You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ColdwaterCowboy_1

Sold the Kaga just in time.

34 comments in this topic

Members
148 posts
2,563 battles

Wow was kind enough to give me a Kaga in a crate last month (thanks Wow). I had been working hard on improving my CV skills (Hermes, Furious) and I was starting to get good results. It was like they gave me a reward for trying so hard. Of course that is a fantasy. The Kaga has what seems like a million planes. The rockets on target couldn't blow the fuzz off a peach. The bombs are effective but targeting (low dive) is a bit of a mystery and the torps are so slow you can out run them in a push cart. After just over 100 CV matches I decided to sell her off. Now I read that the CVs are getting a pretty strong nerfing.........I had to laugh out loud when I read that.  Well it was fun running the CVs and a great education. I'll keep the Hermes cause it is fun  anytime, anywhere but the Kaga has been replaced by the Conqueror and holy cow what a fun BB that is (thanks again Wow for the gift). So you can say goodbye and good riddance to another useless CV pilot.  I'll be lurking in the Conqueror......and by the way, if my CV spots your CV I'll be lobbing shells at you from about 30k. Put on your rain hat!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,300 posts
3,259 battles
9 minutes ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

Wow was kind enough to give me a Kaga in a crate last month (thanks Wow). I had been working hard on improving my CV skills (Hermes, Furious) and I was starting to get good results. It was like they gave me a reward for trying so hard. Of course that is a fantasy. The Kaga has what seems like a million planes. The rockets on target couldn't blow the fuzz off a peach. The bombs are effective but targeting (low dive) is a bit of a mystery and the torps are so slow you can out run them in a push cart. After just over 100 CV matches I decided to sell her off. Now I read that the CVs are getting a pretty strong nerfing.........I had to laugh out loud when I read that.  Well it was fun running the CVs and a great education. I'll keep the Hermes cause it is fun  anytime, anywhere but the Kaga has been replaced by the Conqueror and holy cow what a fun BB that is (thanks again Wow for the gift). So you can say goodbye and good riddance to another useless CV pilot.  I'll be lurking in the Conqueror......and by the way, if my CV spots your CV I'll be lobbing shells at you from about 30k. Put on your rain hat!

I suspect this is probably the plan going forward...   Same reaction they had last time the forums went off the rails on CVs.....  slowly nerf them to the point that the population will fail again.   Its cheaper than more development and is not a concession that they didn't understand their entrenched players base.   Unfortunately, it will also probably be a concession that the game is not going to be any different in a year than it is now,  short of less CVs being played and forums whining about something else. which is sad.   

Edited by RA6E_
  • Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles

The ghost of Kaga has visited this thread!!!

If you don't forward this message to 10 contacts  or rebuy it via Support it will visit you on your next supercontainer :Smile_ohmy:.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
148 posts
2,563 battles
6 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

slowly nerf them to the point that the population will fail again

Seems to me that Wows goal should be to end nerfing. Fixing things by beating people back has never worked in the past from what I have read.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,194 posts
6,652 battles
22 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If you don't forward this message to 10 contacts  or rebuy it via Support it will visit you on your next supercontainer 

:Smile_teethhappy:

I never sell premiums, I never sell early unlocks, and I never sell ships I win in-game.

Selling a ship that fulfills two of these criteria at once seems to me to be gross foolishness.

[OKM]
Members
280 posts
2,452 battles

What nerf? The HE bomb is basically a nerf against DD but a boost against BB (more fire since they spread more). And the waiting time at the start is not that bad.

Members
148 posts
2,563 battles
16 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

What nerf?

Well yes, you are saying that it is just a little adjustment. Fact is, I was already useless in the Kaga......hey, on the other hand, I'm a star in the Hermes. Why keep the Kaga sitting at the dock. For me it is too expensive an inventory. I'll use the Conqueror with huge pride, every day.

[HINON]
Members
10,658 posts

Not understanding how to use a ship does not make it a bad ship.

Members
148 posts
2,563 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Not understanding how to use a ship does not make it a bad ship.

I wouldn't argue that. Believe me I spent a few hours in the training room learning how to do damage with the Kaga. The DBs are deadly once your learn how to use them but the torps are too much work for me and too little damage for all the flying around required. The rockets are for distraction and dissuasion not damage ..... again too much work flying around......I guess I'm just a lazy butt.

