You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SatansOilcan

Watch your premium time closely, gentlemen.

27 comments in this topic

[ANK-A]
Members
437 posts
13,392 battles

I have long suspected my premium account time was ticking down way too quickly but I though it must me in my head.  On May 10th, I grabbed a screenshot and had 999 days.  Today I checked again and have 991 days.  I opened a ticket where the CS blithely responded that everything was fine and closed the ticket.  Have any of you noticed the same thing with your accounts?  I reopend the ticket because Wargaming owes me answers.  Screenshots that I sent in below: 

43043320_05-10-19premiumreference.thumb.jpg.99cb27e2609862d3c5a8dcfab0dfb63c.jpg484629333_05-14-19PremiumReference.thumb.jpg.9a971ca024834427cf5d78c9457ef374.jpg

• Cool 4

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

I think it's probably a glitch (most people don't buy years of premium time in advance, power to you though) than malice. I know that the during battle there is time compression, maybe there is some with all of the games functions? I would be interested to see how it progresses if you care to keep us updated.

Edit:

Since the in game clock doesn't display dates it looks like you are a fan of grabbing ships sooner rather than later, maybe try getting a screenshot of a ship the day it comes out (or the next time they change/ add a port) and monitor the time after that. That way you can date stamp the screen shots in a way that's difficult to to Photoshop.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News
  • Cool 2

[IDFK]
Members
91 posts
2,780 battles
7 minutes ago, driedjello said:

I have long suspected my premium account time was ticking down way too quickly but I though it must me in my head.  On May 10th, I grabbed a screenshot and had 999 days.  Today I checked again and have 991 days.  I opened a ticket where the CS blithely responded that everything was fine and closed the ticket.  Have any of you noticed the same thing with your accounts?  I reopend the ticket because Wargaming owes me answers.  Screenshots that I sent in below: 

Unfortunately there isn't a surefire of dating those screenshots; I'd recommend somehow time stamping them if you can as screenshot names can be edited.

But yeah heard some friends that are new at the game complaining their premium just ran out and just thought they were mis-remembering, lot more noticeable apparently if you go from 4 or so days to not having it overnight.  I doubt there's actual malice to it though.  Hell I got an extra month for a total of 41 two days ago but now I got 37 if I'm not wrong.

• Cool 1

[ANK-A]
Members
437 posts
13,392 battles

excellent suggestion.  at least today, I have put the 991 day in the forums to serve as a public record. 

9 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I think it's probably a glitch (most people don't buy years of premium time in advance, power to you though) than malice. I know that the during battle there is time compression, maybe there is some with all of the games functions? I would be interested to see how it progresses if you care to keep us updated.

Edit:

Since the in game clock doesn't display dates it looks like you are a fan of grabbing ships sooner rather than later, maybe try getting a screenshot of a ship the day it comes out (or the next time they change/ add a port) and monitor the time after that. That way you can date stamp the screen shots in a way that's difficult to to Photoshop.

Beta Testers
803 posts
4,903 battles

I mean the file name has the date and time in it, and the properties tab of the screen shot show when it was created and if it was modified so it is time tamped basically. but i have like 1400~~ days of premium time and I've never noticed it drop fast., then  again i always end up with more because bundles lol

[IDFK]
Members
91 posts
2,780 battles
1 minute ago, driedjello said:

excellent suggestion.  at least today, I have put the 991 day in the forums to serve as a public record. 

Honestly using the forums is probably the easiest way to do it, but while unlikely it's possible there is malicious intentions so I would keep a screenshot that includes: the post to the forum, the date, the premium time, and keep the url link lying around somewhere.  If the thread ends up getting deleted or something it provides a lot more of a punch to accusations if you have the proof.

Don't think that's the case, but well, just in case.

• Cool 1

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
17 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

When you take a screenshot its name in the file is a timestamp.

29 minutes ago, Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin said:

I mean the file name has the date and time in it, and the properties tab of the screen shot show when it was created and if it was modified so it is time tamped basically. but i have like 1400~~ days of premium time and I've never noticed it drop fast., then  again i always end up with more because bundles lol

But you can change that by just changing the file name.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles

Interesting. I wish I'd thought to keep screen caps previously. I seem to have lost about 70 days of premium along the way somewhere, too.

• Cool 1

[ARP]
[ARP]
Members
997 posts
18,118 battles
1 hour ago, driedjello said:

For about a week they screwed up and didn't subtract any days. I saw the same thing, but I was aware that my premium had "frozen" and was too high in number until they corrected it.

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Beta Testers
536 posts
8,906 battles

you can timestamp things by changing the screen to windowed so you can see the time and date on your computer 

• Cool 3

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,771 battles

Premium time is not on a North America clock.  

What I mean by that is that you will notice your time tick down a day in the middle of our day.

For example:  if you screenshot your premium time at 7 AM and then again at 7 PM ... on the same day....you will notice a day’s difference.

• Cool 1

[ANK-A]
Members
437 posts
13,392 battles

Message to the group.  I was extremely stupid and mislabeled my screenshot.  Everything is okay and my time in decrementing accurately.  Sorry for the drama.   

