You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

I’m done playing DDs in co-op for a while.

94 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,391 battles

Now I know that karma means nothing. Regardless it’s irritating to lose karma when you are the high scorer in a DD, say nothing in chat and get reported.  When you look at the team score there were BBs that sat at the back of the map who were also random mains that were the low scorers. A good Co-op BB player is often the high scorer, but they don’t sit at the back, they push with you. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles

Karma means nothing but losing some bothers you so much you felt compelled to post about it.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,391 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Karma means nothing but losing some bothers you so much you felt compelled to post about it.

Yup. Just as you felt compelled to troll my post. 

• Funny 3

[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles

I can somewhat understand their frustration since Co-op is a race to farm the most damage, with point blank torps being an easy way.

Not much point in reporting someone for it though, especially since it has the same impact as a digital slap to the hand.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,187 posts
13,160 battles

DDs are probably the worst class to bring into co-op as they have low DPM and the entire meta there is brawling.

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,828 posts
25,898 battles
13 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

DDs are probably the worst class to bring into co-op as they have low DPM and the entire meta there is brawling.

I disagree.  Oh, IJN torp boat DDs don't do so well, but anything with decent guns can do well, particularly if you have smoke.  Just go near where you expect the bots to go, get off to the side so that you can get good torp shots, smoke up the instant you spot the enemy (if you outspot them, particularly), and then start firing away.  I tend to save my torps for ships larger than DDs, and trust that I can gun down the bot DDs while I'm hidden in smoke while they're just yolo-ing forward.

Playing DDs productively in coop is NOTHING like playing DDs well in Randoms.  Just learn to use and abuse the bot AI against them.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,375 posts
23,987 battles
4 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

To expand upon what @warheart1992 posted above you, DDs (when played intelligently) will top the leader board.  They have speed to get to the target, and alpha strike capabilities to sink nearly anything with two salvoes (often capable of doing so in one spread.)  So by the time that the BBs, and some cruisers get to the target to brawl, they find a sinking hulk.

Edited by HamptonRoads
Edit: Ninja'd by @Crucis

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts
45 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

Now I know that karma means nothing. Regardless it’s irritating to lose karma when you are the high scorer in a DD, say nothing in chat and get reported.  When you look at the team score there were BBs that sat at the back of the map who were also random mains that were the low scorers. A good Co-op BB player is often the high scorer, but they don’t sit at the back, they push with you. 

Well you can't expect the random BB baby to risk his mighty, invincible E-Peen by coming off the J-line now can you? He might take damage. You wouldn't want to see the tears of impotent rage dripping off his chins as he weeps over the inherent unfairness of other people outperforming him in every field of endeavor, as he seeks solace in the comforting embrace of his anime waifu pillowcase.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,175 battles
16 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Well you can't expect the random BB baby to risk his mighty, invincible E-Peen by coming off the J-line now can you? He might take damage. You wouldn't want to see the tears of impotent rage dripping off his chins as he weeps over the inherent unfairness of other people outperforming him in every field of endeavor, as he seeks solace in the comforting embrace of his anime waifu pillowcase.

As a bb main I take umbrage to this statement I see only 3 of 4 BBs on the J line in the back along with 3 CAs 1 DD and 2 CVs almost every game 

• Funny 1

[USCC]
Members
3,002 posts
13,776 battles
1 hour ago, gillhunter said:

Those BB's sitting in the back are Random players that quit Random due to CV's mostly, have pity on them, they don't have anywhere to play, and obviously don't understand how we play in PVE.

As a dd main myself, I too get the odd karma loss as being top the board often upsets some, not a lot but some, but to lose some, must mean you have been given some to lose, and that's all you need to remember.

Your actions have been appreciated in the past, and will again, keep playing DD, keep winning games, keep enjoying what YOU like. don't allow the Jealous down voting crybabies deter you.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,391 battles
5 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Those BB's sitting in the back are Random players that quit Random due to CV's mostly, have pity on them, they don't have anywhere to play, and obviously don't understand how we play in PVE.

As a dd main myself, I too get the odd karma loss as being top the board often upsets some, not a lot but some, but to lose some, must mean you have been given some to lose, and that's all you need to remember.

Your actions have been appreciated in the past, and will again, keep playing DD, keep winning games, keep enjoying what YOU like. don't allow the Jealous down voting crybabies deter you.

Thank you 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,663 battles

I dunno, I play all the surface classes in coop, and I don't feel like i get reported much if at all... 

Edited by pikohan

[CK5]
Members
1,374 posts
14,348 battles

Down votes in co-op are usually for incomprehensible reasons (or no reason), so getting them can be hard to predict.  I will get a couple of up votes over a week and then a down vote for doing exactly the same things.  Recently I had a personal mission of disabling six modules, in a battleship.  I knew AP wouldn't do it so I switched to HE for the first couple of salvos, made the goal and then switched back to AP.  Sure enough, someone didn't like a BB using HE and I got a down vote, even though I finished first on the team scoreboard.  Who knows?  

Members
3,585 posts
12,985 battles
4 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Who knows?  

I can only guess at this point. PVE players keep spreadsheets on players and track PVP vs PVE players.

How everyone on this forum seems to know who is a PVP player and who is PVE player is beyond me. I can barely tell the difference. I can tell a decent/good player from his actions in game, but that's about it.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,391 battles
55 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I can only guess at this point. PVE players keep spreadsheets on players and track PVP vs PVE players.

How everyone on this forum seems to know who is a PVP player and who is PVE player is beyond me. I can barely tell the difference. I can tell a decent/good player from his actions in game, but that's about it.

