Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Have the RUBB missions rubbed you the wrong way?

23 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,491 posts

Probably just me so I'll speak just for me. I find the missions, the whole team thing, sort of lacks enthusiasm. I'd suggest the topic of CV warfare procon is potentially a big part of it. Another aspect for me is the lackluster rewards. I have tiers 5/6 of the RUBBs gained through the newest coin of the realm purchases made with said coins won in-game. No RL money will depart my wallet for such ships. 

I'm not seeing enthusiasm on Reddit, not much anyhow. I don't see a lot of hot topics here either, really...

So are the RUBBs just not interesting enough? Or am I seeing the missions / ships through a welder's helmet? tiafyc

[HYDRO]
Members
2,806 posts
4,579 battles

I think other events overshadow the Victory competition and the early unlocks.

Why bother with Honour and Glory when there's pro-CV and anti-CV? 

It's sad, but that seems to be the case.

[5BS]
Members
6,736 posts

The Sinop is straight overpowered. Izmail is nice, but the reverse turret angles are kind of a pain. The Peter is basically a Kongo with inverted dispersion. And the Vlad is somewhat meh; insane penetration and accuracy up close (3-4 cits in a single salvo can and will happen) but not dramatically better than the other T8's and it's at that point her lack of DCP's long term comes into focus.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,421 posts
2,416 battles

I think the biggest issue is you don't have to be enthused about it to do it.

Which "team" wins is a really small part of the event.

Its alright, you get free stuff, but there isn't any juice to it.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,491 posts
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Thanks - I think that's what I wanted to say, good job. No juice to it. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
6 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I kind of prefer a break from the "grindy" FSW events.  I was getting burnt out and didn't feel compelled to do the "space skin" missions despite the rather good rewards.  I just had enough of it.

I am sure if you like the FSW style missions they'll be back probably for the French DD line (guessing).

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Pretty much this. Excellent.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,315 posts
20,173 battles

I couldn't even tell you which team I play on. I log in, take whomever has the easy to get tokens and play. The "competitive" event is like all the others they have done, unimaginative and uninteresting.  At least this time they didn't try the hashtags like they did the first time which only made it look much more lame. 

The last time there was excitement around the release of a line of ships was the German BB line. I remember that fondly because there was much anticipation and when released, there was quite a bit of excitement. Every line released afterwards has been a resounding "meh". 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,233 posts
6,674 battles
9 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I kind of prefer a break from the "grindy" FSW events.  I was getting burnt out and didn't feel compelled to do the "space skin" missions despite the rather good rewards.

I was getting burned out after the Indianapolis missions last year.

Then they introduced the ability to get a LOT of this stuff done in co-op. Hits, kills, cap ribbons of all kinds... show me the way, please.

I'm bailing on this one because I realised I don't need any more free premium ships for retraining, not with a pair of 19 pointers and a half-million ECXP already in the bank. I'll have enough tokens for one camo very soon, and then I'll spend anything else I get on non-premium unlock crates. 

[SC]
Members
383 posts
13,955 battles

Pyotr Is atier 5 slug, very boring.. Izmail a little better at tier 6. I am selling the tier 5. Don't have the others yet. 

Members
2,105 posts
1,241 battles

I havent received anything valuable from the token crates. No missions, just some camo and a little coal.

Hard to get excited about something I'm apparently not allowed to do.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,233 posts
6,674 battles
10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Hard to get excited about something I'm apparently not allowed to do.

When 0.8.4 hits, the entire line goes live in the Tech Tree. Then you will be able to grind them up from the very bottom, or spend FXP on them if you think you're too good for T3/4.

Members
599 posts
4,973 battles

I'm not really invested in the competition part of this as it lacks really any sense of team spirit like the Fire/Water or Sharks/Eagles things did, but then again sometimes that team spirit would get out of hand and I remember distinctly several chat and forum fights over those events, which likely are what lead to all of this emphasis on the 'friendly' aspect of this competition in all of the official promo stuff. 

The BBs themselves, on the other hand I actually wasn't interested in until I tried one. I'm very interested now as they seem to suit me quite well being sort of in-between German and Japanese battleships in the sense that they fight best at close range, but you have to be darn careful with angling and positioning or you get clobbered with your raised citadels. The secondaries up until about T8 aren't half bad either, just not as long ranged as German or French, but as a staunch advocate of the original secondary build BB line, the IJN, it works out just fine for me. I got lucky by only taking 8 premium containers out of 9 purchased to get all 4 BB missions (a 7 pack followed by 2 individual crates), and have found that I like all 4 of them. Sinop and Izmail are really good for ops, provided you know what you're doing.

Members
2,105 posts
1,241 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

When 0.8.4 hits, the entire line goes live in the Tech Tree. Then you will be able to grind them up from the very bottom, or spend FXP on them if you think you're too good for T3/4.

Yes, and I'll grind the whole line...

...but that has nothing to do with the event. I'm not getting anything from the event. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,315 posts
20,173 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

I'm not really invested in the competition part of this as it lacks really any sense of team spirit like the Fire/Water or Sharks/Eagles things did, but then again sometimes that team spirit would get out of hand and I remember distinctly several chat and forum fights over those events, which likely are what lead to all of this emphasis on the 'friendly' aspect of this competition in all of the official promo stuff. 

The "team spirit" of those events was totally contrived. Those same threads were filled with people making fun of those people and the WeeGees who were pushing it using hashtags. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,233 posts
6,674 battles
5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm not getting anything from the event. 

Neither am I, but that's because of the priorities I'm setting. 500 tokens for a Chapayev, Ognevoi or Vladivostok permacamo means 3000 doubloons I won't have to spend (or maybe 1500 in a half-price sale), which is worth more to me than sixteen shots at an unlock crate for something that's going to be free anyway.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts

I been all over it grinding the max tokens every day so far.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,233 posts
6,674 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I been all over it grinding the max tokens every day so far.

I'm glad you have the time and expertise to do so. Pray for those of us who lack either or both, or for whom horrendous pings all evening stuff us over. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
135 posts
4,962 battles

I'd be more excited about them if one dropped from a crate. Oh wait I'm saving for a ship I don't really want, to get more crates. I'm getting said ship becuase it seems more worthwhile than throwing away tokens on crates with coal in them.

They should have done it the the brithish CVs, I'd be playing one now and probably more hyped about it.

[FTH]
Members
941 posts
13,684 battles

I've hit the burnout point on directives....I didn't actually care about the last ones by the point it was done. I'm seriously considering waiting and just using the tokens for the lazao and free xping it when the update hits, rather than knock 4 years off my life from high blood pressure trying to grind, lol.

Members
311 posts
3,437 battles

Honestly it does rub me the wrong way, not because of the event but because all the event ships are still WIP. Perhaps it's because we've also been beta testing the CV rework for so long but I find it tiresome there being so much "testing" going on in what I thought was a live game.

Maybe it would be better if the ships were weak and needed tuning up but that doesn't seem to be the case. The T5 slug that whoever was complaining about further up is like the next coming of Giulio Cesare. The T7 appears to be broken OP as well.

[-TKS-]
Members
491 posts
8,167 battles

love the sinop top or bottom tiered . Op when top for sure . The vlad is meh at best . it has its moments when top tiered but really thats only happened 2x for me in it .  Bottom tier i struggle badly and if there is a t10 cv forget about it , plus they mush wash it with gasoline.  

Have couple of the others but no interest playing lower tiers with all the cv's around.

With that being said its new , so im interested by default but i dont like there accuracy gimmick.But I really want to see the what the t10 (kremel?) can do in the meta in normal players hands . 

Sign in to follow this