You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

How about a bank for intra-player loans?

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles

So lots of us have piles of silver lying around.  The introduction of flags for silver was a big help.   What if there was a way to give back to the community.  A bank to loan silver to other players.

You post an amount of silver for a loan, along with a fixed interest rate the player sets (min 5%).  Another player comes in, borrows the silver, and then half their silver earnings go to you until the loan plus the interest is repaid.

So if I loan 1 million silver.  I could advertise it for 5%.

Somebody borrows the silver, and then I get half their gross silver earnings until they repay me 1 million plus 50k in interest. 

Of course there's the risk that somebody never repays you by quitting the game.  But hey. . . that's the world of finance for you.  LOL

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Members
1,091 posts
2,399 battles

The only way WG would go with this is if they could get thier cut. Likely instead of 5% interest it would have to involve doubloons instead.

[SIMP]
Members
898 posts
8,925 battles
26 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

So lots of us have piles of silver lying around.  The introduction of flags for silver was a big help.   What if there was a way to give back to the community.  A bank to loan silver to other players.

You post an amount of silver for a loan, along with a fixed interest rate the player sets (min 5%).  Another player comes in, borrows the silver, and then half their silver earnings go to you until the loan plus the interest is repaid.

Somebody borrows the silver, and then I get half their gross silver earnings until they repay me 1 million plus 50k in interest. 

Of course there's the risk that somebody never repays you by quitting the game.  But hey. . . that's the world of finance for you.  LOL

Best just give it away.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles
3 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

Best just give it away.

Nah. . . then I couldn't become a robber baron locking my fellow players into an endless loop of revolving debt!

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,374 posts
15,153 battles

There is already a way to do this. Gifting another player from the Premium Shop.

I doubt WG would add the loan thing you suggest. Credits are meant to be earned from battle. Besides that they wouldn't make any money off of it.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
921 posts
35 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

latest?cb=20160227015354

Serb will send his russian goons for a fee!

Edited by DESRON10

[SEOP]
Members
1,521 posts
8,233 battles
43 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

World of Warships shylock.  I can see the interest collections process now....

[DDCO]
Members
29 posts
10,226 battles

I wish we could gift extra ships to our clan members. I always seem to get ships I don't want or have the premium versions of. AKA graf spee and others.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,026 posts
14,107 battles

Why would WG let people circumvent one of the "pay for convenience" mechanics that are probably one of the biggest sources of (non-whale) new player income?

[SYN]
Members
15,288 posts
11,987 battles

Not only is it silly, it's ripe for abuse.

Loan 100M Cr to an account that then proceeds to consume all of it, without ever intending to return any of it.

So the game is supposed to do what about this? give credits to the financer, with interest, despite zero credits in the borrower's account?

Give back nothing to the financer?

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
2 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Not only is it silly, it's ripe for abuse.

Loan 100M Cr to an account that then proceeds to consume all of it, without ever intending to return any of it.

So the game is supposed to do what about this? give credits to the financer, with interest, despite zero credits in the borrower's account?

Give back nothing to the financer?

Lol you would also have to send Tugboats into the debtor’s port to repossess ships... yeah the idea could turn into a huge distater in short order. :Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,296 posts
6,746 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

half their gross silver earnings

Perhaps half their net profit would be better. Take half the gross silver and some people would never make a profit on a battle. You'd potentially lock them into playing T1 (where costs are zero) forever just to be sure of a profit on the game.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,460 posts
2,486 battles

I've been trying to think of a way this wouldn't turn in to a disaster.

Haven't come up with one yet.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,640 posts
8,811 battles

Enabling inter-player transfers gives a reason to steal accounts. Right now you can't clean out my account even if you were able to log into it, so it doesn't happen here on the level it does in player-economy MMOs.

Also, "intra" doesn't mean what you think it means.