Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Prkl8r

What do you do in this situation?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
648 posts
1,849 battles

You're playing a tier 8 CV and you load in to an enemy team consisting of:

Minotaur, Seattle, N. Carolina, Salem, Worcester, Hindenburg, Yamato to name the main AA ships. All spread evenly throughout the map with no ship being separated. I was basically just trying to spot for my team and do chip damage but I was basically just not able to do any damage at all until the very end of the game when our team was so far ahead that it didn't matter at all.

Was this just a case of Teir X games in a tier 8 sads or? was there something I could have done? if I was in a Tier X CV would this have been a non-issue? 

Just curious what other people's opinions are on this type of situation, even though I know most people will just say "good get out of this game."

Also because I know somebody is going to call me a dirty CV main, I'm a BB/CL main that is just trying CV's because the rework looked interesting.

• Meh 1

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

What I have done in my Saipan is to harass the lonely ships (usually DDs at the start of the game). You can still land torpedoes and drop bombs in AA; you have to get over the idea of doing more than one run with that squad. Even if you are not doing damage, spotting key ships can help your team win. The win should come above all else. That is my philosophy when it comes to WOWS. 

Beta Testers
648 posts
1,849 battles
1 minute ago, 10T0nHammer said:

What I have done in my Saipan is to harass the lonely ships (usually DDs at the start of the game). You can still land torpedoes and drop bombs in AA; you have to get over the idea of doing more than one run with that squad. Even if you are not doing damage, spotting key ships can help your team win. The win should come above all else. That is my philosophy when it comes to WOWS. 

Yeah that's what I was trying to do. The problem is I'm playing an RN CV so my aircraft reload time is atrocious. So if I lose any planes in a pass I'm probably not going to be able to use that same type of squadron again for a bit.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

Spot, harass the DDs a bit. Early on it can be nice to force them to waste a smoke in the back. Practice your slingshot drops on the cruisers, particularly if you have AP bombs. Mino, DM, and Worcester are all really vulnerable to them.

Edited by pewpewpew42

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,587 posts
15,730 battles

I don't have the T8 RN CV. I do have the T6 RN CV. Is the service and repair time that noticeable? I could get it now but waiting.

When in the Lexington and in a T10 match with strong AA suites spread evenly. I do the same thing you did. Just try to help the team with fwd spotting. Try not to get wiped, I know easier said than done with some AA cruisers having good air to sea concealment values. Well within their AA range. At that level even good AA DD's can shred your squad before you even realize where they are at. Just spot the best you can, provide eyes for your BB's and open water CA's. They can start to soften them up. Yes you'll probably have to wait a bit before attacking. Once they have had some of their AA knocked out. They are more approachable.

Also remember to keep a eye on the mini map. Don't let a DD sneak up and take you out of the game early.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

Beta Testers
648 posts
1,849 battles
21 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I don't have the T8 RN CV. I do have the T6 RN CV. Is the service and repair time that noticeable? I could get it now but waiting.

When in the Lexington and in a T10 match with strong AA suites spread evenly. I do the same thing you did. Just try to help the team with fwd spotting. Try not to get wiped, I know easier said than done with some AA cruisers having good air to sea concealment values. Well within their AA range. At that level even good AA DD's can shred your squad before you even realize where they are at. Just spot the best you can, provide eyes for your BB's and open water CA's. They can start to soften them up. Yes you'll probably have to wait a bit before attacking. Once they have had some of their AA knocked out. They are more approachable.

Also remember to keep a eye on the mini map. Don't let a DD sneak up and take you out of the game early.

It's hard for me to say being that I haven't gotten far in any of the other CV trees but feels very slow.

Sign in to follow this