Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

Neustrashimy - my regret - is she worth it?

37 comments in this topic

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
22,749 battles

I am a rare player who got the Neustrashimy.  I do not play clan battles so it was a LOT to purchase her for me. I passed on the Stalingrad because it didn't interest me.  I like DDs.   I get asked all the time is Neustrashimy worth it?  My answer is easily NO.

She is good at nothing.   She has a terrible turn you will eat torps all the time.   Her 10km torps are often throw away because 10km can't hit much when you are always in tier X games trying to stay away from radar.  Her super heal is fun.   But in the end all you are doing is a sponge.   Almost any other DD will outgun you.  I had a Yugumo pound me into the bottom of the sea with her guns.   Not joking.    I will say her AA is pretty solid but when CVs always focus DDs it loses its fun.    I can't stop saying that.   CVs non stop spotting you is boring as hell. 

I put 76 games in her so I feel confident in talking about her.  She is NOT worth the steel.    Honestly if she can get 12km torps she would feel far better.   I would also make her guns more accurate since they are so slow and well you have 4 barrels.  You are always out gunned. 

I only continue to play her because I spent hard earned steel on her and I regret it.  the "big damage" numbers are mostly due to a YOLO torp.    It is rather rare to get good torping in a game.   10km is dangerous zone to play in so you have to  YOLO to get some big numbers.    To compare my Udaloi is a far better choice and my PR in her is much higher.    I want to love her.  I really do.   But she is running her course for me.

image.thumb.png.ebc3d0ca2b1868c4d7c997f4a407aeb6.png

• Cool 10
  • Meh 1

[M_S]
Members
415 posts
4,324 battles
43 minutes ago, LGBTQ_DatingApp said:

should have had 12km torps and 90 sec base reload on the tubes without the zombie heal.

to make it interesting imo

French torps, but long-ranged. I suppose. That would balance Neustrashimy's low gun DPM

Edited by tyinnow

[CK5]
Members
1,374 posts
14,368 battles

OP, I appreciate your comments. There will be plenty of other players who will probably thank you as a result.  

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,730 posts
6,996 battles

dodged a bullet here too.she was in my mind for some time but now i see that she is not worth the time.

[SALVO]
Members
24,844 posts
25,932 battles
53 minutes ago, LGBTQ_DatingApp said:

should have had 12km torps and 90 sec base reload on the tubes without the zombie heal.

to make it interesting imo

The problem I see with giving her 12km torps is that no other Russian DD has 12 km torps, particularly nominally torpedo-ish boat DDs like the Ognevoi and Grozovoi.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, deresistance said:

I am a rare player who got the Neustrashimy.  I do not play clan battles so it was a LOT to purchase her for me. I passed on the Stalingrad because it didn't interest me.  I like DDs.   I get asked all the time is Neustrashimy worth it?  My answer is easily NO.

She is good at nothing.   She has a terrible turn you will eat torps all the time.   Her 10km torps are often throw away because 10km can't hit much when you are always in tier X games trying to stay away from radar.  Her super heal is fun.   But in the end all you are doing is a sponge.   Almost any other DD will outgun you.  I had a Yugumo pound me into the bottom of the sea with her guns.   Not joking.    I will say her AA is pretty solid but when CVs always focus DDs it loses its fun.    I can't stop saying that.   CVs non stop spotting you is boring as hell. 

I put 76 games in her so I feel confident in talking about her.  She is NOT worth the steel.    Honestly if she can get 12km torps she would feel far better.   I would also make her guns more accurate since they are so slow and well you have 4 barrels.  You are always out gunned. 

I only continue to play her because I spent hard earned steel on her and I regret it.  the "big damage" numbers are mostly due to a YOLO torp.    It is rather rare to get good torping in a game.   10km is dangerous zone to play in so you have to  YOLO to get some big numbers.    To compare my Udaloi is a far better choice and my PR in her is much higher.    I want to love her.  I really do.   But she is running her course for me.

Thank you for your service.

[B_Y_F]
Members
528 posts
13,336 battles

Thank you for the review.

lucky to me that WG over price Neustrashimy so I don't have enough steel to get it and now probably never.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
1 hour ago, deresistance said:

To compare my Udaloi is a far better choice and my PR in her is much higher.

You realise PR is calculated against the average of that particular ship right?

rudd9.thumb.JPG.62f8ebe62f745c8b3a80fd5aa58159f0.JPG

Until more people play more games in it to bring those stats down, you're going to have a hard time getting a better PR in Neustrashimy than Udaloi and Tashkent no matter how much better you do in it.

And you are in fact doing better in your Neustrashimy than you have in your Udaloi.