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles

One, your premium time starts when you buy/earn it, so it won't count down a day at server reset.

Two, you can see your premium time from your profile on the WoWs page. I'll keep a running tab as I'm curious now.

Spoiler

eDWNm6a.jpg

7ftwoQL.jpg

Edited by Kizarvexis

[ANK-A]
Members
437 posts
13,392 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

One, your premium time starts when you buy/earn it, so it won't count down a day at server reset.

Two, you can see your premium time from your profile on the WoWs page. I'll keep a running tab as I'm curious now.

Reveal hidden contents

eDWNm6a.jpg

I bet you're okay.  I must be suffering from a brain aneurysm, I meant to name the file for the current date but mistakenly put 5-10 on it.  When the WG staff insisted that my time was decrementing properly, I looked at the metadata of my file and I created it on 5-5.  Well I am super embarrassed and it's a life lesson for me to spend a few extra minutes to double check before airing my stupidity in public.  :fish_palm:

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
2 minutes ago, driedjello said:

I bet you're okay.  I must be suffering from a brain aneurysm, I meant to name the file for the current date but mistakenly put 5-10 on it.  When the WG staff insisted that my time was decrementing properly, I looked at the metadata of my file and I created it on 5-5.  Well I am super embarrassed and it's a life lesson for me to spend a few extra minutes to double check before airing my stupidity in public.  :fish_palm:

Hey, you are heads and shoulders above a lot of people for owning up to a mistake. It did seem at times that my time jumped, but I figured I was just thinking that the last time I checked was closer than I thought. It won't hurt to play with a couple of days to satisfy my curiosity. 

• Cool 2

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles
25 minutes ago, driedjello said:

Hey driedjello,

Good to hear that everything worked out. Glad to see you got it figured out!

Enjoy the high seas!

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
6,123 posts
22,432 battles
9 hours ago, Sabene said:

Premium time is not on a North America clock.  

What I mean by that is that you will notice your time tick down a day in the middle of our day.

For example:  if you screenshot your premium time at 7 AM and then again at 7 PM ... on the same day....you will notice a day’s difference.

4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Just getting these 2 comments together to clarify for Sabine.

To clarify...the actual time is the time you activate it...as some earned premium time may be stored up & activated at your leisure (fairly new option...didn't use to work this way) it doesn't actually activate when you earn it but when you choose to activate it.

Example: If you purchase/activate it at 3:43 PM (arbitrary time as an example) it will either end if it's the last day or change at 3:43 PM until that block of premium runs out completely...then the new time that you activate the next premium time will be the new time it will end/change the day.

Note: Premium time counter "freezes" after each battle. Example: If you finish a battle w/58 minutes premium time left (again an arbitrary number) & walk away from your computer for 1 1/2 hours...when you come back it will still say you have 58 minutes left even though your time has run out. This is an annoyance I have pointed out before but has yet to be changed despite it being fairly easy to do & the correct thing to do considering it is usually paid for w/real world money. People w/days of it left will seldom notice this but those that only have less than a days worth left can be fooled into thinking they have more than they do if they go AFK for awhile.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,148 battles

Do you have the Wargaming premium time or the WoWs specific premium time?

Do you play World of Tanks and World of Warships together?  On the same day?  If so, that is how your premium time is "vanishing".  If you log into both games, like, where you can look at your vehicles and such, you'll have a day of premium time deducted.

[LOU1]
Members
4,157 posts
11,965 battles
5 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Do you have the Wargaming premium time or the WoWs specific premium time?

Do you play World of Tanks and World of Warships together?  On the same day?  If so, that is how your premium time is "vanishing".  If you log into both games, like, where you can look at your vehicles and such, you'll have a day of premium time deducted.

Actually, premium time runs whether or not you log in.

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
520 posts
18,193 battles
5 hours ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I suppose you could grab a newspaper and take a literal screen shot with the paper using your phone. :Smile-_tongue:

What is this newspaper thing you are talking about?  I don't think I have seen one.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
6,123 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Actually, premium time runs whether or not you log in.

As of just recently there is one exception...the daily shipments (those things that occasionally run for 14 days & there's 10 days worth of prizes you can collect) premium day giveaways (if you don't collect them right away) don't activate until you log in (unless you are still on when containers/ship daily XP bonuses reset...that is the time they automatically activate if you are logged in).

If you don't collect them & log out before the reset they stay inactive until you log in...but once you do & they activate...they...like all other premium time...does continue running whether you are logged in or not. (Damn...that got confusing the way it's worded...hopefully you were able to follow that as I'm too tired to figure out how to word it more clearly).

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,254 battles

OP is an optimist.  Thinking that the game is going to be here AND he is still going to enjoy playing it in 999 days.  Also loose enough with his money that he buys premium a couple years in advance but still enough of a penny pincher that he watches it like a hawk.  

Don't ever change OP - we love you just the way you are!

This for you OP:  good for conspiracy theories and brain aneurysms...

tin-foil-hat_2000x.jpg.8f923f5eaecaee16ecf2314386ba01b8.jpg