WuYixiang

You Know You're Suffering from Withdrawal when...

9 comments in this topic

[INR]
Members
1,200 posts
4,060 battles

So I'm on vacation until Memorial Day, and since I'm out of the country without a laptop, I don't have access to WoWs. So last night, I had a weird dream in which USS Massachusetts ended up in my port, which is weird for several reasons:

1. I don't play USN ships.

2. I tend to avoid secondary brawlers (prefer RN and IJN styles).

3. I don't plan on buying premium BBs (with the exception of HMS Nelson).

[NDA]
Supertester
5,123 posts
15,086 battles

Did you ever think there is a small part of your subconscious that knows something you don't?

Like maybe you would really enjoy playing secondary brawlers or the USN tree which has great Destroyers, Decent Battleships and so many awesome cruiser they had to give them two lines.

I'm no Psychologist but I can tell when someone has a hole in their port.

:cap_cool: 

• Funny 1

[INR]
Members
1,200 posts
4,060 battles
13 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Did you ever think there is a small part of your subconscious that knows something you don't?

Like maybe you would really enjoy playing secondary brawlers or the USN tree which has great Destroyers, Decent Battleships and so many awesome cruiser they had to give them two lines.

I'm no Psychologist but I can tell when someone has a hole in their port.

:cap_cool: 

Oh, believe me, I enjoyed brawling with Paris (not really with Alldestroyer) during Space Battles, but only when I was confident in the mitigating factor of the defenders' heal or the attackers' recall. Without those (during Rings of Saturn), I couldn't bring myself to play nearly so aggressively because I'd get focused down and have a free trip to port.

As for the USN, I've played through Farragut and some Mahan. I am not too impressed outside of Clemson.

Edited by WuYixiang

[BS]
Members
1,309 posts
7,435 battles
1 hour ago, WuYixiang said:

I don't play USN ships.

Have you recently been given something you didn't want by someone in ordinary life?

[INR]
Members
1,200 posts
4,060 battles
20 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Have you recently been given something you didn't want by someone in ordinary life?

Not as far as I can remember. LOL

[WOLFC]
Members
141 posts
3,623 battles

Nothing to be concerned about. It's just WG's new marketing strategy; so innovative it's almost a thousand years ahead of its time. :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,123 posts
15,086 battles
1 hour ago, WuYixiang said:

Oh, believe me, I enjoyed brawling with Paris (not really with Alldestroyer) during Space Battles, but only when I was confident in the mitigating factor of the defenders' heal or the attackers' recall. Without those (during Rings of Saturn), I couldn't bring myself to play nearly so aggressively because I'd get focused down and have a free trip to port.

As for the USN, I've played through Farragut and some Mahan. I am not too impressed outside of Clemson.

The true secondary brawlers are the German BBs. German Secondaries don't make themselves know until T7 but they really start kicking sterns at T8.5 and up. If you get the chance I Highly Recommend the Scharnhorst and Tirpitz for some of the funnest brawlers you can add to your port. Good armor, Secondaries and Torpedoes, truly a set of ships created by a mad genius. If you're brave enough to venture up the the German BB line the Grober Kurfurst is the King of Secondaries and a ton of fun. 

As for the USN line, the BB can be a bit underwhelming as they really only have their accurate guns and AA to distinguish them other lines. As for the Destroyers the Mahan is an acquired taste, I like the boat but must don't. But the Benson and Fletcher are well worth the Grind. Stand out USN Cruisers are the DesMoines, Cleveland and if you can get past the Seattle than the Worcester is one of the funnest Cruisers in the game. 

[INR]
Members
1,200 posts
4,060 battles
24 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

The true secondary brawlers are the German BBs. German Secondaries don't make themselves know until T7 but they really start kicking sterns at T8.5 and up. If you get the chance I Highly Recommend the Scharnhorst and Tirpitz for some of the funnest brawlers you can add to your port. Good armor, Secondaries and Torpedoes, truly a set of ships created by a mad genius. If you're brave enough to venture up the the German BB line the Grober Kurfurst is the King of Secondaries and a ton of fun. 

As for the USN line, the BB can be a bit underwhelming as they really only have their accurate guns and AA to distinguish them other lines. As for the Destroyers the Mahan is an acquired taste, I like the boat but must don't. But the Benson and Fletcher are well worth the Grind. Stand out USN Cruisers are the DesMoines, Cleveland and if you can get past the Seattle than the Worcester is one of the funnest Cruisers in the game. 

1.  I played Alldestroyer (Großer Kurfurst) during Space Battles and hated her. Paris (République) was a lot more fun. Unfortunately, I dislike the majority of French ships, so there's no way I'm grinding down that line.

2.  Not a fan of USN BBs in the slightest. I've seen videos, and I mean, I guess the AA is nice? But who plays a BB for AA?

3.  The only reason I even had Farragut and Mahan were for operations. If I wanted higher tier play, I'd stick with Akizuki, Kitakaze, and Harugumo. I might go for Daring, though.

4.  I can't stand USN CL/CA playstyles. I'm an open-water player, and I hate island camping. It's the main reason I sold Minotaur not once, but twice.

Edited by WuYixiang

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.