Edited by ColdwaterCowboy_1
additional

[BS]
Members
1,377 posts
7,635 battles

Kaga has great torps, you can seriously hamper 3-4 ships trying to push into an area without losing many planes since you don't have to get really close. Plus, against solitary ships those torps are actually punishing.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

Kaga won't be overly nerfed other than the global spotting nerf.  I do welcome a better HE bomb dispersion as that will allow some "slop: in bomb dropping and more RNGeus assistance.

But the big nerf is the spotting nerf.

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
223 posts
3,373 battles
2 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Kaga won't be overly nerfed other than the global spotting nerf.  I do welcome a better HE bomb dispersion as that will allow some "slop: in bomb dropping and more RNGeus assistance.

But the big nerf is the spotting nerf.

Did I miss something in the release notes?? I didn’t even see a spotting nerf. Just an HE bomb nerf to spread and a nerf to engine boost speeds. 

Members
148 posts
2,563 battles
6 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

you don't have to get really close.

Yes that is fun and you can make them squirm and change course to your advantage and then cross drop if your timing is right-on and you have huge luck...yes I agree it is a thrill when it happens. Then I eat another sandwich while I am waiting to get back in the fight.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
1 minute ago, Cakeman826 said:

Did I miss something in the release notes?? I didn’t even see a spotting nerf. Just an HE bomb nerf to spread and a nerf to engine boost speeds. 

They are adding a plane launch timer to the start of mission (takes away spotting time) and slowing planes down via boost nerf (reduces spotting speed) so it's a huge spotting nerf. 

Also both are a DPS nerf since CVs won't be able to get squads on target as quickly as before plus allows death balls to form before planes can get on target.

HE dispersion *might* be a nerf - it actually is adjusting dispersion some but rewards better attack vectors while spreading out the bombs across the actual drop area better.  Nerf but not really a nerf in some regards...

[BS]
Members
1,377 posts
7,635 battles
2 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

They are adding a plane launch timer to the start of mission (takes away spotting time) and slowing planes down via boost nerf (reduces spotting speed) so it's a huge spotting nerf. 

Also both are a DPS nerf since CVs won't be able to get squads on target as quickly as before plus allows death balls to form before planes can get on target.

HE dispersion *might* be a nerf - it actually is adjusting dispersion some but rewards better attack vectors while spreading out the bombs across the actual drop area better.  Nerf but not really a nerf in some regards...

I think it's going to be better against cruisers and BB's only if your flying at them bow/stern on, might hit a few more bombs on average compared to now. 

Right now, you can drop midway bombs at the bottom of the dive bomb attack, and the bombs will fly off to the side like some kind of spring mechanism is shooting the bombs sidways when they detach from the plane, heh

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
223 posts
3,373 battles
3 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Ahh yeah the launch delay. I dont think that will be too much of a problem. The boost speed adjustment will for sure be a problem. I feel like that change alone is going to make most average players quit CVs already because its the boost speed that gets you through AA as you make drops. Planes are going to melt if they cant get out of the short range continual AA with boost.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,071 posts
8,073 battles
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

>selling a high-tier premium ship

:cap_book:

yeah, who would ever sell a ship they weren't sure they were going to play for doubloons!

[NG-NL]
Members
5,707 posts
9,439 battles

WG needs to get into buffing instead of nerfing. Still play this game cause it's fun, but repeatedly taking out what makes a class strong (hindy's RoF nerf comes to mind) kills motivation to play.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts

Err. Kaga is a fantastic premium CV.  One of the best in my opinion. I wouldn't have done that.

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,199 posts
12,331 battles
4 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

What nerf? The HE bomb is basically a nerf against DD but a boost against BB (more fire since they spread more). And the waiting time at the start is not that bad.

Strong Plane speed redution will impact a lot in survive and dmg/time on high tiers.

The bigger spreed its only means its going hit LESS a dd... and a cl/bb, less dmg for cvs again.

The delay for take off its another nerf to cvs make less dmg.

[NH]
Members
612 posts

Yep because at this point its obvious that selling CVs is going to become hard with all the nerfs.  I dont even understand how they will sell the RN premium cvs at this point. Sure the dive bomber nerf doesnt affect them but the planes are so damn slow. Add the boost nerf and its gee gee.

Edited by Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,199 posts
12,331 battles
2 minutes ago, Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire said:

Yep because at this point its obvious that selling CVs is going to become hard with all the nerfs.  I dont even understand how they will sell the RN premium cvs at this point. Sure the dive bomber nerf doesnt affect them but the planes are so damn slow. Add the boost nerf and its gee gee. 

like what they always did, ALWAYS:

Nerf the hole class and make a new premium cv extreme strong to be the only playable ship on this class.