Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Labedoyere

Asashio 16 km torps ?

11 comments in this topic

Members
178 posts
7,700 battles

I have seen somewhere that you can have 16 km torps instead of the 20 km ....Something that has to do with a Torp Acceleration option or mod....

If one can outfit this boat with 15 km torps....How do i do it.

Thank You

[-KIA-]
Members
5,177 posts
11,709 battles

If you slap torpedo acceleration onto Asashio you get 5 extra knots in exchange for 4 km less range.

IMO it's worth the loss of range.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,938 posts
18,324 battles

Reading has become so totally OP that it just had to be nerfed.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Members
4,199 posts
9,493 battles

I use nothing but on the Asashio. 16 km is enough range to surprise with, and the torp speed seals  the deal.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
913 posts
10,549 battles

I still use the stock 20km torps. It's amazing how many hits you get on boats that aren't even spotted.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,492 posts
11,965 battles

Back when I first got the Shimakaze, it was too easy to get in trouble with the 20km torps, so 16km and faster was a better choice. because the F3's were too short. The 12km torps were added later to fill that need, and you don't need TA on her anymore.

I see the same thing with the Asashio,  20km torps can get way across the map, and can spend a lot of time in the water for friendlies that are in another time zone to find them. 16km, fast torps go plenty far enough, finish their runs much faster, so they spend less time on the map for a friendly to find.

Members
357 posts

Running the TA skill on Asashio is one of the best bets, in my opinion. With every cruiser and their mother running hydro these days, shorter ranged and much faster torpedoes are certainly a must when it comes to nuking battleships to oblivion. Also, you can add the new Torpedo module and boost the speed even further, up to 75 knots, and give them literally the stupidest reaction time possible, at just 4.6 seconds

Fun and engaging, amirite )))

:SerB:

[SWEDE]
[SWEDE]
Members
35 posts
3,858 battles
On 5/13/2019 at 3:37 AM, _greifer said:

I still use the stock 20km torps. It's amazing how many hits you get on boats that aren't even spotted.

Same for me have had some amazing hits over 16km that you did not expect. Really enjoying this destroyer. Had an amazing game last night when i sunk two Thunderer from over 12-15 km range.....they were not happy :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this