You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
derzwerge

Mission on DD: get 3 spotting ribbons....1 CV present.

8 comments in this topic

[ASHIP]
Members
172 posts
11,742 battles

For real, if you need help, ask for it. Still the game crashes from time to time, you can not even get missions straight, CVs rework still sucks, german BBs sucks compared to other nations(we can feel the resentfulness), you are [edited]up the entire comunity to please a single digit CV-lovers percentage, etc.  Again, you need help? ask for it or sell or hand over the game to yanks so we can enjoy it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,548 battles
18 minutes ago, derzwerge said:

For real, if you need help, ask for it. Still the game crashes from time to time, you can not even get missions straight, CVs rework still sucks, german BBs sucks compared to other nations(we can feel the resentfulness), you are [edited]up the entire comunity to please a single digit CV-lovers percentage, etc.  Again, you need help? ask for it or sell or hand over the game to yanks so we can enjoy it.

Have you tried asking? I know people make us look like we're the devil, but have you tried communicating with the CV and asking for him to spot the other side or hold for a few seconds?

Someone complained about it in a match today and I offered to not spot his side...guess what he did? He thanked...and spotted

BTW, my answer was for the title of the topic, not your random rant.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, ALROCHA said:

Have you tried asking? I know people make us look like we're the devil, but have you tried communicating with the CV and asking for him to spot the other side or hold for a few seconds?

Someone complained about it in a match today and I offered to not spot his side...guess what he did? He thanked...and spotted

This, while I usually just do a quick recon with maybe a rocket attack to start If you ask I can stay away or behind your location for awhile so you can get the spots. Having a plane near by will allow me to drop my fighter if they come after you and allow you to make a graceful exit. :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
1 hour ago, ALROCHA said:

I have found I don't have to ask! Most CV players will look to scout the map for the team and show how the enemy is placed.

They will then look to take their planes where they feel they can do most good - just like any other ship captain. If the CV decides to help me then great, if not I assume they have assessed their contribution is better used elsewhere.

Communication is one of the best tools in any conflict situation, I find most are happy to help a team mate. Although in the case of the CV, I feel some need to remember that, as fast as they are, since the re-work they really can't be in 2+ places at once.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Meh 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

You can say "hey CV, I have a spotting mission, can I spot 3 ships while you focus on the other side or hold back" -- it's just that simple.  If he refuses, well you have torps right?

Beta Testers
252 posts
3,562 battles

Lol. Had that mission last night in a DD.  Co-op, Twins map.  I spotted a cruiser and a BB but I sailed out to the far right, past the island, to come up behind (no smoke equipped).  Our cruiser went up that way, spotted the DD in the cap.  And that was the only three enemy ships on that side of the map.  And of course I didn't even know I had that mission until the end results.

Members
647 posts
72 battles
7 hours ago, derzwerge said:

Its like when you play the Conqueror and you get a mission to use any 5 consumables and you look down and have 4 heals and thats it (sure its doable with one repair as well, but its usually means you have to spam heals all day just to go thru them all).

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,425 posts

You can still get 3 spots in a game even with a CV - sometimes a CV finds a ship already solo and opts to just focus on that easy duck.