You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KillerCat33

Anyone notice the ship speed is a lot lower now

22 comments in this topic

[FPWW]
Members
2 posts
20,379 battles

I have noticed that it really takes a long time now to slow down or reverse. There are times when you need to slow right down or possibly reverse due to poor spotting and you see a torpedo or a hornets nest of oncoming ships.  It used to take a while to slow down, maybe 20 or 30 seconds depending on your ship, but now it takes well over a minute, and even to get back up to speed it seems to take an awful long time.  I also feel that my ships are not going as fast as they used to, even though the knots shows correctly, it seems like the actual speed has been dropped. I feel like I don't have much control over my ships anymore which has affected my game play outcomes and is very frustrating, has anyone else noticed this?

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles

Haven't noticed any change.  With the exception of British DDs and cruisers, ships have always been slow to accelerate or decelerate.

But if you're feeling that its really bothering you, try equipping the acceleration module on those ships and see if it helps.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles

It's funny though, I do have days where everything seems slower, but I notice it first with my own ship.

I'm sure it's just me, though I've seen others mention it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,162 posts
19,031 battles

Nothing has changed.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,879 posts
16,337 battles

I've noticed in the evening after a couple of Scotch's everything seems faster for awhile ... and later slows way down. :Smile_trollface:

Sorry, just had to.  I've noticed no change.

• Funny 2

0 posts

I have slow days, and quick days, days when I have two left feet, days when I forget where I put my glasses (on my head of course), early morning is the worst, I feel slow, but everything happens to me too damned quickly, like those times I stub my toe while slowly staggering bleary eyed to the coffee machine. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

Some ships just feel faster and some ships just feel slower at the same speed.

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
788 posts
11,945 battles

Sometimes it seems that way.  I considered it is all perception.  For me, I blame lack of sleep or sobriety level,  always colors my outlook on reality

[VOP]
Members
600 posts
47 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Some ships just feel faster and some ships just feel slower at the same speed.

Myself and a couple clan mates noticed this too.  Feels like the ship is moving through jello.

[PVE]
Members
1,711 posts
7,941 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

It's funny though, I do have days where everything seems slower, but I notice it first with my own ship.

I'm sure it's just me, though I've seen others mention it.

That's where I noticed it, is with my own ship, some days they will seem to just be held back and not zooming through the virtual water as they did the day before.

2 hours ago, Lert said:

Nothing has changed.

Of course you know this as fact? You have absolute undisputed proof that nothing has changed...yep, of course you do. Looks as though everyone in this thread is speaking in terms of 'seems' or 'feels', with the exception of you, why is that? Never mind, its unimportant.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,162 posts
19,031 battles
50 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Of course you know this as fact? You have absolute undisputed proof that nothing has changed...yep, of course you do. Looks as though everyone in this thread is speaking in terms of 'seems' or 'feels', with the exception of you, why is that? Never mind, its unimportant.

No, just a feeling that nothing's changed. I mean, if that's good enough for you, 'just a feeling', then it should be good enough for me, right? Because it'd be entirely unfair to base claims of change on 'feelings', and demand proof when someone claims nothing's changed, right? And you're not that, are you? Completely unfair, I mean? Of course you're not. So, you should accept my claim that nothing's changed just as valid as the claim that something has, instead of demanding proof simply because it doesn't fit within your view of the game.

Ohhh, but wait, there's this thing called 'burden of proof', which is on the person claiming that something has changed, so .... Where is your irrefutable proof? Or, OPs in this case?

Also, answer me this: what good would such a change do, anyways? If anything, it would go counter to WG's purpose of making games go faster. If anything, WG would be more likely to make ships more responsive so they get to the battle quicker and die quicker.

<edit> If WG had actually changed ship speeds / acceleration, etc - it would've been in the patch notes, and if not in there, all over reddit and the forum due to dataminers all ringing bells of alarm.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,415 posts
15,895 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Nothing has changed.

