You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Found out how to get decent damage in the Graf Zeppelin

11 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Members
6,943 posts
13,489 battles

Yes, there a trick to getting great damage numbers in the Graf Zeppelin... 

I think I'm getting this perfected.

05_13_19_Graf Zeppelin_A.jpg

05_13_19_Graf Zeppelin_D.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,390 posts
14,152 battles

In a mostly tier 10 match ramming is almost the only way for a tier 8 CV to do damage.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,390 posts
14,152 battles
9 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Not enough secondary battery hits

It is hard to get secondary hits when you are charging in like an ancient ship of war.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,943 posts
13,489 battles
20 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Not enough secondary battery hits

There could be 10,000 secondary hits...   same result as shown above...   ZERO DAMAGE.  The GZ is so badly nerfed..  I was launching planes to escape my CV right before the collision..  (like so many sci-fi situations). 

Call me 'Chicken of the Sea' as I was abandoning my ship.  This is really cool to do that.

My planes didn't get far as most burst into flames upon leaving the flight deck.

The fact I didn't sink it by ramming but flooded it (secondaries helped by lighting fires and put the Monty's repair in cool-down)..  means it's full AA shredded my planes that close before it sunk.

20190513_175506_PGSA518-Graf-Zeppelin_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,029 posts
12,710 battles
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

There could be 10,000 secondary hits...   same result as shown above...   ZERO DAMAGE.  The GZ is so badly nerfed..  I was launching planes to escape my CV right before the collision..  (like so many sci-fi situations). 

Call me 'Chicken of the Sea' as I was abandoning my ship.  This is really cool to do that.

My planes didn't get far as most burst into flames upon leaving the flight deck.

The fact I didn't sink it by ramming but flooded it (secondaries helped by lighting fires and put the Monty's repair in cool-down)..  means it's full AA shredded my planes that close before it sunk.

20190513_175506_PGSA518-Graf-Zeppelin_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

i've had a lot of fun with mine, doing things normal CV's shouldn't be doing.

https://youtu.be/u65zXh-hxmY?list=PLYHrjVWWo0mX3KWZ6V4RegfNMJR9Nvx8I&t=906

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,431 posts
6,475 battles

I like her....  Still only a few games, but time in training room really taught me some stuff about it that makes it very different than any of the other CVs.      Good games with her you should have some CITs from your AP.. I really have  to target specific parts of ships with those. Its the only CV squad I play where I specifically target cruisers.. Its speed really gets it in and out of AA fast.  I do much better targeting with AP bombs attacking the ship from its sides.. not bow/stern.    Aim for guns front and rear..  I find the AP DBs to be the most accurate  of any of the DBs I play....   Highlight so far was a detonation of a full HP Hipper 2  mins into a match with those AP DBs..... Oh the salty goodness...  A couple of secondary Close quarter achievements on frisky DDs for the giggles as well...     So far I'm really enjoying it,  though I haven't really buried myself into playing it a lot yet as I am grinding captains for US & IJN CVs.           

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,943 posts
13,489 battles
3 hours ago, RA6E_ said:

I like her....  Still only a few games, but time in training room really taught me some stuff about it that makes it very different than any of the other CVs.      Good games with her you should have some CITs from your AP.. I really have  to target specific parts of ships with those. Its the only CV squad I play where I specifically target cruisers.. Its speed really gets it in and out of AA fast.  I do much better targeting with AP bombs attacking the ship from its sides.. not bow/stern.    Aim for guns front and rear..  I find the AP DBs to be the most accurate  of any of the DBs I play....   Highlight so far was a detonation of a full HP Hipper 2  mins into a match with those AP DBs..... Oh the salty goodness...  A couple of secondary Close quarter achievements on frisky DDs for the giggles as well...     So far I'm really enjoying it,  though I haven't really buried myself into playing it a lot yet as I am grinding captains for US & IJN CVs.           

I took all the T8 carriers into the training room to see what difference IFHE makes on gun battles..  Here's the Graf Zeppelin at 3KM against an unarmed stationary Montana...   IFHE makes a Big Difference here.

05_13_19_Graf Zeppelin_Second_Monty.jpg

05_13_19_Graf Zeppelin_Second_IFHE_Monty.jpg

[TF16B]
Modder
647 posts
798 battles

Any suggestions on what height or distance to my target should I be dropping bombs? Last few games I played last night, I noticed more often than not, my bombs over pen. I started to wonder if I'm waiting too long to drop them or something.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,021 posts
5,668 battles

Poor GZ, one of my biggest purchase regrets.   Its totally unplayable.

[POP]
Members
1,080 posts
9,338 battles
On 5/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, BrushWolf said:

In a mostly tier 10 match ramming is almost the only way for a tier 8 CV to do damage.

Not really, if I get an enemy team full of BB's that spread out, sail in straight lines or sit still i can pull 150k pretty easily.   Problem is farming damage on BB's often times is not what win games, killing cruisers and DD's early is.