Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Folded_1000_Times

How much would you pay to not play against a CV in Randoms or Ranked?

29 comments in this topic

[RBMK]
Members
1,140 posts
6,653 battles

I can fight and win against CV's but the amount of effort is too much and the fun is in the negatives doing so.

I'd glady drop $100.00-$200.00 USD for a no CV option. Just so that i would enjoy the game again as a DD only player. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by DFAA_DDs_Only
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

[55UP]
Members
406 posts
2,847 battles
2 minutes ago, DFAA_DDs_Only said:

I can fight and win against CV's but the amount of effort is too much and the fun is in the negatives doing so.

I'd glady drop $100.00-$200.00 USD for a no CV option. 

Thoughts? 

You could play tier 1 and tier 2. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RBMK]
Members
1,140 posts
6,653 battles
24 minutes ago, FineousFingers said:

You could play tier 1 and tier 2. 

Why when i only play 8-10? And WG likes money, so why not a one time offer in the premium shop for it? 

If i play tier 1-2 ill probably contribute to driving away new players more than low tier CVs do slightly higher up. 

Edited by DFAA_DDs_Only
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,570 posts
11,192 battles

I would pay 100 dollars for just one month of no CV threads .

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,075 posts
36,089 battles
11 minutes ago, DFAA_DDs_Only said:

I'd glady drop $100.00-$200.00 USD for a no CV option. Just so that i would enjoy the game again as a DD only player. 

Thoughts? 

Ditto. Give us a NO CV mode, please. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles

Since I rarely play anymore, mostly due to burn out, but partly due to being tired of CV shenanigans, yeah, I'd fork over some cash, but only for a permanent 'no cv' button option.

[O_O]
Members
6,454 posts
15,361 battles

I don't find that CV's are ruining the game for me.  My Shimakaze got nuked by a CV this morning, but that was one game.  I am being attacked pretty regularly, but I just don't find it to be game breaking.  I must be weird. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[RBMK]
Members
1,140 posts
6,653 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

I don't find that CV's are ruining the game for me.  My Shimakaze got nuked by a CV this morning, but that was one game.  I am being attacked pretty regularly, but I just don't find it to be game breaking.  I must be weird. :Smile_hiding:

It is too rng to say its game breaking.

But i can say for a fact its not fun to play against them in a DD. 

Members
3,761 posts
23,371 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Yep I agree so I must be weird too

Members
3,761 posts
23,371 battles
1 minute ago, DFAA_DDs_Only said:

It is too rng to say its game breaking.

But i can say for a fact its not fun to play against them in a DD. 

That's because you never experienced what is was like with two CVs in game in after the game came out of closed beta.  It was harder to play DD then when fighters could keep you perma spotted all match unless you went into smoke.

[RBMK]
Members
1,140 posts
6,653 battles
Just now, 1SneakyDevil said:

That's because you never experienced what is was like with two CVs in game in after the game came out of closed beta.  It was harder to play DD then when fighters could keep you perma spotted all match unless you went into smoke.

I was here during the RTS era. If the enemy cv wanted you dead youre dead. His spotting was immense, damage, etc.

But, it was balanced by a low player count. 

Now, its the same thing as far as spotting. Strikes are dodge able, but sometimes its RNG even if you dodge correctly. I usually get focused. No, its not a case of im rushing in, or playing stupid either. 

Members
6,621 posts
20,679 battles

the reality is that we need MM at the QB spot.

We should have never changed the CV mode, just made sure the CV's weren't god mode vs toad mode. We have hit a point where we are past the point of no return......and contributors tell us to hang on as change is coming, ...when, why, what and how? 

[RBMK]
Members
1,140 posts
6,653 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

the reality is that we need MM at the QB spot.

We should have never changed the CV mode, just made sure the CV's weren't god mode vs toad mode. We have hit a point where we are past the point of no return......and contributors tell us to hang on as change is coming, ...when, why, what and how? 

I used to believe the CCs, but after the blatant supporting of the cv rework even when it wasn't ready instantly turned me off. 

Only one ill watch now, if i have too, is flamu

• Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,679 battles
Just now, DFAA_DDs_Only said:

I used to believe the CCs, but after the blatant supporting of the cv rework even when it wasn't ready instantly turned me off. 

Only one ill watch now, if i have too, is flamu

never believe one that is compensated by the thing he (or she) critiques or represents.

[RBMK]
Members
1,140 posts
6,653 battles
9 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

XtPtezB.png

I exclusively run f3 shima, focused on guns. 

I dont have trouble contributing or doing damage, or making plays in a tier 10 CV game. 

Its just not fun doing so, and takes triple the effort to maintain PR/ and Damage than before. 

Edited by DFAA_DDs_Only

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
813 posts
6,570 battles
23 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I would pay 100 dollars for just one month of no CV threads .

I see your bet and raise to $200.  Just a day or two would be nice lol

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,381 posts
20,051 battles

at this point I don't know if I throw any more money at this game

In I'm sitting at like 500 days of premium so I have a few more days to weather the storm,  see what happens 

Edited by silverdahc

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,386 posts
9,798 battles

Everything in my left pocket.  And yes, it is indeed empty.

As a consumer, I will not pay on principle just to have an experience that doesn't bend me over in a situation that already likes to due to my own team thanks :Smile_veryhappy:

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,957 battles

Not a dime because I like CVs. But I’d pay for a no radar mode when I’m playing DDs if we are fantasizing :p

Edited by Shinzon1

[D33P6]
Members
563 posts
8 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

You're not weird.  I don't find CV's ruining the gameplay for me.  I spend time playing all the ships classes.  I took an bigger interest in the CV rework and enjoy it.  The time playing CV's allowed me to learn what the best course of action is when being focused by a CV.

I do on occasion get those games where I get nuked by a CV which is only like 1 game in 15, not that very common. 

As much as people hate Midways DB's, I personally worry more about the AP bombers.

I like and enjoy the rework.  It's better than being dev strike in less than minute in the old RTS style where you really didn't have much of a fighting chance.

• Cool 1