You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
halowars1

WG, A solution to stopping Team Spies.

27 comments in this topic

[SOLOX]
Members
68 posts
690 battles

was watching The mighty Jingles latest video and he was talking about a player who tried to teamkill and then proceeded to give away the locations of his teammates to the enemy in chat. understandably players despise this sort of act. as it detracts and ruins the flow of the match by having a traitor on the team. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT7sXVQHQLw

well i took a abit to think well what if there was a solution to that sort of problem that wargaming could implement? and so thats the point of this thread. 

A Voting system in match's. if a player is acting as a spy on his team and giving away the location of his allies to the enemy team in chat. a player from Either team can initiate a vote against said player and list the reason for the vote.  from there a voting Prompt will appear above the chat box for players of Either team to partake in. with a "silence this player?" question and it has the option Yes, Or No. 

if enough players in the match Votes for Yes. then that player will have their ability to Chat for that match disabled. they may continue to read what people say in chat but they can no longer chat themselves. this will thus stop the Spie's actions from disrupting the game and ruining it for others. and as a result will make it so players have a means to combat this unsporting behaviour of some players. 

Thank You for reading this Post and i hope something can be done to remedy this kind of issue. as i have been the victim of such behaviours before. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,055 posts
14,116 battles

If enough players vote misbehavior in chat, doesn't it silence him already?

• Cool 1

[AR15]
Members
432 posts
8,180 battles

Their response has always been, "Send us the replay and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate...and you'll never know if we do anything at all." There is also the report for "Misbehavior in Chat". It may or may not do anything but they will tell you to use it.

[R-F]
Members
1,204 posts
7,860 battles

I think I have seen this behavior maybe once or twice in my 6,000 battles.  Is it really significant problem?

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
7 minutes ago, CBSDracster said:

Their response has always been, "Send us the replay and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate...and you'll never know if we do anything at all." There is also the report for "Misbehavior in Chat". It may or may not do anything but they will tell you to use it.

The "problem" with misbehavior in chat is it takes reports over a few matches for it to trigger making it useless if this is an irregular event. The best solution is to use Misbehavior and send in a ticket with the replay.

3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I think I have seen this behavior maybe once or twice in my 6,000 battles.  Is it really significant problem?

It really isn't common but it is more common than your experience.

[R-F]
Members
1,204 posts
7,860 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

The "problem" with misbehavior in chat is it takes reports over a few matches for it to trigger making it useless if this is an irregular event. The best solution is to use Misbehavior and send in a ticket with the replay.

Fair enough.

One thing I have seen more than a few times is players spamming the absolute hell out of the map pings and quick messages.  I wish such things would also be blocked when you mute specific players.

[O7]
Members
1,013 posts
14,165 battles

They get chat banned when reported for it. Thats fine. 

Members
64 posts
53 battles

Let’s do as Counter Strike did in the old days, once you die, your screen goes black (or you’re immidiately forced into the harbour).

I wouldn’t like it, cause I love laughing at some of my friends odd play when I die (from my even worse olay)

[NH]
Members
630 posts

We had a clan offering the other team steel from the clan armory if he gave away the team locations or otherwise threw the match. Who know the armory was going to be abused?  :Smile_sceptic:

[WGA]
Administrator
878 posts
13,560 battles

Hey Captains,

While we appreciate the effort taken to address an issue, this kind of behavior is very infrequent and is already covered by the EULA, if you see a player breaking this rule, please submit a replay via the ticket system and they will be handled by our Customer Support team,

Fem.  

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,389 posts
15,182 battles

What @Femennenly said! I always report such violations with a replay and the violators do get dealt with whether you believe the canned response you get or not.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Hey Captains,

While we appreciate the effort taken to address an issue, this kind of behavior is very infrequent and is already covered by the EULA, if you see a player breaking this rule, please submit a replay via the ticket system and they will be handled by our Customer Support team,

Fem.  

Just a question.

In the event that this type of behavior does get out of hand, could Wg please find an alternative to handling it instead of banning group chat? WOT did this and games are now just plan boring.:cap_old:

I'm sure the community will gladly spit ball suggestions/punishments for offenders!

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

No, IMO, the best solution to this problem is for the devs to completely disable the ALL chat channel so that no one can talk to the enemy team.  Does it come with some downsides?  Sure, but IMO, those downsides aren't worth the negatives that come from a team betrayer like the OP mentions.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, IMO, the best solution to this problem is for the devs to completely disable the ALL chat channel so that no one can talk to the enemy team.  Does it come with some downsides?  Sure, but IMO, those downsides aren't worth the negatives that come from a team betrayer like the OP mentions.

Your solution is to punish everyone that doesn't abuse all chat, talk about using a nuc to kill a fly.

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Your solution is to punish everyone that doesn't abuse all chat, talk about using a nuc to kill a fly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I don't think that the ALL chat channel adds anything of value to the game.  When I've played WoT since they removed ALL chat, I've never once found myself missing it.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,807 posts
21,066 battles

The EULA says, that giving away a players position is a violation of the game terms and can lead ot a strike against the account.

I had 3 or 4 cases and I always made a ticket.

Especially in those 2 in ranked, when players, who calculated that they are in lead of a losing team, gave away the position of my DD to save a star.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles
4 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

It's actually very peaceful these days imo … 

I remember a lot more intentional TKs and antisocial behavior a couple of years ago … 

But then I stopped doing it :)

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
830 posts
7,968 battles

I have never seen this.

Why worry about something so infrequent which already has a method to report? 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles

The solution is obvious.

WG needs to give me an option to instantly kick from the game any player on my team.

I will use this power judiciously and for the benefit of all.

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
830 posts
7,968 battles
25 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I will use this power judiciously and for the benefit of all.

The beneficent dictator? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I don't think that the ALL chat channel adds anything of value to the game.  When I've played WoT since they removed ALL chat, I've never once found myself missing it.

WoT all chat was removed because it was a toxic swamp. Heck WoT's team chat is toxic but it is also necessary. Compare that to here where people saying hello and saluting the other team before the match starts is the norm.

[WOLFB]
Members
626 posts
4,982 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

here where people saying hello and saluting the other team before the match starts is the norm.

Yeah, I really like All Chat. Darn near every use of it I've seen is fun and friendly. The occasional frustrated comment or snide remark, but that's not deeply toxic, it's just negative in the moment and soon forgotten. Mostly it's people saying hello, saluting the other team, asking honest questions, telling jokes, having fun, etc.

Part off what makes this game great is the community and I'm glad to be able to interact with everyone in the game, not just the Green Team.

I'm sure I would soon forget about it, but I sure don't want to lose All Chat.

I have witnessed a few betrayers like the OP is taking about, but it seems like everyone just ignores them and they are left behind in their negativity. Near as I could tell, no effect on the game.

Mostly All Chat in World of Warships is a bunch of cool folks being friendly.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

The beneficent dictator? 

Of course!

• Cool 1