You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Quincy71_GWP

Montpelier and Wichita Radar Nerf

11 comments in this topic

[TF-62]
Members
123 posts
31,401 battles

To get this straight... WG advertised (as I recall) the Montpelier to have a 10 km radar in exchange for a slower reload. Cleveland is 6.5 sec reload and Montpelier is 7.0 sec. By taking away the 10km radar, now it is nothing more than a nerfed premium Cleveland. Wichita, by my recollection, was also advertised as 10km radar range and now WG is nerfing it too. I am not the least bit pleased with this.

Edited by Gunslinger_97
formating
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,089 battles

Please see:

This was an error on our part and appropriate course of action for affected captains has been offered.

As per Wichita, she was always meant to have a 9km Radar as noted in her release article found:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/history/museum-wichita/ 

Fem, 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[TF-62]
Members
123 posts
31,401 battles

Was it not sold and advertised with 10km radar? Why the nerf of the Montpelier's reload? Why is this premium ship of a lesser standard than the tech tree ship without gaining a separate advantage. Using Hipper and Prinz Eugen or KGV and DoY as a few fine examples. The Montpelier is literally a less capable Cleveland that was sold for real money. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,330 posts
20,013 battles
Just now, Gunslinger_97 said:

Was it not sold and advertised with 10km radar? Why the nerf of the Montpelier's reload? Why is this premium ship of a lesser standard than the tech tree ship without gaining a separate advantage. Using Hipper and Prinz Eugen or KGV and DoY as a few fine examples. The Montpelier is literally a less capable Cleveland that was sold for real money. 

Yep

• Boring 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles
11 minutes ago, Gunslinger_97 said:

WG advertised (as I recall) the Montpelier to have a 10 km radar in exchange for a slower reload.

14 minutes ago, Gunslinger_97 said:

Was it not sold and advertised with 10km radar? Why the nerf of the Montpelier's reload? Why is this premium ship of a lesser standard than the tech tree ship without gaining a separate advantage.

Montpelier was introduced as a Cleveland with a .5s slower reload and a .15 higher sigma value, as well as some more hp.

image.thumb.png.30291997c86951a6be957f0762ca82af.png

At the marked time you can see that the radar only has 9km range, so she also had a 9km radar during testing.

17 minutes ago, Gunslinger_97 said:

Wichita, by my recollection, was also advertised as 10km radar range and now WG is nerfing it too.

Wichita was released with a 9km radar. In fact people were complaining that Wichita's radar was (and still is) worse than Baltimore's.

Link to a review on Wichita which shows both her state at release and on page 2 people clearly stating that Baltimore's radar is superior.

• Cool 6

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
19 minutes ago, Gunslinger_97 said:

Then don't buy it. By the way if you bothered looking it up it's more accurate than Cleveland less shells out more shells on.

• Meh 3

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,449 battles

They will always nerf American ships, they do not want to go to Siberia. If they have to nerf a ship then it was probably so much better than other due to our American technology that they so desperately tried to  steal. I was in a game with Cleveland a ship was a aa monster, got taken out by three groups of planes only downing 4. They nerfed enterprise to having level 7 aircraft. They will not give American ships repair which being retired USN I know what we could do. we drilled 4-6 hours a day at sea for damage control. Being American ships you get a penalty for being better and they cannot allow this to be known like I said Siberia is a cold place

• Cool 4
  • Meh 3

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,148 battles
7 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

They will always nerf American ships, they do not want to go to Siberia. If they have to nerf a ship then it was probably so much better than other due to our American technology that they so desperately tried to  steal. I was in a game with Cleveland a ship was a aa monster, got taken out by three groups of planes only downing 4. They nerfed enterprise to having level 7 aircraft. They will not give American ships repair which being retired USN I know what we could do. we drilled 4-6 hours a day at sea for damage control. Being American ships you get a penalty for being better and they cannot allow this to be known like I said Siberia is a cold place

In this particular case, they did not nerf them.  There was an error in the promotional matierals, as outlined by Femennenly above.  And someone else posted proof that both ships were tested and released with 9km radar.

Secondly, American ships do quite well in the game.  Goto ships in clan battles?  All American.  At all tiers, there are a number of American ships which are borderline OP or at least best in tier.  Clemson.  Nicholas.  Farragut.  New Mexico.  Arizona.  Sims.  Helena.  Cleveland. North Carolina.  Massachusetts.  Iowa.  Fletcher.  Montana.  Gearing.  Des Moines.  All solid ships.  Get off with your 'Russian bias' accusation, man.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

They will always nerf American ships, they do not want to go to Siberia.

Hence why USN BBs had their citadels lowered, recently received improved rudder shift and heals, and had some individual buffs (like NY getting a faster reload and Iowa getting 32mm bulges).

This also explains why Gearing recently received Fletcher‘s torpedo option for more flexibility. The nerfs never end...

They will not give American ships repair which being retired USN I know what we could do. we drilled 4-6 hours a day at sea for damage control.

Hence why USN BBs have the longest duration for their damage control. 

Being American ships you get a penalty for being better and they cannot allow this to be known like I said Siberia is a cold place

Would be a shame if ships like Des Moines, Worcester, Montana or Gearing would be go-to options in Clan Battles. Would be a reeeeal shame...

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,883 posts
11,568 battles

They will always nerf American ships

you misspelled Carriers and Japanese DDs there

• Funny 1

[TIRP]
Members
216 posts
11,781 battles

hey will always nerf American ships, they do not want to go to Siberia. If they have to nerf a ship then it was probably so much better than other due to our American technology that they so desperately tried to  steal. I was in a game with Cleveland a ship was a aa monster, got taken out by three groups of planes only downing 4. They nerfed enterprise to having level 7 aircraft. They will not give American ships repair which being retired USN I know what we could do. we drilled 4-6 hours a day at sea for damage control. Being American ships you get a penalty for being better and they cannot allow this to be known like I said Siberia is a cold place

Bringing the new Cold War to bear in a discussion of perceived nerfs to ships is a bit over the top....particularly given that the US ships of all classes are pretty good and show up regularly in clan battles. And most of the Russian ships I have played require alot of attention to positioning (i.e. Budyonny) and/or a challenging play style (i.e. Russian destroyers).

What caught my eye was the better sigma on the new premiums.  My only question is the better sigma enough of a help on a ship (e.g. Cleveland) that I am normally  firing sky high arced shells from to spend money on for its premium sister ship?  Given that it is a tier 8 ship which means, in my case, that I am always uptiered to Tier X..probably not.