You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Hey Sub_Octvain

20 comments in this topic

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,598 battles

Hey Sub_Octvian,

welcome back back to the Na Region just wanted to ask some questions here.

when is the next rebalance of the IJN battleships?

when is Ise class coming to the game?

what can you tease us for world of warships future for lines or new features/game modes? 

How is the Cv rework going internally ?

What do you plan on doing for the Summer in World of warships?

thanks and everyone feel free to add in your questions here as @Sub_Octavian is supposed to be showing up sometime this week to the NA office.

thanks,

Landedkiller

• Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Members
3,727 posts
5 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Hey Sub_Octvian,

welcome back back to the Na Region just wanted to ask some questions here.

when is the next rebalance of the IJN battleships?

when is Ise class coming to the game?

what can you tease us for world of warships future for lines or new features/game modes? 

How is the Cv rework going internally ?

What do you plan on doing for the Summer in World of warships?

thanks and everyone feel free to add in your questions here as @Sub_Octavian is supposed to be showing up sometime this week to the NA office.

thanks,

Landedkiller

I think IJN are in fairly good shape except for their AA. They all need much better AA, especially the Kii. The Kii is pretty meh except for it is supposed to have amazing AA. However it turns out its AA is also meh. Basically a one trick pony that can't do it's one trick.

Are there going to be IJN special captains soon?

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

@Sub_Octavian Not to rain on anyone's parade. The CV rework is garbage. You would have been better off by making a few adjustments to the pre 8.0 CV system. An unhappy, wallet closed customer.

One squadron in the air at a time is ludicrous.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 10

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,142 battles

Heyo Captains,

8 hours ago, landedkiller said:

While we appreciate the enthusiasm, we ask that you do not start informal AMAs. We will see what we can do about an opportunity for players to ask questions to Sub but this is not the right way to go about it.

Regarding your current questions:

8 hours ago, landedkiller said:

1- whens the next rebalance of the IJN battleships?

2- when is Ise class coming to the game?

3- what can you tease us for world of warships future for lines or new features/game modes? 

4- How is the Cv rework going internally ?

5- What do you plan on doing for the Summer in World of warships?

1- We consistently monitor balance within the game and performance of ship nations and classes. When we notice there are lines/ships under-performing in comparison to others of same tier/type we do dive into them and determine if there is ground to address the ships in question. We do not share these investigations/plans ahead of time, when we decide to address a ship you will hear about officially in the Dev blog that can be found in a variety of places including here on the forums.

2/3/5- As per standard course, we tend not to like to tease/leak upcoming content, regardless of whether its ships, line, or modes, ahead of its upcoming release. There is many reasons for this, primarily, avoiding disappointment. If we announce X feature coming, and then have to consequently delay it for a technical reason it would lead to disappointment within the community. We can assure you we have a load of great content scheduled for the remainder of the year, into next, and beyond. This includes new ships, modes and features that we believe players will enjoy.

5- As per Sub in his reddit post before he took vacation: 

"In the very near future we are going to make an update on current CV changes and tweaks. Some of you thought we went silent, but that's due to several things being prepared actively. We are determined to address a lot of concerns, and are not going to relax." - Sub_Octavian (source)

Again, we will look for an opportunity for players to submit Qs for Sub, and thank you for your enthusiasm.

Fem, 

• Cool 3

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

I'm sorry you have to deal with getting pinged for so many pointless things.

This.

The pinging of WarGaming employees is pathetic around here. Most people don't have have a clue what these people do. 

I see the forum mods getting pinged about game issues and devs getting pinged to lock threads. It's ridiculous. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
864 posts
9 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

While we appreciate the enthusiasm, we ask that you do not start informal AMAs. We will see what we can do about an opportunity for players to ask questions to Sub but this is not the right way to go about it.

Regarding your current questions:

1- We consistently monitor balance within the game and performance of ship nations and classes. When we notice there are lines/ships under-performing in comparison to others of same tier/type we do dive into them and determine if there is ground to address the ships in question. We do not share these investigations/plans ahead of time, when we decide to address a ship you will hear about officially in the Dev blog that can be found in a variety of places including here on the forums.

2/3/5- As per standard course, we tend not to like to tease/leak upcoming content, regardless of whether its ships, line, or modes, ahead of its upcoming release. There is many reasons for this, primarily, avoiding disappointment. If we announce X feature coming, and then have to consequently delay it for a technical reason it would lead to disappointment within the community. We can assure you we have a load of great content scheduled for the remainder of the year, into next, and beyond. This includes new ships, modes and features that we believe players will enjoy.

5- As per Sub in his reddit post before he took vacation: 

"In the very near future we are going to make an update on current CV changes and tweaks. Some of you thought we went silent, but that's due to several things being prepared actively. We are determined to address a lot of concerns, and are not going to relax." - Sub_Octavian (source)

Again, we will look for an opportunity for players to submit Qs for Sub, and thank you for your enthusiasm.

Fem, 

In another words .

• Cool 1

0 posts
10 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Most people don't have have a clue what these people do. 

Some of these people are not clear about what they do, or exactly what their role is. This confusion is not the fault of those looking for answers.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,197 battles
9 hours ago, BlueByYou said:

will you be assigning someone to introduce Sub_Octavian to real Texas Barbecue (especially the brisqet), and Double Double burgers from In and Out Burgers, or will you be personally be taking care of that?

The brisket is a capital idea - there's some great places in Austin.  But you can do so much better than In and Out - why take him to a La-La Land chain burger place?  Even Whataburger would be better - at least that's a Texas place.  

• Cool 1

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
4 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

The brisket is a capital idea - there's some great places in Austin.  But you can do so much better than In and Out - why take him to a La-La Land chain burger place?  Even Whataburger would be better - at least that's a Texas place.  

There is enough outstanding food in Austinish area to never touch fast food. And yeah even west coasters like me recognize how ungood in and out burgers is. Its comical people like that place, but hey I like real food 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,197 battles
2 hours ago, Pytheas said:

There is enough outstanding food in Austinish area to never touch fast food. And yeah even west coasters like me recognize how ungood in and out burgers is. Its comical people like that place, but hey I like real food 

I'm sure that's true - every college town has a couple of amazing burger places.  I'm just not sure what qualifies in Austin.  

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles

@Femennenly

So I hear you guys are going to chaperone @Sub_Octavian in the Austin TX area...  If I may suggest a few food spots.

Franklin's BBQ (you have to be there at 5 AM but its to die for).

FOGO de Cao

Rainey St Food Truck Lot (good Mexican food sold there)

Salt Lick BBQ (Its in Driftwood not Austin but man it wont disappoint).

Banger's Sausage House & Beer Garden.

I hope this helps my lady

BTW you can watch this youtube video on it... Caution its in Spanish... Ask @sea_you for the translation.

• Cool 1

-Members-
497 posts
1,123 battles

Don't forget Estancia Steakhouse :) It is another Brazilian Steakhouse, like Fogo de Chão. 

Fogo de Chão is amazing in Brazil, but the one in Austin is not so good. I prefer Estancia :)

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,598 battles

I like to keep it simple Five Guy’s and bacon Swiss and mushroom burger with fries. I like the new direction this thread is going.