Easy, just look at the player profile after the match. If the player has 4000 randoms and 200 co-op they are a random main. No need for a spreadsheet. Lol

Edited by gillhunter
  • Cool 2

Members
3,585 posts
12,985 battles
1 minute ago, gillhunter said:

Easy, just look at the player profile after the match. If the player has 4000 randoms and 200 co-op they are a random main. No need for a spreadsheet. Lol

I see. I rarely do that. Unless they are doing something completely bizarre. Like the Minatour I watched who shot at the water the entire game.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,391 battles

I often look. I am always looking for good players for our clan, so when a player not in a clan does well I check them out. Conversely if someone teamkills or is abusive in chat for example I check them out also. 

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,537 battles
3 hours ago, gillhunter said:

I think the CV rework debacle has had wide reaching consequences beyond just CV's. People are so frustrated with everything about the game, because of the havoc the rebork has created, that they get upset over any little thing.

One of those side effects of the CV rebork is the flooding of DD players in large numbers, and smaller numbers of other classes,  from PVP into Co-op to escape CV's. The result is 3-4 DD's p/ game way too often and we all know that when you have 3-4 DD in a Co-op game, unless they are absolutely brain dead and ride on that special bus to school, they will jus steamroll ahead and sink everything before the rest of the players can blink. It has lead to a lot of frustration as it has been going on for months now.

So maybe what you are experiencing is backlash against the entire class of ships and players and not you personally. Like many CV players are facing. I mean I start a match and see 3-4 DD's now and my blood pressure instantly starts to rise and I start getting upset because I know the match will suck. I don't blame the DD player though and give them underserved negative karma. I know I am sick to death of it however and can see why it gets others upset. I am so sick of seeing DD's in Co-op right now I don't even play my own.

No excuse to do that to you though but it is what I expect is going on. Players are  just frustrated in general and they are frustrated that they left PVP to escape CV cancer only to run into DD cancer in Co-op. Again it's not the DD players fault but I can see the frustration people have with so many DD's flooding Co-op and making games a mess because I feel it too. IF you are in a game and do well in a DD for the foreseeable future expect it to aggravate a lot of people.

If WG would cap them at 2 max per game it would help a lot IMO.

You did nothing wrong; not attacking you. Trying to explain what I think is going on.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
291 posts
2,802 battles
3 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

To expound upon what @warheart1992 posted above you, DDs (when played intelligently) will top the leader board.  They have speed to get to the target, and alpha strike capabilities to sink nearly anything with two salvoes (often capable of doing so in one spread.)  So by the time that the BBs, and some cruisers get to the target to brawl, they find a sinking hulk.

This

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,391 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I think the CV rework debacle has had wide reaching consequences beyond just CV's. People are so frustrated with everything about the game, because of the havoc the rebork has created, that they get upset over any little thing.

One of those side effects of the CV rebork is the flooding of DD players in large numbers, and smaller numbers of other classes,  from PVP into Co-op to escape CV's. The result is 3-4 DD's p/ game way too often and we all know that when you have 3-4 DD in a Co-op game, unless they are absolutely brain dead and ride on that special bus to school, they will jus steamroll ahead and sink everything before the rest of the players can blink. It has lead to a lot of frustration as it has been going on for months now.

So maybe what you are experiencing is backlash against the entire class of ships and players and not you personally. Like many CV players are facing. I mean I start a match and see 3-4 DD's now and my blood pressure instantly starts to rise and I start getting upset because I know the match will suck. I don't blame the DD player though and give them underserved negative karma. I know I am sick to death of it however and can see why it gets others upset. I am so sick of seeing DD's in Co-op right now I don't even play my own.

No excuse to do that to you though but it is what I expect is going on. Players are  just frustrated in general and they are frustrated that they left PVP to escape CV cancer only to run into DD cancer in Co-op. Again it's not the DD players fault but I can see the frustration people have with so many DD's flooding Co-op and making games a mess because I feel it too. IF you are in a game and do well in a DD for the foreseeable future expect it to aggravate a lot of people.

You did nothing wrong; not attacking you. Trying to explain what I think is going on.

I think you are probably right. I’m just going to play cruisers for a while. I wish they would get the CV mess straightened out, but I’m not hopeful. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What I wonder is where will all these anti-CV DD players from the Random mode will go, when the bot controlled CV's finally make a return to the Coop mode. :Smile_smile:

Then again, it's not like I have any stake in what such people do or don't do, so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end, lol. :Smile_smile:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[-KIA-]
Members
5,187 posts
13,160 battles
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

I disagree.  Oh, IJN torp boat DDs don't do so well, but anything with decent guns can do well, particularly if you have smoke.  Just go near where you expect the bots to go, get off to the side so that you can get good torp shots, smoke up the instant you spot the enemy (if you outspot them, particularly), and then start firing away.  I tend to save my torps for ships larger than DDs, and trust that I can gun down the bot DDs while I'm hidden in smoke while they're just yolo-ing forward.

Playing DDs productively in coop is NOTHING like playing DDs well in Randoms.  Just learn to use and abuse the bot AI against them.

True enough, but their main element, which is spotting is neutered because brawling is the meta.  Yes you can use torpedoes, but from my experience the bots always seem to know when you launch torps.  Granted I haven't played DDs in co-op for like 2 years now, perhaps something has changed.

6 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

To expand upon what @warheart1992 posted above you, DDs (when played intelligently) will top the leader board.  They have speed to get to the target, and alpha strike capabilities to sink nearly anything with two salvoes (often capable of doing so in one spread.)  So by the time that the BBs, and some cruisers get to the target to brawl, they find a sinking hulk.

Oh definitely, but often times DD players in co-op are really aggressive and either torp everything in sight, which they become the top of the leaderboard, or they die because the bots dodge the torps and they get focused down due to bot AI.  Like I said above I haven't touched DDs in co-op for a while, so maybe something has changed.