don't think that does it.

When I set it to National, then each ship is in that ships language. That's cool, but I find it distracting. Not my thing.

When I set it to back to Standard, then it's how I like it except the Azur Lane Commanders are still in Japanese. (And it's a very "hyper adolescent" voice, which is not really my thing.)

Is there a way so I can keep the Azur Lane graphics but have the voiceover that I am used to (ie "Standard" with no Azur Lane voices)?

image.png.7df856d538fcc602810efa2cc5d19804.png

^ This is even worse for me.

image.png.3cf15ef11df8a2d3589158eda1ef7a44.png

^ This is close, but not quite what I want.

Edited by Jester_of_War

[WOLFC]
Members
2,869 posts
16,259 battles
35 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Is there a way so I can keep the Azur Lane graphics but have the voiceover that I am used to?

I had the voices in National voiceover + and actually liked the voices in their national language ... but changed it to National to eliminate the anime voices.  Other than Standard, there's not many other choices except for the cartoon ones.

You may want to set up a battle in the training room and use a ship with an AL captain ... then you can play with the settings until you get what you want ... if that's possible.

edit: I just changed my setting to Standard, with should make everything in English, and the anime graphic for the captain didn't change, so I don't know what else you would be looking for.  EDIT again ... nvm, I found that Standard keeps the anime voice as well.

Edited by DocWalker

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles
9 hours ago, DocWalker said:

edit: I just changed my setting to Standard, with should make everything in English, and the anime graphic for the captain didn't change, so I don't know what else you would be looking for.  EDIT again ... nvm, I found that Standard keeps the anime voice as well.

Yeah it's that: Standard is how I like it. I would like to not hear the Azur Lane voices.

Seems like a simple settings config, I just can't figure it out.

Maybe one of the pros can tell us how to fix it: Community Coordinators? @Kami or @Femennenly ? Or Developers? @Sub_Octavian

[sorry to spam. I just can't figure it out and between posting about it several months ago and then again this time, it seems like someone can just say how to do it and put it to bed. Thanks!!!]

Edited by Jester_of_War

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles

Well... two weeks later and still no answer.

Is it not possible?

To repeat the question: I'd like to keep the visuals of the Azur Lane commander but not the voice. I'd like the Standard voice that I'm used to.

Just like the special April Fools commanders -- they look different but they don't change the voice. I want some settings that make the Azur Lane commanders do that.