Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Switching from Modstation to Aslains

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,542
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles
Just now, CaptainTeddybear said:

Are there any special steps you need to take to switch? I would like to remove the rust on my premium camos.

It should be noted, Modstation mods are the only mod checked by WoWS Developers to not clash with the game client and cause issues. 

If you wish to switch over, please be aware of that fact.

Fem,  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
560
[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,727 battles

I would go through Mod Station first and do an uninstall of those mods, before you install Aslains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,319
[WOOK3]
Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles
55 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

It should be noted, Modstation mods are the only mod checked by WoWS Developers to not clash with the game client and cause issues. 

If you wish to switch over, please be aware of that fact.

Fem,  

Support doesn't treat them differently.  Mods have to be gone before you get any help.

 

OP, clean out the res_mods folder and the mods are gone, ready for a clean install

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,921
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,118 posts
19,210 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Are there any special steps you need to take to switch? I would like to remove the rust on my premium camos.

I have heard players say they got into trouble using Aslains mods, so I would be careful. It's why I run virgin install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
34 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I have heard players say they got into trouble using Aslains mods, so I would be careful. It's why I run virgin install.

 

You've heard them say that, but nobody has ever been able to substantiate it, and there are thousands of people out there every day using it with zero problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,921
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,118 posts
19,210 battles
53 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

You've heard them say that, but nobody has ever been able to substantiate it, and there are thousands of people out there every day using it with zero problems.

You are certainly able to believe, and do, whatever you want. I have read posts in the Forum where players state all they have used are Aslains mods and have has issues with accusations of cheating hacks. But you can certainly do whatever you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You are certainly able to believe, and do, whatever you want. I have read posts in the Forum where players state all they have used are Aslains mods and have has issues with accusations of cheating hacks. But you can certainly do whatever you want.

 

I'd be a lot more willing to believe those people over my own experience, and the experience of thousands of other people, and the fact that multiple representatives of WG have said on multiple occasions that Aslain's is G2G... if those people claiming Aslain's got them banned were willing to post some log files and some diagnostic reports. It's funny how they never seem to want to do that. It's almost as if they're worried there's something in them that will give them away, but they just don't know quite what it might be and how to edit it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,921
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,118 posts
19,210 battles
17 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I'd be a lot more willing to believe those people over my own experience, and the experience of thousands of other people, and the fact that multiple representatives of WG have said on multiple occasions that Aslain's is G2G... if those people claiming Aslain's got them banned were willing to post some log files and some diagnostic reports. It's funny how they never seem to want to do that. It's almost as if they're worried there's something in them that will give them away, but they just don't know quite what it might be and how to edit it out.

That would be something done through a support ticket, and not posted in the Forum. But, hey, don't get mad at me; I won't be the one to ban you nor am I the one who said the mods were OK; I'm just the guy who posted that others have had issues and you should do whatever you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

That would be something done through a support ticket, and not posted in the Forum. But, hey, don't get mad at me; I won't be the one to ban you nor am I the one who said the mods were OK; I'm just the guy who posted that others have had issues and you should do whatever you want.

 

Hint: this isn't the only forum where people talk about WoWs and try to figure out solutions for problems for things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×