You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kyesac

Need some advice on Tier X Cruisers....

32 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
665 posts
18,984 battles

I got my two biggest Tier X 'wants' out of the way - Montana and Yamato, and want to work on getting my first Tier X Cruiser.

I have at least a Tier VI in France UK and Soviet, Tier 7 in Germany and Japan, and Tier 8 for US CL and Tier 9 for US CA.  I have been most impressed with the Zao, Hindenburg and Henri IV.

Recommendations?

I mostly play Coop.

Members
3,587 posts
13,004 battles

Probably want to check with the CoOp players. Bots behave in a particular manner. So theyd have the most experience on how to exploit that. 

Out of those 3, my guess would be the Zao/Hindy. But all 3 could work just fine, again as long as you know how the bot AI behaves. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,183 posts
19,043 battles

HIV and Hindenburg are probably going to be the most recommended, with Des Memes a good third option. Personally? I'd say go with Hindy, it's arguably the best all-rounder, and certainly one of the tankiest, when used right.

Get yourself a Hipper, upgrade it fully and play it a few times - that'll give you a good taste of what Hindy will be like. She's just a bigger, badder, more powerful Hippie but plays mostly the same.

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

You're going to consistently lose money playing T10 in coop unless you have both premium camo and premium time. 

Zao has good concealment, allowing the bots to spot and focus someone else before you open up.  And good torps, though the long range is less useful in coop since everyone charges in and you're as likely to hit a friend as a red. 

I don't care for the Mino but it's a good choice in coop since you can have smoke, and bots don't hide.  

DM has the high DPM to do well. 

Hindy solid choice.  I wouldn't think HIV would do well in coop given its terrible concealment, meaning you'll often get focused down first. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,678 posts
9,514 battles

Which of your current lines/ships do you enjoy playing? What's the point in pushing for a tier X if you're not going to have fun during the grind?

If you play mostly Coop, I've put up some ridiculous numbers slaughtering bots in my Salem, so perhaps grind though the Buffalo next. Or, if you have the coal, get Salem - I don't think it can lose credits in Coop even if you tried.

Edited by Nevermore135

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

I'm not really a cruiser player so when i got the Henri recently I went into CoOp for a couple of games just to get a feel since it has a more run and gun style than other cruisers that I've experienced.  In those 2 games i averaged 125k damage and 3 kills.  That was good enough for me and off to randoms i went.  It's a murder machine against bots.  In randoms Henri gets a lot of special attention - bots not so much it seems.  They just charge.  The 240mm guns with AP can citadel any cruiser you come up against if you get broadside and the torps are nasty if the bots yolo (they will).  If you have a captain with the skill for it i recommend IFHE.  

I don't have Zao or Hindy but i'm sure they have their strong points.  CoOp games seem to be quick paced so you need to look at killing things quickly and therefore alpha damage should be a consideration.  

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles

I don't play Co-Op, but I can say that Zao allows for surprisingly aggressive gameplay given her turtleback and 4×5 12km torpedoes.

[THOR]
Members
461 posts
6,086 battles

I dont play much coop but when I leave randoms I don't go without my Hindi. It tanks and I love to torp those bots.

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles
47 minutes ago, Lert said:

HIV and Hindenburg are probably going to be the most recommended, with Des Memes a good third option. Personally? I'd say go with Hindy, it's arguably the best all-rounder, and certainly one of the tankiest, when used right.

Get yourself a Hipper, upgrade it fully and play it a few times - that'll give you a good taste of what Hindy will be like. She's just a bigger, badder, more powerful Hippie but plays mostly the same.

Whats proper play? I'm absolutely struggling with the Hindy right now. I feel mostly like fodder since I have to hope that my BBs move up so I don't get immediately singled out. It is the same problem I am having with the Shchors.

Screenshot_2019-05-13 WoWS Stats Numbers NA - 10T0nHammer - Player info and stats.png

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,383 posts
9 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

I don't play Co-Op, but I can say that Zao allows for surprisingly aggressive gameplay given her turtleback and 4×5 12km torpedoes.

Yep, and that's why I love mine and regularly see success with her.  And her mobility is heavily understated when people talk about her for some reason.

[WOKOU]
Members
10 posts
3,445 battles

I would say mino for co-op.  Since the bots charge right in it's easy to take a route that gives you their broadside so you can blast away at citadels.  Torps for sneaky BB kills and plus having smoke to disengage if 3-4 bots target you.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,192 posts
14,348 battles
1 hour ago, kyesac said:

I got my two biggest Tier X 'wants' out of the way - Montana and Yamato, and want to work on getting my first Tier X Cruiser.

I have at least a Tier VI in France UK and Soviet, Tier 7 in Germany and Japan, and Tier 8 for US CL and Tier 9 for US CA.  I have been most impressed with the Zao, Hindenburg and Henri IV.

Recommendations?

I mostly play Coop.

Do you have premium time and can you afford Tier 10 permacamo?

If you can, you can play tech tree ships at T10 in co-op and then I direct you for advice to people who own the ships you are interested in.

If not, Salem (for coal, if you have enough) is your only real economical option. Her service costs are more in line with Tier 7 because she has a secret baked-in low-cost bonus. If you intend to try T10 Ranked or Clan battles alongside your co-op, she is both a viable choice and a workable, affordable choice. She will POSSIBLY save you having to get the Des Moines, and can take your Buffalo captain easily and maybe even your Cleveland captain as well, depending on his skill build.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles
1 hour ago, kyesac said:

I mostly play Coop.

This right here is what will factor the most into the playstyle.  Coop games are fast and furious, there is little room for kiting, sniping, and fire starting.  There is also no need for radar.  For coop I would recommend Hinden, your armor scheme will allow you to get in close for AP broadsides and torp volleys, so you can quickly dominate your flank of choice.