This^^

Now perspective can effect how you feel the movement. Zoom in and you will feel faster, Zoom out and you will feel slower. This is just perspective. Play with this for a bit and you can experience this for yourself. Monitor aspect ratio can do this as well. It is all just perspective. This can be jarring if you currently only use shift to zoom in and out and you accidentally change how far in and out your default is. Use your mouse wheel to re-find your comfort spots.

Actual ships speed has not changed.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,162 posts
19,031 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

This^^

Now perspective can effect how you feel the movement. Zoom in and you will feel faster, Zoom out and you will feel slower. This is just perspective. Actual ships speed has not changed.

Also, if you play a number of 30 knot ships and then switch to a 25 knot one, your perception of speed will also be affected differently than if you go from a bunch of 20 knot ships to a 25 knot one. I don't know what ships OP has been playing, but this might be a factor.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,415 posts
15,895 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Also, if you play a number of 30 knot ships and then switch to a 25 knot one, your perception of speed will also be affected differently than if you go from a bunch of 20 knot ships to a 25 knot one. I don't know what ships OP has been playing, but this might be a factor.

Ah yes good point. Since I play so wide I have not noticed this one.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
1 hour ago, Judge_Doom said:

That's where I noticed it, is with my own ship, some days they will seem to just be held back and not zooming through the virtual water as they did the day before.

Exactly. It feels like somebody slowed a film down by 5%. Everything works as it should in relation to each other, just overall slower enough to notice.

IOW, it might take me a litttle longer to decelerate to avoid torps, but the torps are slower too. 

1 hour ago, Judge_Doom said:

Of course you know this as fact? You have absolute undisputed proof that nothing has changed...yep, of course you do. Looks as though everyone in this thread is speaking in terms of 'seems' or 'feels', with the exception of you....

Thing is though, it's sporadic and random for me. I'm thinking that if they purposely changed something, it would be permanent.

Possibly a server bug of some kind?

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

This^^

Now perspective can effect how you feel the movement. Zoom in and you will feel faster, Zoom out and you will feel slower. This is just perspective. Play with this for a bit and you can experience this for yourself. Monitor aspect ratio can do this as well. It is all just perspective. This can be jarring if you currently only use shift to zoom in and out and you accidentally change how far in and out your default is. Use your mouse wheel to re-find your comfort spots.

Actual ships speed has not changed.

Can't be that for me, I never use anything but fully zoomed out, or fully zoomed in binoc view.

1 hour ago, Lert said:

Maybe, although I rarely play the same ship twice, I'm well used to switching ships with different speeds, and it's definitely a thing that is present for the whole session, or not at all (which is by far most common)

Something does occasionally seem "off", and I'm not one to wear tinfoil.

I don't worry about it though, as even when it does occur, everything remains the same relatively.

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles

Alcohol and Certain drugs can vastly affect you sense of time, speed and motion. Data tested  this.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,897 posts
17,945 battles

The Brits are slow.  Broke the damn "s" key on my keyboard all those times trying to stop before I overshot my smoke.  

And when I say Brits are slow, I'm talking about the ships...not the locals.    

Members
510 posts
14,070 battles

Sometimes, individual ships can seem slower than others.    For me, Monarch was a painfully slow, boring battleship.    Then I'd drive my Massachusetts (which I enjoy greatly!) and appreciate that faster ship.     Only after a few games did I realize both ships have pretty much the exact same speed (Monarch is actually .5k faster!)    It was all my perception of the two.  

Edited by ThumperD702

Members
563 posts
15,981 battles
5 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I've noticed in the evening after a couple of Scotch's everything seems faster for awhile ... and later slows way down. :Smile_trollface:

Sorry, just had to.  I've noticed no change.

I have had this effect many times as well.   Funny story....I have a cat that is basically retarded.  Whatever drink or food that he sees, he has to come sniff it and he apparently HATES the smell of scotch.  He makes a very disgusted face every time he takes a whiff of it.  I drink it out of the same glass every time and I’m the only one in the house that uses that type glass and that’s all I use it for.  You’d think he would have learned by now (he’s 8 years old) that when he sees the scotch glass, it’s not gonna be something he wants to sniff....but he does it every single time anyway.

Edited by RumpledSteelskins
  • Funny 1