You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Why Is The Russian Battleship event Different From The Rest

15 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,442 posts
17,093 battles

Ok so I'm looking at this new Russian Battleship early access event scratching my head and wondering why I have not been lucky enough to get mission in a container to get one of the new ships over the past week or so.

Checked to see if I'm doing something wrong, go to the Armoury and yeah I can see premium loot boxes to buy for doubloons or Soviet era containers so I guess there for people who don't want try there luck and that's fine.

So anyway I check to promotion information for this event carefully and realise that there is now way to get a early access event other than purchasing the two above items I mentioned.  

However I start to think back to the last four tech tree early access lines that came out, The French BB's to the best of my memory as to simply play games open a every day container and if your lucky get quest to earn a French ship.

Then there was The British BB's which had the same idea play games open a container luck of the dice get a quest, Next were British destroyers same again and lastly British CVs which all you had to was earn some in game currency and buy the dam things lock stock and barrel.

Now I'm certain the someone will bring up that the four prior early access event you were able to buy containers to get access to those ships but the big difference between them (French BB's, British BB's , DD's and CV's ) is that at least you had a chance of getting a early access quest from a regular old container, not so with the pride of the Motherland its either buy or buy no chance with regular run of the mill ship container.

I smell favouritism here WG, what gives why is this early access event now different to past ones, yeah sure you have a chance to get some 1950's class cruiser with all those tokens, still don't understand why we cant have a chance at getting a early access ship through standard everyday containers, things must be tough at St Petersburg these days.             

Edited by tm63au

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles

I opened 4 of the premium containers, got absolutely nothing. Opened 10 normal and got a mission. It's just how these RNG lootboxes work and how with the exception of RN CV event always were. Who knows whether there are different dropchances between events.

With all that in mind, I hoped WG would have used a similar system to the RN CV one, with guaranteed ship unlocks.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
8 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Ok so I'm looking at this new Russian Battleship early access event scratching my head and wondering why I have not been lucky enough to get mission in a container to get one of the new ships over the past week or so.

Checked to see if I'm doing something wrong, go to the Armoury and yeah I can see premium loot boxes to buy for doubloons or Soviet era containers so I guess there for people who don't want try there luck and that's fine.

So anyway I check to promotion information for this event carefully and realise that there is now way to get a early access event other than purchasing the two above items I mentioned.  

However I start to think back to the last four tech tree early access lines that came out, The French BB's to the best of my memory as to simply play games open a every day container and if your lucky get quest to earn a French ship.

Then there was The British BB's which had the same idea play games open a container luck of the dice get a quest, Next were British destroyers same again and lastly British CVs which all you had to was earn some in game currency and buy the dam things lock stock and barrel.

Now I'm certain the someone will bring up that the four prior early access event you were able to buy containers to get access to those ships but the big difference between them (French BB's, British BB's , DD's and CV's ) is that at least you had a chance of getting a early access quest from a regular old container, not so with the pride of the Motherland its either buy or buy no chance with regular run of the mill ship container.

I smell favouritism here WG, what gives why is this early access event now different to past ones, yeah sure you have a chance to get some 1950's class cruiser with all those tokens, still don't understand why we cant have a chance at getting a early access ship through standard everyday containers, things must be tough at St Petersburg these days.             

In both the French and UK BB events, the free containers had a very tiny drop chance for an early access mission. The bought containers had a tiny chance of an early access mission. The Soviet Token boxes have a very tiny drop chance for an early access mission. The Soviet Dub boxes have a tiny chance for an early access mission. As far as I can tell, the differences between them all is minor.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
1,442 posts
17,093 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

In both the French and UK BB events, the free containers had a very tiny drop chance for an early access mission. The bought containers had a tiny chance of an early access mission. The Soviet Token boxes have a very tiny drop chance for an early access mission. The Soviet Dub boxes have a tiny chance for an early access mission. As far as I can tell, the differences between them all is minor.

Yes I agree in the previous events they minor however in this Russian BB event I have not seen or heard anyone getting a early access mission from free container that's the big difference in all previous ones you had at least a small chance.

The current one its buy or buy and that's it, are WG so broke that they cant give the players a chance at winning one in there everyday containers.

