You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Just got all 3 t10 cv and there kinda mehhh. Anyone else having this Experance?

29 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
2,959 posts

T6 and 8 are fantastic even in an up tier game (+1 tier). Ranger is the best cv in the game, till the nerf coming but will have to wait and see.

Lex, Sipan, Shok and the British all feel powerful. Get the Midway it has t5 torps. Bombs are great but thats changing.

British the torps, you get 3 but you have to hit three for the same damage as t8. Bombs feel about the same.

Hak well the planes dont live long enough to find out.

All other t10 ships are huge improvement over the t9 but T6 and 8 cv seem to be the best place.

Anyone getting the mehhh from t10 cv?

Edited by lochlan_
grammars

[INTEL]
Members
7,311 posts
31,981 battles

"there experance" (sic) is highly OP in the right hands.

When you can blap a DD in he first minute with two rockets passes with no counter whatsoever, that's OP. No idea what else you are talking about.

Edited by alexf24

[POP]
Members
552 posts
6,402 battles

The Midway feels strong when I play it however I have a much higher win rate and average damage in my Sapian.  My only guess is I am playing my Midway too conservatively like you have to play the Saipan.

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
24 posts
2,321 battles

I got my first detonation on a DD with rocket planes, but said DD was not attempting to doge or anything just going in a straight line really slow like a bot almost. But then he decided to rage in the chat for getting detonation and not dodging which is really easy to do from my experiences as a DD user. The tier 10 CV's are pretty much meh except for the Midway but with the announced "improvements" which are actually NERFS gotta have more CV NERFS, it will soon join the land of meh.

[WOLF4]
Members
143 posts

Anyone saying they are OP is lying. The data does not show this. 

I know a lot of you are being dishonest because you want to destroy CVs. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
552 posts
6,402 battles
34 minutes ago, Masingi said:

CV's have a unique and effective way of punishing inept players.  Against those players they appear OP.  To everyone else they are average at best.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
118 posts
14,331 battles
55 minutes ago, Masingi said:

in the rights hands they can be extremely overpowered but like all ships, it comes to who controls them.

[PEEDZ]
Members
61 posts
14,580 battles

I’m a CV player and in my opinion all three T10 CVs are overpowered in the right hands (most ships follow this trend, but the difference is very noticeable in CVs). The reason why average server stats are rather low is because the skill gap is very wide. And the lower end drags down the average stats considerably.

[SOV]
Members
2,959 posts
5 hours ago, Addison_Wang said:

I’m a CV player and in my opinion all three T10 CVs are overpowered in the right hands (most ships follow this trend, but the difference is very noticeable in CVs). The reason why average server stats are rather low is because the skill gap is very wide. And the lower end drags down the average stats considerably.

my question was about the power level. Kts dust a feeling and my experience no stats. T8 feels more powerful than t10. British yes I get 3 torp but I meed all tree to land for same damage.

Midway has t5 torps you get y but you need them all to hit. Hak well I cant get into a ship to find out.

I jave never been crazy about t10 the mps are all the same and same ships but seems like alot more work for the same result.

Thanks for the inisite.

[SOV]
Members
2,959 posts
13 hours ago, Kephess said:

I got my first detonation on a DD with rocket planes, but said DD was not attempting to doge or anything just going in a straight line really slow like a bot almost. But then he decided to rage in the chat for getting detonation and not dodging which is really easy to do from my experiences as a DD user. The tier 10 CV's are pretty much meh except for the Midway but with the announced "improvements" which are actually NERFS gotta have more CV NERFS, it will soon join the land of meh.

Love people do that. I had a Belfast rage at me when I never even flew over him during the match. He died to gunfire but.......somehow my foult.

[SOV]
Members
2,959 posts
19 hours ago, alexf24 said:

When you can blap a DD in he first minute with two rockets passes with no counter whatsoever, that's OP. No idea what else you are talking about.

You are a DD player who wants to perma spot everything and have no counter at all. So your opinion is suspect.

[INTEL]
Members
7,311 posts
31,981 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

You are a DD player who wants to perma spot everything and have no counter at all. So your opinion is suspect.

No counter? Radar, sonar, other DDs, spotter planes, CV fighters dropped on your head or on a cap...

What are you talking about?

[PEEDZ]
Members
61 posts
14,580 battles
12 hours ago, jags_domain said:

my question was about the power level. Kts dust a feeling and my experience no stats. T8 feels more powerful than t10. British yes I get 3 torp but I meed all tree to land for same damage.

Midway has t5 torps you get y but you need them all to hit. Hak well I cant get into a ship to find out.

I jave never been crazy about t10 the mps are all the same and same ships but seems like alot more work for the same result.

Thanks for the inisite.

The main thing that changes is the longevity of planes. The HP pools on each respective plane type increases for each nation which means you can get more attacks off. The Haku gets much better pen on the APDBs so you can score 3 cit runs consistently, plus the torps are a lot more tanky. Midway gets three more tiny tims per attack run. Audacious gets more bombs and more rockets. Overall each t10 is a direct upgrade. 

[SOV]
Members
2,959 posts
1 hour ago, Addison_Wang said:

The main thing that changes is the longevity of planes. The HP pools on each respective plane type increases for each nation which means you can get more attacks off. The Haku gets much better pen on the APDBs so you can score 3 cit runs consistently, plus the torps are a lot more tanky. Midway gets three more tiny tims per attack run. Audacious gets more bombs and more rockets. Overall each t10 is a direct upgrade. 

