You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

PSA: Use Your Coupons

11 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,673 posts
9,076 battles

Just a reminder that even though 8.4 isn't going to drop for sometime (probably not until the 29th since the public test hasn't even started yet), the coupons will be restocked tomorrow. Also, be aware that the ship coupon will be renewed on the 22 of June so if you have one, be sure to use it relatively soon.

• Cool 7

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles
13 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

be aware that the ship coupon will be renewed on the 22 of June

Am sitting on way more coal than I need for JB, waiting for the coupon to drop so I can be a stingy bastard and get her cheap. :Smile_coin:

Then I can start accumulating coal for the next thing. Unless the next thing comes out before that, in which case I might have to reconsider.

I had actually considered getting Okt Rev - I have enough coal for her if I wait for JB with the coupon - but the Developer Diaries YT vid describes the latest in-game collection as having an "Oktober Revolution" box as its prize, which makes me wonder if that particular purchase is going to be superfluous. Best to sit on the extra coal for now.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

o I should actually use the other ones beside the ship one, thanks for the heads up.

[HELLS]
Members
2,034 posts
19,420 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Am sitting on way more coal than I need for JB, waiting for the coupon to drop so I can be a stingy bastard and get her cheap. :Smile_coin:

Then I can start accumulating coal for the next thing. Unless the next thing comes out before that, in which case I might have to reconsider.

I had actually considered getting Okt Rev - I have enough coal for her if I wait for JB with the coupon - but the Developer Diaries YT vid describes the latest in-game collection as having an "Oktober Revolution" box as its prize, which makes me wonder if that particular purchase is going to be superfluous. Best to sit on the extra coal for now.

We already know you are a stingy bastard because you are as hard as hell to hit when you are on the other team! LOL! Already have JB I bought with coal and a coupon before 8.1 and have had OR bought with coal eons ago. Might save for Salem but I have DM, so just wondering if the playstyle difference between sister ships makes it worth the buy like it did between Massachussetts and Alabama.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,116 posts
8,647 battles
33 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Just a reminder ...

Thanks ... picked up an Engine Boost Mod I had been thinking of getting.  +1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles
2 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Might save for Salem but I have DM, so just wondering if the playstyle difference between sister ships makes it worth the buy like it did between Massachussetts and Alabama.

My opinion on the Salem is that she is an excellent coal buy for someone who wants a Des Moines-class cruiser or their first T10 ship of any kind, but can't afford the permacamo or the Tier 10 running costs. Her service costs are very, very generous, but if you are operating DM without issues in this regard she's not worth the buy, her radar is gimped for range (basically it's Atlanta radar), and she also can't take the DM upgrade module that gives you the super-brisk acceleration.

She does have an excellent heal, so if you like taking chances and you know how to leverage it properly it might benefit you a bit more, but I don't have the DM and can't give you a direct comparison.

The one thing you can reliably do in Salem that you simply cannot do in the DM is run her regularly in co-op without the risk of bleeding credits. Her service costs are more in keeping with T7 because of the baked-in bonus she has.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,479 posts
6,073 battles

If I don't use my ship coupon, I will have it until the restock, right?  I just need to make sure I have one for when Georgia drops.

[NGA]
Members
1,673 posts
9,076 battles
4 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

If I don't use my ship coupon, I will have it until the restock, right?  I just need to make sure I have one for when Georgia drops.

Provided you don't use it after June 21st you'll have it. Me, I'm in the quandary of working towards THREE Armoury ships. Bourgogne, Yoshino, and now (thanks to some generous buffs) Georgia. What I'll probably end up doing is coupons going the Bourgogne, grabbing the cheaper coal ship, then using the December coupon for the other (Assuming there's not another 30k Steel ship released before then).

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,302 posts
7,554 battles

No coal to buy anything I want so its likely to just end up not being used in my case.

[-AGW-]
Members
769 posts
10,900 battles

Swimming in credits so I picked up a few flags. Thanks for the reminder.