I'm trying to sound cheap as I spend a fair bit on this game in ships and premium time but to just seems to me for this particular current event they changed the playing field so to speak that's all.

cheers  

Members
501 posts

I opened 22 of the premium and got 3 botes.  I probably opened 50+ of the regular containers so far and haven't gotten the 4th bote.  That's pretty lousy odds for a tech tree ship. I can understand extremely low odds in normal containers for premium ships but tech tree ships should be way better odds. I keep hearing how good the Sinop is and I want to play it! 

[U-P]
Beta Testers
87 posts
5,433 battles
38 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I got the tier 5, tier 6 and the tier 7 ship missions from the crates you buy with 30 Tokens or what ever there called, I haven't spent any money or doubloons on the premium crates so I guess its just the luck of the draw? and on this the first crate I opened for this event had the tier 5 mission in it.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
20 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Yes I agree in the previous events they minor however in this Russian BB event I have not seen or heard anyone getting a early access mission from free container that's the big difference in all previous ones you had at least a small chance.

The current one its buy or buy and that's it, are WG so broke that they cant give the players a chance at winning one in there everyday containers.

I'm trying to sound cheap as I spend a fair bit on this game in ships and premium time but to just seems to me for this particular current event they changed the playing field so to speak that's all.

cheers  

It took me 10 free containers for a Pyotr Velikiy to drop. 

By comparison, it was about 15 until I got an Acasta drop in the RN DD Arc. 

That's how RNG works. There is the possibility for someone to get 4 missions from 4 consecutive free containers and someone getting none from 40+. You roll the dice and see what you get.

Edited by warheart1992

[POP]
Members
1,442 posts
17,093 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

That's how RNG works. There is the possibility for someone to get 4 missions from 4 consecutive free containers and someone getting none from 40+. You roll the dice and see what you get.

So it does appear that your everyday free containers will give you a chance well that's fine then, but its seem a very very slight chance.

I stand corrected.

cheers 

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,191 posts
6,652 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I didn't get all possible French containers but got the Bretagne and Normandie.

I got the Acasta and Icarus in the first three free British containers I opened. 

I opened the two daily-supply free containers I got so far and nothing. However, I have been holding out for at least one camo, or I would already have multiple of these containers in hand and some data to work with.

[BNZAI]
Members
384 posts
4,507 battles

I got the t5 on my first token container. It's all RNG.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

opened the two daily-supply free containers I got so far and nothing. However, I have been holding out for at least one camo, or I would already have multiple of these containers in hand and some data to work with.

Personally with the abundance of consumable camouflages the permacamos offered, aside from the aesthetic factor aren't that interesting bonus wise. 

Granted, the free containers are still a gamble, but at least with in-house currency.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,191 posts
6,652 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Personally with the abundance of consumable camouflages the permacamos offered, aside from the aesthetic factor aren't that interesting bonus wise. 

We each have to make our own calls on this one. Generally speaking, if I'm going to hang on to a ship then I want a permacamo for it. I'll save the humdrum expendable camos for the ships I like for which a permacamo is not available.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,116 posts
8,647 battles

In the French event I got the Normandie & Lyon ... in the UK event I got the Acasta & Icarus & Vanguard.  And I earned a free/$1 Aigle & Cossack.  Also I was able to pick up 3 of the 4 UK Carriers in that event.  And I agree, it's all RNG ... some do better, some worse.

Yes, this event is a bit different and I got nothing from the 2 Free Soviet containers.  I haven't bought any with tokens because I want the Lazo ... and though it will be late and not provide many days (if any) of free containers,  I'll still be happy with the result ... because I had a choice.  We would all like more free stuff, but you have to admit, WG has been pretty generous with their events overall.  I'm not addressing Loot Boxes, just the free stuff that can be earned. 

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
4 hours ago, tm63au said:

With WG it's a different shell game each time - the "Lazo" cruiser is the draw … 

You can grind for the "Lazo" cruiser or use the tokens to buy low probability event crates in the armory - you can't really do both

If you want the "Lazo" cruiser and a solid chance at early access ships, you'll have to buy some premium crates to do it 

Same old game - new mouse trap :)

• Cool 1

[FFLY]
Members
134 posts
7,300 battles
10 hours ago, tm63au said:

I have gotten the t5 and t6 in regular containers I bought with tokens