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
32 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Yep, and that's why I love mine and regularly see success with her.  And her mobility is heavily understated when people talk about her for some reason.

It is! I run a full mobility build (Propulsion 2, Steering 3, Unique Upgrade), and she shifts rudder faster than most DDs. It's awesome.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 hours ago, kyesac said:

Recommendations?

I mostly play Coop.

Henery is amazing case closed

[PVE]
Members
4,276 posts
18,685 battles
3 hours ago, kyesac said:

I mostly play Coop.

First off, you'll need the permanent camo to afford using them...  I know, I know, sigh........a rule of sorts.....

Then, since you are a PvE player:  any cruiser you want !!!  COOP is a user friendly mode where there are no tactics, no rules, other than if you see the Deceptacons, kill them; and, most importantly, we are a CFZ !!!  A Carrier-Free-Zone !!!  Woo-Hoo!

Any Tier X Cruiser will do !  We rarely lose a match; and, we adhere to a strict code of conduct:  have fun and screw the rules....  Yep, any Tier X Cruiser will do, you-betcha!

Any other questions>?  Didn't think so.............we'll see you out there ! And, remember, the Schwartz is with you in COOP ! 

Oh-Oh...........the Zao is one of the best Tier X Cruiser in the game...  Almost forget.

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,086 posts
23,857 battles
4 hours ago, kyesac said:

Recommendations?

I mostly play Coop.

For Co-op, the best Tier X Cruiser is Hindenburg, HANDS DOWN.

She's survives well in the brawly nature of Co-op.  This isn't like PVP where it's Stand Off Engagements 90% of the time.  Co-op, the bots charge you.  Use islands to cover your approach with Hindenburg and then burst out guns and torpedoes blazing.  It's very easy for her to rack up a lot of damage.  Most importantly, because of her protection scheme, she'll take a good number of BB AP shots and hold up the best out of all the Tier X Cruisers in these short ranged fights.  You literally try to play her like an Oversized German Berzerker Destroyer.

Let all the DMs, Salems, Worcesters, Minotaurs, Henris, etc. try to play cute and plink away at long range with their sh*tty little guns.  You come in with Hindenburg, take a bunch of punches to the chin, and let loose with the torpedoes.  The funny part is after it's all done, don't be surprised if you're still afloat.  But you rack up a lot of damage with TORPEDO hits at short range with very high hit%, as well as using your guns and landing Citadel strikes at close range.  All while the other ---- sitting in the back are going "OOOH!   I set a fire!11111" all while you laugh after landing tons of Torpedo and AP Citadel damage.

Hindenburg coming in for well executed close ranged fighting is ideal because you're looking to land massive damage in a short amount of time.  Co-op games take 3-5 minutes typically to complete.  You aren't getting sh*t by dinking with sh*tty little guns at long range landing a fire or two in 3-5 minutes.  You come in with torpedoes and get massive damage in a short amount of time like the Destroyers try to do.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
3,727 posts
7 hours ago, kyesac said:

Recommendations?

I mostly play Coop.

For Coop you definitely want a Cruiser with torps.

Hindenburg is the best choice due to the great firing angles of the torpedos and turtleback armor.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles

Hindenburg... accept no substitutes. It can kite, it can brawl, it can torp, it has acoustics... it can even slot dfaa if you want to jump onto the cv heavy meta of randoms... it is a ship you can rush a yamato in, kill the yammie, and remain afloat. 

Zao has god torps and HE but horrid firing angles for both... and turns like a brick... still mean in co op due to those ultra nasty 20x torps with absurd alpha. Ultimate kite god of randoms. Can also slot dfaa.

Mino is mino. The dpm is amazing. Torps, smoke, heals, acoustics, aa... just pray nothing returns fire.

All 3 need permacamo/premium to stay profitable though. Caveat emptor.

• Cool 1

Members
653 posts
72 battles
12 hours ago, kyesac said:

Recommendations?

I mostly play Coop.

All 3 are great but with different playstyles. I play them all and hands down Henri is best in dealing damage, Hinden is a pure tank and punisher, Zao is a long range firespammer with great consealment and great torps.

[NUWES]
Members
3,139 posts
10,767 battles

I would suggest Hindy for co-op. It's the most durable by far and it has no problem in close with BBs as is common in co-op. IT can use its torps there. DM works well too if you get to a good position where the bots can't easily focus you. Honestly, Henri and Zao won't do poorly but I think Hindy is better for Co-op. Mino works well because the bots really don't understand smoke screens. The only T10 I really wouldn't recommend in co-op is Worcester. It isn't a bad ship but it has no burst damage and its shells individually don't hit hard. Co-op is a damage race and Worcester needs time to stack its damage. 

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,742 battles

HIV is extremely OP....zao and hindi are both overshadowed by it. DM is a good pick if you understand how to switch ammo

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,742 battles
10 hours ago, Xanshin said:

Hindenburg... accept no substitutes. It can kite, it can brawl, it can torp, it has acoustics... it can even slot dfaa if you want to jump onto the cv heavy meta of randoms... it is a ship you can rush a yamato in, kill the yammie, and remain afloat. 

yeah but henri can do those things too. and it has MBRB and speed boost.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,192 posts
14,348 battles
1 hour ago, Tzarevitch said:

The only T10 I really wouldn't recommend in co-op is Worcester. It isn't a bad ship but it has no burst damage and its shells individually don't hit hard. Co-op is a damage race and Worcester needs time to stack its damage. 

It depends very much on what MM feeds you. I've been in co-op battles where the ship with the least and smallest number of guns was my Salem. OTOH if you get one that's full of thin-skinned T8 cruisers, the Worcester should do well. But that makes its own point; you want something that's reliable in any situation.