Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ragedps

Get rid of the terrible wargaming launcher!!!

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[TURN]
Members
6 posts
3,880 battles

Just spent 2 hours downloading?installing a 3.5gb patch downloading at 4mb/s it stopped 4 times to go back to Installing for 30mins then resume it also uses 100% bandwidth when downloading Example Dropping me from discord with a ping of 23K even when i cap the speeds like wth [edited]garbage launcher!!! i'v downlaoded steam games at 4mb/s and i can even play overwatch or something like that with decent enough ping. Go back to solo game launcher ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
58 minutes ago, muffster said:

Just spent 2 hours downloading?installing a 3.5gb patch downloading at 4mb/s it stopped 4 times to go back to Installing for 30mins then resume it also uses 100% bandwidth when downloading Example Dropping me from discord with a ping of 23K even when i cap the speeds like wth [edited]garbage launcher!!! i'v downlaoded steam games at 4mb/s and i can even play overwatch or something like that with decent enough ping. Go back to solo game launcher ffs.

Sorry for your such experience. Did you change the settings? It sounds like there is limit in downloading speed. 

Spoiler

Capture1.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TURN]
Members
6 posts
3,880 battles

image.thumb.png.6255d02a325b6b2dd18e611f74249aef.png

i Limited it so i coould still use my PC still having everything ticked and unlimited it still does this its been on this 1mb bullcrap fro the last 30mins hence why the post there was like 2-3 of these pauses if you will while downloading 4mbs is muy standard download speed when downlaoding i limited it to 2mbs in the launcher if i dont i cant even open web pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
2 minutes ago, muffster said:

image.thumb.png.6255d02a325b6b2dd18e611f74249aef.png

i Limited it so i coould still use my PC still having everything ticked and unlimited it still does this its been on this 1mb bullcrap fro the last 30mins hence why the post there was like 2-3 of these pauses if you will while downloading 4mbs is muy standard download speed when downlaoding i limited it to 2mbs in the launcher if i dont i cant even open web pages.

Sorry for such inconveniences. We had some reports on this stuck on 77%, but it wasn't even a stuck. In most cases it worked slowly.
If you think it's really an issue, then simple full restart of WGC fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,101 battles
1 hour ago, muffster said:

image.png.5798ae06e8a2328fff7c471e1d15e11a.png

1% since last post LOL amazing

 

This does not sound right.

have you checked your internet speed?

Try https://www.speedtest.net/

I get 183Mbps down and 10.5 up with a 30ms ping.

Have no problems with updates or game play.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

I've had a similar experience. Submitting a support ticket with all they require is so much work I just don't bother. I work in IT, I don't feel like putting that much effort into a support ticket for you. You need to do the work, not me. The launcher is an unmitigated disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
74 posts
11,779 battles

If you watch the progress bar, it will tell you what it is doing. Wargaming has it programmed to download a portion then install it then download more then install those files and repeats as needed. 

What you are seeing is the final install where the game is also being configured and that last 1 Md downloads that the very end at around 95% complete. So the percent tracker is tracking both the download and install progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

Starting at 9:46 ending at 9:47, actually less than 1 minute. That includes updating the game center also. It seems to be working fine in Minnesota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
5 hours ago, muffster said:

image.png.5798ae06e8a2328fff7c471e1d15e11a.png

1% since last post LOL amazing

Sorry for this. We do work on making WGC better. And most issues have been fixed already. Some inconvenient like these were reported. So if it's technically possible I hope we'll fix them either.
Is it still actual for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×