You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

good job team.

15 comments in this topic

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
54 posts
4,691 battles

yep, that about sums up random in one screen shot. The teamwork in this game is absolutely atrocious. I was at D, our only DD there sunk.. left me, minotaur, and a worcester over there.. worcester ran away, and the mino and I fought the DD, a kurfurst, and a mass.. mino didn't last long, and i ran west to regroup while they folded, and the carrier never sent planes near D to spot the He spammer, island hugging, rock suckers. The invisible ships behind a rock suck. They can fire HE without any fear of retribution.. broken game mechanic in my opinion. 

wargamingsucks.jpg

• Boring 4

[HINON]
Supertester
20,555 posts
13,975 battles

Has anyone else ever noticed that all these 'no teamwork in game' posts all revolve around the poster doing what he wants to do and the team not following his specific ideas? It's never about the poster trying to support someone else.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[O7]
Members
1,008 posts
14,165 battles

Adding to what Lert said... the poster seems to be running seconadry Yamato....

Members
888 posts
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

Has anyone else ever noticed that all these 'no teamwork in game' posts all revolve around the poster doing what he wants to do and the team not following his specific ideas? It's never about the poster trying to support someone else.

Ever notice that this is not a team game?  It is a solo game with other players in it.

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
1,216 posts
8,777 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

Have noticed this all too frequently. And usually they bring it up during the battle right after they have been sunk.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

I actually had a guy complaining in chat about lack of teamwork earlier, so I chimed in that the other flank was supporting each other just fine. His response in a nutshell? "Well if you're all such team players, why weren't you supporting ME?"

[DDCO]
Members
29 posts
10,242 battles

If I complained about being screwed over by my so called teammates, I would never be able to leave port. Get some buddies and division up. Problem solved. Or play with the expectation that your team WILL DISAPPOINT YOU!

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
42 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I actually had a guy complaining in chat about lack of teamwork earlier, so I chimed in that the other flank was supporting each other just fine. His response in a nutshell? "Well if you're all such team players, why weren't you supporting ME?"

Lol yeah, and often a good response can be that the team was unable to support said player after they yolo rushed several enemy ships at far end of the map...

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,754 posts
11,123 battles
7 hours ago, syp_twiz said:

yep, that about sums up random in one screen shot. The teamwork in this game is absolutely atrocious. I was at D, our only DD there sunk.. left me, minotaur, and a worcester over there.. worcester ran away, and the mino and I fought the DD, a kurfurst, and a mass.. mino didn't last long, and i ran west to regroup while they folded, and the carrier never sent planes near D to spot the He spammer, island hugging, rock suckers. The invisible ships behind a rock suck. They can fire HE without any fear of retribution.. broken game mechanic in my opinion. 

wargamingsucks.jpg

What would you have done differently?

[GOFU]
Members
893 posts
9,267 battles
7 hours ago, Lert said:

Are you actually trying to deny what a garbage result this is and its becoming mote prevalent?

And no i dont need some fancy spreadsheet to prove it, this kind of result i see for myself eveyrtime i log in for a few games.

Im now even seeing high WR divs just sitting back farming damage, and Im the crap player in that result huh...

[WOLF7]
Members
767 posts
3,722 battles

At least you guys got their DD!  Let me guess...the CV killed him?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,555 posts
13,975 battles
1 hour ago, Simzee said:

Are you actually trying to deny what a garbage result this is and its becoming mote prevalent?

And no i dont need some fancy spreadsheet to prove it, this kind of result i see for myself eveyrtime i log in for a few games.

Im now even seeing high WR divs just sitting back farming damage, and Im the crap player in that result huh...

And the fact that they are high WR divisions doesn't clue you in that maybe - just maybe - they've figured out how to win more?

Here's a clue-by-four: If you want teamwork, don't demand it, provide it.

• Cool 1

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
54 posts
4,691 battles

no, i am not the lone yolo player with disregard for my team. I don't tell everyone what to do.. i call out what i see the enemy doing and suggest what we do to counter it.. and it's 70% of the time the people withing 3km of me i'm talking to. I can't stand BB's that hang at the back of the map.. yep, it's built for secondaries and it kills destroyers with ease at a distance, while i'm close enough to hit what i'm shooting at and get citadel hits easier. 

the BIG problem is one or two of you out of a group of 5 will attempt to push an objective, against an equal enemy, and the other 3-4 stay behind islands and do nothing to support you. You're the one taking the damage and getting the attention, pull out, and start shooting for christ sakes. 

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
632 posts
3,902 battles

Yes terrible teams happen but so do great teams...

Also there is something to be said for those moments when your playing with a complete unknown and you execute perfect tandem teamwork without any communication at all.

Edited by Stand_Alone97