You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1meanDad

USS Missouri – 45 -- Future ship suggestion for CY20

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
276 posts
5,045 battles

Next year is the 75th anniversary of the ending of WW2 on the deck of the USS Missouri. I am suggesting that WoWS introduce, via a CAMPAIGN, a USS Missouri – 45, to recognize this event.

We have seen a Tirpitz-B and other “B” versions in game as well a West Virginia – 41, with a comment that a later version would be released, so this is not a new precedence to have multi-versions of a ship in-game. More than 90% of the art/design work for the Missouri has been done so the work effort should not be long.

This ship does not need to be a credit maker, as was the previous version so the economics of the model can be changed. If you have been in the game for more than a year, even as a casual player, the need for credits should not be an issue.

If someone can add how many games have had a Missouri in it over the past couple of months, I would appreciate it. Seems to me that the use of the Missouri in the game has gone down.

Also, Captain Stuart S. Murray, USN, served as Commander from, May 14, 1945 - November 6, 1945, it would be awesome to get permission of his family to include him on the ship.

Hope that some of the forum moderators and community contributors could push for something like this to become a reality.

Thanks for the read, 1meandad

• Cool 5

[WOLFC]
Members
1,116 posts
8,647 battles

I've heard many mention they would love a chance to acquire a version of this historic ship, regardless of credit making ability. 

A 75th Anniversary version would be an awesome tribute.

29594687_10155773854409934_5233854692340348800_n.thumb.jpg.acf9d53fdf7ba764210f3c3afe29802c.jpg

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,195 posts
2,971 battles

It is really a double edged sword. On one end I am sure myself and a rather large majority is against reskins and year-specific ships (glances aggressively at black ships)... But on the other it really is not fun for anyone to deny someone a ship on the 'restricted list', especially one with as much history and fame as the Missouri.

Also worth mentioning that she was pulled more for her battle influence than her credit income... Though I am sure both contributed a fair bit.

It's not about profits, it's about her battle influence.   Sub_Octavian

(Original source)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,476 posts
6,073 battles
1 hour ago, 1meanDad said:

Next year is the 75th anniversary of the ending of WW2 on the deck of the USS Missouri. I am suggesting that WoWS introduce, via a CAMPAIGN, a USS Missouri – 45, to recognize this event.

We have seen a Tirpitz-B and other “B” versions in game as well a West Virginia – 41, with a comment that a later version would be released, so this is not a new precedence to have multi-versions of a ship in-game. More than 90% of the art/design work for the Missouri has been done so the work effort should not be long.

This ship does not need to be a credit maker, as was the previous version so the economics of the model can be changed. If you have been in the game for more than a year, even as a casual player, the need for credits should not be an issue.

If someone can add how many games have had a Missouri in it over the past couple of months, I would appreciate it. Seems to me that the use of the Missouri in the game has gone down.

Also, Captain Stuart S. Murray, USN, served as Commander from, May 14, 1945 - November 6, 1945, it would be awesome to get permission of his family to include him on the ship.

Hope that some of the forum moderators and community contributors could push for something like this to become a reality.

Thanks for the read, 1meandad

I actually prefer Iowa to my Missouri now, with the buff that the USN battleship line got.

But I wouldn't be opposed to this suggestion for the people who want to play USS Missouri in game as opposed to just gamers who want THE MI$$OURI.

[WOLF2]
Members
508 posts
12,864 battles

As to how much I play Missouri.....admittedly I don’t play her as much as when I first got her.   I was still grinding lines at that point and constantly needed credit income, which she is outstanding for.  Now that I have all the tier 10s (except CVs, which I probably never will), credits aren’t a huge problem.  However, now that there aren’t (currently) any lines to grind, I still play Mo a fair bit.  I rebought some ships because I got free perma camos for them, and there’s the Russian BB line coming up, then French DDs.  I currently have around 35 million credits,  but I usually run a Mo game once or twice a day to get first win bonus and pad those credits a bit.  Now, if and when I get to the astronomical levels some people have....like hundreds of millions or even over a billion?   I might still play her some because I like her,  but obviously at that point it wouldn’t be for credits.  Hell...even now it’s not so much about income as I just like playing Missouri quite a bit.  I think of her as my mini-Montana.  

[FTH]
Members
941 posts
13,645 battles

Good post OP...as someone that's got it...I'd like to see a version of it come out for those that missed the bus on it when they pulled it from the shop (despite the insinuation that it wasn't going away when it came out, but yeah, forums melted over that a year ago, no need to get back into it)…

For that matter, they could make it FXP since apparently they want to drain our stocks of it...if they don't want to put out a radar BB, they could always just give it a longer spotter plane like Mush has...one of the only things some don't like about Mo is the inability to switch out the radar for a spotter plane, so with a max range build you're still limited to 27km or so...

or heck, just put it in the premium shop...I'm not picky, as long as it's not another steel ship...although with Georgia coming out on the horizon, I'd hope it wouldn't be another coal ship.

[WOLF6]
Members
276 posts
5,045 battles

https://museumships.us/forum/battleships/1253-uss-missouri-stamp

The U.S. Postal Service celebrates the USS Missouri (BB-63) with a Forever stamp. The famed American battleship is being honored to coincide with the 75th anniversary of her commissioning on June 11, 1944. The battleship was affectionately nicknamed “Mighty Mo,” and had one of the most historic roles during World War II. On Sept. 2, 1945, military officials from the Allied powers and imperial Japan convened on her deck and signed the documents confirming Japan’s surrender and ending the war.

s_ussmissouri.png

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,731 posts
11,087 battles

Would love to see the Missouri in game. I am going to visit it this year. 

• Cool 1