You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

The chapayev is being garbage.

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,549 posts
3,791 battles

My chappy is not working in this new game mode.

Ive boosted the aa to max and shoots down 1 plane.

I had to remove rudder shift as it keeps burning and got damage con upgrade 2.

My detect range is amazing and ive taken away the long range fire ship upgrade so my detect range stays low.

My captain is 10 points and i just boosted him to 14 using commander xp for the ifhe [edited].

Despite all this my chappy guns do no damage and my aa at max does nothing to help me? why is this?

How is this possible?????? how is this even feasible?

The chappy guns are so poor utter garbage.

What happened to this once great ship?

[O7]
Members
1,004 posts
14,165 battles

It is still great. You are wasting your time building towards AA since the rework though. Just get demo and IFHE and spam everything to death. Hit superstructure on BBs for consistent damage.

• Cool 2

Members
926 posts
18,212 battles

Chap must dance to live.... pump rudder shift to the max and wear the paint off the A & D keys while spamming HE on the run. I love my times in Chapy....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,549 posts
3,791 battles
1 hour ago, Kebobstuzov said:

It is still great. You are wasting your time building towards AA since the rework though. Just get demo and IFHE and spam everything to death. Hit superstructure on BBs for consistent damage.

1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

Chap must dance to live.... pump rudder shift to the max and wear the paint off the A & D keys while spamming HE on the run. I love my times in Chapy....

He spamming erm no rather not ever thanks.

No not for me.

Members
926 posts
18,212 battles

Me lovin' my Chaps...

Edited by theLaalaa

[O7]
Members
1,004 posts
14,165 battles
2 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

He spamming erm no rather not ever thanks.

No not for me.

Then stay away from light cruisers. Thats their primary job. A ship is not garbage because you are refusing to use its main strength.

Edited by Kebobstuzov
  • Cool 1

[KAN1]
Members
14 posts
2,668 battles

The OP is right.  The Chapayev is an example of a hideously dated ship that has been outpaced by new additions.  It dates back to ye good olde days when HE spam ships were relatively rare and this was a bit more viable.  Now the Chapayev's gimmick has been supplanted by the Cleveland which is more robust and does HE spam better, the Akizuki which does stealth HE spam better, and the Edinburgh for dancing and baiting shots.  There is always a ship that does what it does better.  I just got it and I hate it. 

I can tolerate the Mogami's squishy citadel because of all the guns and awesome torps or the Edinburgh's citadel because it handles like a DD.  I can't tolerate the Chapayev because it has nothing good to offer. 

Chapayev = free exp trap