Members
1,724 posts
11,215 battles

I found the ognevoi at tier 8 to be a very very meh experience and that was before it got a heal.  Fire power was horrible.  Not only because it had 4 guns with meh angles, and with a meh fire rate.  It's accuracy was just horrid.  Good aim just wasn't rewarding with it.  It's 2x3 torp set up was meme worthy.   I can see why people didn't want to play this ship, and even the Udaloi before.  Both were ehhhh until they got a heal.    Then WG released this ship, which is basically that with slightly better stats and a better heal.   This ship from what i seen only excels at one thing, and that is winning drawn out fights over several minutes.   Go in, dish out some damage, pull back and heal.   Rinse and repeat. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
3 hours ago, deresistance said:

She is NOT worth the steel.    

Considering how rare steel is you should request a refund. Simply too much of a commitment if the ship is trash.

[-VT-]
Members
711 posts
32,875 battles

62% win rate

1500 personal rating

60k average damage

1+ frags per game

This is a trash ship, OP ?   Sure looks like you do rather well in her.

Me, I bought the Neus as well.  Bought her after talking to a couple of super testers about her.  I have not been disappointed...and my stats in her are worse than OP’s.  And, yes, I am a DD main.

~ Sab

[NFJF]
Members
654 posts
9,903 battles
1 hour ago, Nagato_Kai__Ni said:

Thank god i bought Black instead of Neust

She is a fun boat to play, frankly though I kinda wish I hadn't gotten her just to try and get an "edge" last ranked. Now I would've just kept the steel and would've had enough for a stalin instead.

[ONE38]
Members
3,781 posts
12,832 battles

I saw one running in the wild back when it was in testing; haven't seen even one since.

I wonder exactly how many the've sold/issued so far but, if this game were to hypothetically last 20 years, I estimate Neustrashimy would become among the rarest of rare oddity collector items.

Edited by MrKilmister

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,914 battles
5 hours ago, deresistance said:

Also appreciate your comments,

I just hope you used a coupon because they jacked up the price so aggressively on you … 

Bad Dog WG … BAD DOG!  … Leaving messes everywhere and biting people in the @%$ !

Edited by Commander_367

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,043 battles

Neustrashimy is balanced, it's just not fun to play since its gimmick is to be able to take a lot of damage. Works well to annoy BBs and bait destroyers into your team, but not much else and pretty pathetic damagewise. I think in T9 ranked it would be a pretty good shop to have since it can trade blows vs almost all other ships. Works really well to spot destroyers for your team and capture points with not much risk since you have the repair party. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,059 posts
16,833 battles
8 hours ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

I found the ognevoi at tier 8 to be a very very meh experience and that was before it got a heal.  Fire power was horrible.  Not only because it had 4 guns with meh angles, and with a meh fire rate.  It's accuracy was just horrid.  Good aim just wasn't rewarding with it.  It's 2x3 torp set up was meme worthy.   I can see why people didn't want to play this ship, and even the Udaloi before.  Both were ehhhh until they got a heal.    Then WG released this ship, which is basically that with slightly better stats and a better heal.   This ship from what i seen only excels at one thing, and that is winning drawn out fights over several minutes.   Go in, dish out some damage, pull back and heal.   Rinse and repeat. 

Sounds a bit like Kidd play.  <pun was unintended until I reread it.  Now it's intended.)

Members
95 posts
403 battles
10 hours ago, Crucis said:

The problem I see with giving her 12km torps is that no other Russian DD has 12 km torps, particularly nominally torpedo-ish boat DDs like the Ognevoi and Grozovoi.

Why should it be similar to the tech tree ones? give it a different "flavour" to make the boat more appealing.

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles
12 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

Considering how rare steel is you should request a refund. Simply too much of a commitment if the ship is trash.

They won't let you have a refund if you've already played a ship more than one battle.

Edited by Ace_04

[KIA]
Members
241 posts
12,607 battles
11 hours ago, grumpymunky said:

You realise PR is calculated against the average of that particular ship right?

rudd9.thumb.JPG.62f8ebe62f745c8b3a80fd5aa58159f0.JPG

Until more people play more games in it to bring those stats down, you're going to have a hard time getting a better PR in Neustrashimy than Udaloi and Tashkent no matter how much better you do in it.

And you are in fact doing better in your Neustrashimy than you have in your Udaloi.

Ding ding.  Thank you for bringing some reality into the conversation.  PR is such a garbage statistic for this reason (and since it's about 99% focused on pure damage as opposed to other more useful metrics, imo)

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,348 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

They won't let you have a refund if you've already played a ship more than 3 battles.

I thought it was no refund if you had used her at all. Or have they softened on this recently?

Sign in to follow this