Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

CV Economy

14 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,854 posts
24,547 battles

I remember reading about how the old CV's had a hard time making credits. Well, from what I see with the new ones the same issue applies. They don't seem to earn as well as the other 3 classes for the same damage done and the ammo part of the service fee (does this count plane losses?) seems exceptionally high. 

I am not very good at them and only play Co-op so I know that works against me but to do 80K damage, a kill, couple Defend ribbons, etc... in any other ship (talking T8 tech tree at this point) would be a small profit. Even with perma camo and flags I seem to lose credits a lot (10-40K).

Is it just because I suck and don't do enough or is the economy different for CV's still?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[MALD]
Members
1,729 posts
13,387 battles

The rework CV credit issue has been brought up several times and WG has stated it is working as intended. Whether we like it or not, it is just the way it is...

[PVE]
Members
11,854 posts
24,547 battles
10 minutes ago, JustAdapt said:

The rework CV credit issue has been brought up several times and WG has stated it is working as intended. Whether we like it or not, it is just the way it is...

Thanks.

Just had a game where I placed 3rd on the winning team and lost credits (5K). It is insane.

Beta Testers
63 posts
9,731 battles

WG considers the DC and the Fighter consumable to be premium and thus you pay more for them, planes are ammo and do cost more.  Making credits above tier 6 is hard.  Tier 8 premiums can make good credits though due to their reduced repair cost.  For tier 10, you need premium time, camo and some flags to consistently earn credits.  Such is life.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
18,329 battles

I got 3 premium cv.

I never gain as much( silver and XP) as a premium DD same tier, same damage

If you end in tier 10 match you loose a lot of planes....they costs.

This in coop. In pvp do not know.

Edited by Mikebello

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles
33 minutes ago, JustAdapt said:

I seem to remember WG would worry about the economics after they had the ships themselves balanced.

[PVE]
Members
11,854 posts
24,547 battles
7 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I seem to remember WG would worry about the economics after they had the ships themselves balanced.

So never :Smile_hiding:

[BONKS]
Members
64 posts
18,838 battles

Enterprise with only the regular credit flags earns me around 1mil-1.2mil on average per game. Missouri levels of credit income. Might be bugged idk \o/.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,728 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So never :Smile_hiding:

Might be on to something.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,118 posts
19,213 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just had a game where I placed 3rd on the winning team and lost credits (5K). It is insane.

In Co-op? Totally possible.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

80K damage

While I'm sure you're aware, it does matter what you hurt for that 80k. If that was just BBs, that's not even a single ship's worth of health at the upper end.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,118 posts
19,213 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

In a BB, Cruiser, or DD that is + credits for sure.

Not necessarily, and certainly not without some signal flags at tier 8 with a "meh" game. Just because you were third doesn't mean you did anything.

[PVE]
Members
11,854 posts
24,547 battles
2 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

While I'm sure you're aware, it does matter what you hurt for that 80k. If that was just BBs, that's not even a single ship's worth of health at the upper end.

Yes I know

Sign in to follow this