Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

*Shocking* Played Duke of York again last night, and discovered

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles

. . . she still sucks.

They really need to give her the reload back and her extra heal charge to even be remotely competitive with KGV.   Just having the Hydro instead of the spotter plane is a huge nerf!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,834 posts
4,590 battles

There has been a topic a few months ago, showing that DoY has the autobounce angles of high tier USN Cruisers. May get better results by utilizing AP more often.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

There has been a topic a few months ago, showing that DoY has the autobounce angles of high tier USN Cruisers. May get better results by utilizing AP more often.

Yeah, that's not news to me.  I actually saw another thread about DoY AP just the other day, which is what made me try her again.  Yes, AP isn't bad. . . but it's not enough to make up for the reload, lack of spotter, and being down a heal.

[WOLF6]
Members
672 posts
6,082 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

. . . she still sucks.

They really need to give her the reload back and her extra heal charge to even be remotely competitive with KGV.   Just having the Hydro instead of the spotter plane is a huge nerf!

I agree , give her back the reload at least , I like the hydro though .

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles

Let's make her what she was originally with cruiser like qualities that makes her stand out from other BBs. At least she would be far more interesting that way.

[LHG]
Members
1,491 posts
5,986 battles

I can make DoY work, but she's a smidge under being a solid platform. If her heal gave back a bit more health (I'm fine with keeping it at reduced charges) and if she had slightly faster reload on her main batteries (28 seconds, since they're still 356s), then she would be a great counterpart to KGV. She'd sacrifice raw damage output (but not as much as current version) with better AP, and she'd be less resistant to shell fire while having better defense against torpedoes and aircraft.

The original cruiser-style DoY would have been interesting, but I think it would have been given too many gimmicks to be balanced. And it definitely would have not aged well in the CV rework, where a BB that couldn't even heal chip damage would be a prime target regardless of how strong its AA is (which is above average at the moment, now that mid-range actually means something).

Edited by Flashtirade

[IRISH]
Members
86 posts
8,537 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

. . . she still sucks.

What? Spamming HE and getting dmg while being mediocre isnt enough?

[WOLFC]
Members
885 posts
5,988 battles

You need to work on your SEO

10 things  you need to know about Premium UK BB's

#8 will SHOCK You

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,447 posts
10,405 battles

Played some DOY on the British missions and did very well in her... she seems a bit sluggish compared to KGV, but very workable...suck is a pretty strong word for her. 

Sign in to follow this