I have always been torp focused and t8 torps seem to have more power per torp. I did not realise about the Tiny Tims. I have played so much Sipan and I have gotten good with them. BYW do you notice that Sipan planes seem to have a shorter life span than Midway when there the same plane?

I am relearning IJN AP drops and trying to keep them alive.  The AP seem very good if you can get the cit.

I will have to spend time in the training room to practice even thought its not nearly RL enough.

PS when you are talking about t20 planes are you talking about the stock planes or the upgrade planes?

[PEEDZ]
Members
61 posts
14,580 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I have always been torp focused and t8 torps seem to have more power per torp. I did not realise about the Tiny Tims. I have played so much Sipan and I have gotten good with them. BYW do you notice that Sipan planes seem to have a shorter life span than Midway when there the same plane?

I am relearning IJN AP drops and trying to keep them alive.  The AP seem very good if you can get the cit.

I will have to spend time in the training room to practice even thought its not nearly RL enough.

PS when you are talking about t20 planes are you talking about the stock planes or the upgrade planes?

Saipan doesn’t get access to the sixth slot which either increases HP pool or speed - both are crucial to survivability.

Members
11 posts
3,431 battles

You already have an "I WIN" button when you see a dd.  They smoke, doesn't matter you wait for timer and kill them anyways.  Their only chance is if its one of the few dd's that have better than crap aa.  Do you want the I WIN button vs BB's now too? So you can kill them in 2 passes like a low hp dd? 

• Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
2,959 posts
3 hours ago, Addison_Wang said:

Saipan doesn’t get access to the sixth slot which either increases HP pool or speed - both are crucial to survivability.

Explanes it. Your a wealth of knowlage sir!!!

Di you go speed or health?

IJN I am thinking speed because they die fast.

RN speed becayse they are already high.

And US health.

What you taling into rank?

[PEEDZ]
Members
61 posts
14,580 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Explanes it. Your a wealth of knowlage sir!!!

Di you go speed or health?

IJN I am thinking speed because they die fast.

RN speed becayse they are already high.

And US health.

What you taling into rank?

I go speed build for all my CVs. I have the experience to dodge and weave out of AA for the most part. I’ll be taking haku into ranked. The ability to blap AA/radar crusiers that are usually pretty stationary with either APDBs or long range torps makes it the top choice for me. But it is also the highest skill floor t10 CV so use at your own risk.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,454 posts
20,530 battles

The Tier X CVs are just outright better than their Tier VIII predecessors.  Not just in ordnance quantity, but the planes are faster, tougher.

For RN CVs, it's actually sad when you hit Tier X Audacious.  When you play Audacious for the first time and see how useful ALL the squadron types are, you look back at Furious, Implacable with ever growing disgust.  Audacious is where all the characteristics of the RN CV finally come together in a useful manner.

The rocket planes now drop 42 rockets.

The TBs drop 3 torps with converging options still.  Implacable had 2 torps.

Most importantly, the level bombers drop a massive amount of bombs and... ACTUALLY HIT THINGS!  They're still low pen bombs, but you get a lot more hits for the same effort, tactics you used from the likes of Implacable, but finally get hits and fires.

This isn't like the POS prior RN CV tiers where your only useful squad were the TBs.  Audacious, all of them are useful.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CUTE]
Members
100 posts
6,372 battles

They are OP, yes, but i do not find them "fun".

You chunk ship after ship until the game ends.

I think by "meh" you mean not stimulating?

[SOV]
Members
2,959 posts
6 hours ago, Addison_Wang said:

I go speed build for all my CVs. I have the experience to dodge and weave out of AA for the most part. I’ll be taking haku into ranked. The ability to blap AA/radar crusiers that are usually pretty stationary with either APDBs or long range torps makes it the top choice for me. But it is also the highest skill floor t10 CV so use at your own risk.

Buyer beware!

Thanks!

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,451 posts
4,898 battles

I only have 2-3 games in Hak.. But early guess is....feels like I can come to terms with it.     Midway... I'm going to have to relearn my USN CV play.    I'm really not getting along with it.     Torps just feel bad in it.     I have this feeling that my reliance on TBs grinding up to it and the resulting build outs I've become accustomed to, I am just doing her all wrong.    At T10,  I also feel like the tactical,  spotting & DD hunting I have used a lot semi-successfully  in earlier tiers is not the way...  I just get this impression to make a T10 CV work you have to go full scale damage farming.   Makes sense at that tier when uptiered in a T8...However in a t10 you better be knocking out some HPs...    

[-DZ-]
Members
280 posts
10,511 battles

The game play is meh sometimes game and teams just arent going to last long enough for you to ramp up that damage WG failed to realize that. nothing more infuriating then being the last one and trying but you just arent allowed to have alpha anymore because the boomer gen had to whine to no end.

Members
2,486 posts
4,169 battles
On 5/11/2019 at 6:10 AM, alexf24 said:

"With two rocket passes" *sighs*  As I have to say again and again,  hyperbole does you no favors.  Even sitting still RNG is going to 'nope' that all day,  every day.  And if you ARE sitting still and not actively dodging then that is entirely on you.  Good god,  do you people sit broadside to BB's and then complain when they erase you?  But then you sit here and cry about a death of a thousand cuts.