You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

PSA: The 15 random win mission is a priority over the ranked grind on the PT because that mission (eventually) results in a free T6 premium.

14 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,151 posts
22,432 battles

After grinding out 10 ranked battles I was wondering what was the point of the 15 random battle mission (because even though I initially read all the PT notes I didn't completely duplicate the mission).

So after going back & rereading the PT motes I realized that in order to get the free T6 premium ship you need to finish all 3 of the 15 random battle missions...so putting it off to concentrate on the ranked grind is a mistake (of course I guess that depends on if the signals you win for the ranked grind are more important to you than a free T6 premium or doubloon equivalent if you have all the T6 premiums).

As the mission in game on the PT doesn't clarify that it is a mandatory step for receiving the T6 premium this is just a reminder to those that may have also read it but not quite duplicated it & a clarifier for those that didn't read it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,426 posts
14,165 battles

What ranked grind on the PT? :Smile-_tongue: I ignored that but have to get to it tomorrow as I still need seven wins.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

What ranked grind on the PT? :Smile-_tongue: I ignored that but have to get to it tomorrow as I still need seven wins.

Unless you plan on getting those wins in the morning, best do them tonight. End: Mon. May 13 8:30 AM PT

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,426 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Unless you plan on getting those wins in the morning, best do them tonight. End: Mon. May 13 8:30 AM PT

Ah, crap, I thought I had until the Tuesday reset. I will give it a go but if the wins don't come quickly I will quit and no premium ship for me.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Ah, crap, I thought I had until the Tuesday reset. I will give it a go but if the wins don't come quickly I will quit and no premium ship for me.

Shouldn't be too bad to get 7, they go fast.

Good luck.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,426 posts
14,165 battles
13 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Shouldn't be too bad to get 7, they go fast.

Good luck.

Not the way they came over the last few days, two or three ugly and long losses for every win.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,426 posts
14,165 battles

Woot, I went 7 of 8 to finish.

Edit: I just realized it is 3:00AM. It is a good thing I am retired so do not have to get up in the morning. I actually enjoy getting up at the crack of noon. :Smile_izmena:

[PVE]
Members
6,151 posts
22,432 battles
53 minutes ago, War_Maggot said:

The T6 preemie is added to your regular account or PT account?

Regular account

3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The ranked battles don't count towards the premium ship...they are just good for 5 each of the 5 draconic flags...the mission to win 15 random battles is required to get the premium ship (there's a 15 random win mission for 8.4 & there will be 2 more...1 for 8.5 & 1 for 8.6...you need to finish all 3 to get the premium ship in a couple months).

The good news is that the 8.4 mission didn't need to be done by tonight but will also be available in part 2 of the 8.4 PT (as the ones for the 8.5 & 8.6 PT will also allow you to finish them over both parts). At least that's the way it "seems" to be worded in the update article.

[O_O]
Members
6,439 posts
15,335 battles

I totally missed that I could earn a premium ship by participating in the PT.  It has always been a few flags and a day of premium time, before...usually not worth the time investment.

Which premium ships can be earned?

*Edit - just read the article on the Portal.  Well, crap.  Phase 1 ended today, so too late for me.

Edited by desmo_2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,077 posts
14,307 battles
16 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Phase 1 ended today, so too late for me.

There is still phase 2, but you'll have to bust a gut to do it.

Lather, rinse, repeat for 0.8.5 and 0.8.6 PTS.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,077 posts
14,307 battles
2 hours ago, War_Maggot said:

The T6 preemie is added to your regular account or PT account?

Regular.

They randomly select a T6 premium from among those you don't have. If you have them all, it will randomly select one and give you full doubloon compensation.

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,910 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There is still phase 2, but you'll have to bust a gut to do it.

Lather, rinse, repeat for 0.8.5 and 0.8.6 PTS.

Any idea if our progress carries over between phases? I got 7 of 15 yesterday before real life called me back.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,077 posts
14,307 battles
7 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Any idea if our progress carries over between phases? I got 7 of 15 yesterday before real life called me back.

It should. The requirement is simply 15 wins in this PTS round, and says nothing about which phase you achieve it in. 

I should really put the live server aside for phase 2; I've got enough tokens for one camo and a bunch of crates, and while two would have been nice it should be interesting to see if I can get a couple of free unlocks again.