51 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles

There are a number of ways to be told you have become famous, or infamous, in the Forum. You can get mentioned in the "Guess who I saw in a match" post, which may or may not be still going; you can get called out in matches by strangers who either tell you they loved your post or that you and your posts should die; or you can get your own troll.

When you get your own troll the first thing you will notice is that all your new posts now automatically get a down vote; the next thing you will notice is that all your old posts will be resurrected with new down votes. I gotta tell ya; it's nice to know someone cares.

I mean, what better way is there for a stranger, one who is obviously to awed by your awesome literary prowess and too shy to come out and ever tell you who he really is, to let you know he is taking the time to read every post and make his little opinion heard. That is truly someone whose life I have touched! (and not in that usual way where the waitress slaps me)

And so I say ….. YAAAAAY!! My TROLL IS BACK!! I lost him for a while but he is such a determined little bugger that he never quit! And I say thank you, little wonder troll, for all the warmth and joy you bring to my life each and every time I get a down vote; I feel ya bro! Keep up that good work, and know I will never stop posting and put you out of a job!

You go baby!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

Members
1,684 posts
9,045 battles

Had a regular forum user go off on me in-game last weekend. Didnt say a word to them, but ofc they recognized me from the forum; and had to go on some crazy rant. Was entertaining for a few seconds to say the least. It's the risk you take for posting in the public. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Had a regular forum user go off on me in-game last weekend. Didnt say a word to them, but ofc they recognized me from the forum; and had to go on some crazy rant. Was entertaining for a few seconds to say the least. It's the risk you take for posting in the public. 

At least they care enough to send their very best (sad though that may be).

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles
7 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

:crab:

I'd love to tell you I know what that meant; I'd love to tell you I was dating Ariana Grande; both would be just lies.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles
12 minutes ago, Umikami said:

There are a number of ways to be told you have become famous, or infamous, in the Forum. You can get mentioned in the "Guess who I saw in a match" post, which may or may not be still going; you can get called out in matches by strangers who either tell you they loved your post or that you and your posts should die; or you can get your own troll.

When you get your own troll the first thing you will notice is that all your new posts now automatically get a down vote; the next thing you will notice is that all your old posts will be resurrected with new down votes. I gotta tell ya; it's nice to know someone cares.

I mean, what better way is there for a stranger, one who is obviously to awed by your awesome literary prowess and too shy to come out and ever tell you who he really is, to let you know he is taking the time to read every post and make his little opinion heard. That is truly someone whose life I have touched! (and not in that usual way where the waitress slaps me)

And so I say ….. YAAAAAY!! My TROLL IS BACK!! I lost him for a while but he is such a determined little bugger that he never quit! And I say thank you, little wonder troll, for all the warmth and joy you bring to my life each and every time I get a down vote; I feel ya bro! Keep up that good work, and know I will never stop posting and put you out of a job!

You go baby!

:Smile_teethhappy:

I've had a few of those. 

[WOLF6]
Members
831 posts
3,238 battles
14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You go baby!

By acknowledging them you are feeding them. Soon they will find out you actually care.

Edited by Sumseaman

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,547 posts
4,899 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

By acknowledging them you are feeding them. Soon they will find out you actually care.

*nods*

[RED2]
Members
872 posts
8,039 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I always try to refresh the recently browsing bar to try to catch that special someone.

hasn't worked yet but one day.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles
6 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

But I love my trolls; I do care (where else would I get a free laugh 20 times a day?)

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF6]
Members
831 posts
3,238 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

But I love my trolls; I do care (where else would I get a free laugh 20 times a day?)

Well you must because you sure know how to give them what they want!

[WOLF7]
Members
679 posts
3,501 battles
26 minutes ago, Umikami said:

My TROLL IS BACK!! I lost him for a while but he is such a determined little bugger

image.png.61b15dc1796855b0f38ca5bd07c57124.png

He's had a big day...tired little fella

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,547 posts
4,899 battles

It's all in your perception really. 

I tend to look at frowny faces and boring faces and what not as a "message received, over".   And smiley faces and what not are high fives and attaboys.   You just gotta roll with it.  It's the internet.

[POP]
Members
1,355 posts
16,840 battles
28 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You go baby!

Your TROLL is yet to understand your comic genius unlike the rest of us, be patient he/ she /it will come round.  

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,161 posts
10,184 battles

Guess the troll does not realize that down votes do not remove forum rep. points so fail troll is fail.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Your TROLL is yet to understand your comic genius unlike the rest of us, be patient he/ she /it will come round.  

There are oh so many who have failed to understand my comic genius …. OH WELL!!

• Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,251 posts
57 minutes ago, Umikami said:

And so I say ….. YAAAAAY!! My TROLL IS BACK!! I lost him for a while but he is such a determined little bugger

Sung no doubt to Elton John's little diddy...

You'd think the forum managers would put a time limit for necros just to neg them. 

[RED2]
Members
872 posts
8,039 battles
46 minutes ago, Umikami said:

This gets my downvote of approval!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles
1 minute ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

This gets my downvote of approval!

THANK YOU!!

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles

Bad And thank you my little troll!

• Boring 1

Members
8 posts
1,424 battles

I've never had a downvote. ever.

even when I tried to start some troll threads, I got upvotes. in fact, the more I try to troll, even when I name and shame, the more people vote funny or cool.

I am insanely jealous, and irrational most of the time. I don't think about anybody but me, and even then don't enjoy the sycophant's positive ++ how cool response to my blistering sarcasm and pointed irony.

I need help. what can I do? how do I do it? you would think I would be good at butt hurting people, all my ex's say so! butt not one here.

sadly, the wannabe troll.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,616 posts
6 minutes ago, bakgoi said:

even when I tried to start some troll threads, I got upvotes. in fact, the more I try to troll, even when I name and shame, the more people vote funny or cool.

I am insanely jealous, and irrational most of the time. I don't think about anybody but me, and even then don't enjoy the sycophant's positive ++ how cool response to my blistering sarcasm and pointed irony.

I need help. what can I do? how do I do it? you would think I would be good at butt hurting people, all my ex's say so! butt not one here.

:Smile_great::cap_cool:There you go now you have one:Smile_veryhappy:

[SBS]
Members
3,695 posts
2,408 battles
6 minutes ago, bakgoi said:

All you have to do is say you like DDs and the down votes will come.  Oh, using data seems to work too.  Good luck.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.