You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gyphon_GF

Monty you and I have issues

12 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
448 posts
19,395 battles

I'm a dd main but have been doing what I can in classes other than CV.

People always rave about the guns on Monty and perhaps one day I'll use them as well as everyone else seems to. Till then I will just keep banging my head against the wall doing what I can.

This is my best damage match to date. I know I made mistakes in a lot of areas but I'm trying and always open to suggestions. Feel free to offer such and thanks

*Salute*

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

At 0:55 I felt that you should have taken the shot, if perhaps staggered to try and hedge your bets. Early game damage on a DD gets big returns later on.

At 3:36 I felt that you should have taken the shot. It wasn't ideal, but it wasn't bad, either.

At 11:18 I felt that you should have adjusted your aim a little. You aimed as if they hadn't begun turning, and it probably cost you that kill, as I feel you could have gotten it with your last two guns, assuming RNG was with you rather than against you.

With the Yamato, I felt you could have perhaps swapped to HE and tried for a fire, as you do have enough guns to make it work. It's moments like that that make me keep super expert loader slotted, as it's just nice for the rare times you need it, and easily worth the point.

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
33 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

It's moments like that that make me keep super expert loader slotted, as it's just nice for the rare times you need it, and easily worth the point.

Incidentally, I've been solidly in the "Fire whatever's loaded" camp until I played Nagato. Now, I'm less certain.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
4 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

Incidentally, I've been solidly in the "Fire whatever's loaded" camp until I played Nagato. Now, I'm less certain.

I'm in the same camp, really. But when you have a swap of 7.5s on a 30s reload gun, well... swapping is actually an option, and a pretty good one those few times you need it.

Edit: And, when you are about to round a corner, 7.5s is much easier to swallow if you feel swapping might be a good idea.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles

I've been dealing massive damage with her lately, however, I've stopped winning, I think I'm 0 for my last 8 in her. It gives me a sad.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
22 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I've been dealing massive damage with her lately, however, I've stopped winning, I think I'm 0 for my last 8 in her. It gives me a sad.

Hang in there! My recent stats have been similar in my CVs, and I find that breaks help. Switch things up and play something else.

Me, I went Musashi to shake things up and see just how bad CVs can be from a low AA perspective!

And somehow got 15 plane kills!

I'm not even sure when, as no CVs really poked me. I think I accidentally dodged the Kaga due to ramming an island at one point, however!

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,612 posts
14,665 battles

Just back into fights ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

Nice DS at ~8:00

Edited by pikohan
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,405 battles
On 5/13/2019 at 11:55 PM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Mm has been an absolute joke lately.   Complete blowouts,  no close games at all.  Not fun on either side.

• Cool 1

[187]
Members
1,629 posts
11,745 battles

Shoot those DD's when you had em in ur sights broadside like that first minute in...chip shot those suckers your shots could have helped kill that thing quicker. Do you have the fighter plane consumable loaded?....ditch that for spotter plane and use it and see how much higher your score will get or at the very least rain down an occasional bad day on someone....she's deadly close in bro but the stakes are indeed high.

• Cool 1

-Members-
272 posts
3,291 battles

Great game @Gyphon_GF , 

Well played and thank you for sharing. I am at the USS North Carolina in the tech tree and was not overly anxious to keep climbing, but I may grind it now. You have piqued my interest.

Thanks for the video. :Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
448 posts
19,395 battles
1 minute ago, BTed72 said:

Thanks for the video.

You are quite welcome sir.

I ran into you in a match not so long ago... I remember. 

Check out my youtube...I have tons of vids and more going up all the time and always available. I'm a disabled Navy vet so I sit here and constantly play..lol

*Salute*

• Cool 3

[DFNT]
Members
189 posts
4,737 battles
On 5/14/2019 at 2:55 AM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Same here. The wins have been few and far between. The past few days have been a train wreck in my BBs.