You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Swivet

OKHOTNIK

32 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
30 posts
2,370 battles
1 minute ago, Gyphon_GF said:

Totally different...The Kami is a stealth torp ship with great guns (slow rate of fire and slow traverse but hit really hard)

The Okhotnik is just a beast with the guns....with all those torps on it for giggles pretty much. Yes I've sunk people with them but it's all about the guns.

Cool! Thank you very much Gyphon!

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
230 posts
15,181 battles
31 minutes ago, Swivet said:

Thank you very much Gyphon!

Not a problem..

Ever have any questions just shoot me a msg on here or in the game. I'm not the best player and may not have an answer but I'll do what I can.

*Salute* 

Members
5,097 posts
60 battles
53 minutes ago, Swivet said:

Interesting info, thanks for sharing Xero Snake. :)

The destroyer leader/flotilla leader terminology was evolved from four sources:

• France: Contre-Torpilleurs (Torpedo cruiser)
  • Italy: Espolatori (Scout cruiser)
  • Russia: Minniy Kreyser (Mini-cruiser, but still defined as torpedo cruiser)
  • UK: Super Destroyer

The Russian Empire had other few more modern torpedo cruiser classes - Ukraina, Finn, Vsadnik & Lieutenant Shestakov. Unfortunately, these were much less capable than their modern DDs of their times based on the likes of Novik-series, such as Derzki, Izyaslav & Fidonisiy. They were ultimately a large torpedo boats.

This Okhotnik was, without a doubt, based on the Novik-series, but upscaled to with more armaments with its project's aim to redefine the concept of torpedo cruiser, just like how the Italians did for their espolatori cruisers.

Edited by Xero_Snake

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,284 posts
11,287 battles
2 hours ago, Swivet said:

Thank you for the info. I tried to find the Gremyashchy in the ship tiers and the premium shop and I cannot find it. Is it a promotional/event prize ship like the Kamikaze?

The Gremyashchy aka Gremlin is only available from super containers and gift boxes.

[CO-OP]
Members
30 posts
2,370 battles
58 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The Gremyashchy aka Gremlin is only available from super containers and gift boxes.

OK, thanks for that info. But, shouldn't there at least be some info on the ship somewhere? Where do I find that? While the Kamikaze is a promo ship and not available to buy, it's still listed as one of the Japanese destroyers and I can read about them. I can't find the Grem anywhere. I'm probably not looking in the right place... :)