42 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
2,137 battles

You need to fix the carriers operation orders so that you can transfer back and forth between squadron and ship commands without sacrificing the squadrons mission status and without going into auto plot. sacrificing the squadron mission just so you can go back for a quick turn or to avoid torps is just not feasible.

• Cool 1

[-SYN-]
Members
542 posts
2,415 battles

So will the irrevocable ranks be like the last one? In the last season, there were no irrevocable ranks from 10(or 12) to 1 which made it really hard.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,485 posts
9,597 battles

Could you devs pls make further use of the AA hit ratio mechanic to balance AA systems? It would help balance AA against low and high tier Carriers while giving CVs respite from the usual complaints.

I noticed allot if ships have ~75-80% hit ratios on AA that should be doing 50% more damage because they are low tier. Full damage AA, balanced by hit ratio, instead of damage would allow bottom tier AA ships and some destroyer to contribute to group AA defenses against top tier aircraft in a competitive setting.

• Cool 1

Members
3 posts
5,852 battles

Will the "october revolution" containers have a chance at dropping missions for the Soviet BB's?

[FLNVY]
Members
104 posts

CV's are balanced as-is right now

If WG is wondering why cvs target dds, its usually because the team is yelling at them to do so, or its the only thing they can attack without dying in 10 seconds.

So basically CV rework is pointless, because the way things are going, we are moving to a more dynamic playstyle of the old RTS mode. At first they were SUPPOSED to take of right away to get into battle faster, that was the plan! Now we just gotta wait around for a heckton of time before actually doing anything. If this is going into effect, AA needs to be nerfed substantially, because if you haven't noticed, CVs are rarely the most xp earning ships on the team.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

[SHPFC]
Members
154 posts
6,274 battles

Dear War Gaming,

As I stated in a previous post and still awaiting reply. I am a CV Captain. I will no longer be playing CV's please Buff DD's some this will be my new class. Please Remove CV's from the game. Please Reinstate the CV buy back. Please give those with prem CV's the option to get Doubloon's or Tier 8 prem ship trade. You say you did the CV re-work to get more CV play. Which you got more CV's. But I would bet your going to get close or even less CV's then prior re-work very soon. Every patch. Every Hot Fix. Since the launch of re-work has had Negative impacts for CV's. Some need'ed like the Flying Shima's hot fix. But lets look at this. You Nerf the Attack planes Killing DD's to effective. (Note after doing this is when most of CV player base choose USN CV's for the Bombs could kill DD's) You Nerf Spotting Range. (Yet DD Captains still refuse to Turn off the AA and still get spotted. Or Solo the Yolo Straight to the Cap in the first 2 minutes then still Complain of getting Spotted.) You Nerf Torpedo's in Damage, Chance of Flood, and Flood Damage.  Now your going to Nerf USN and I would suspect IJN Kaga HE bombs against DD's. Just what is a CV supposed to use against DD's???? Now your Nerf'ing the Speed Boost of the CV's planes. CV's like the Graf Zepp have really squishy planes that need that speed so that they are not all lost making a single strike. Also this affects all CV's as it will take longer to traverse the map IE. less damage over all. In addition to now having slower speed that means longer times in AA rings mean more planes die. While Over All dealing Less Damage. So I ask War Gaming how much Damage should a CV average????? 10k 20k 80k how much. Your also proposing a change to the AA which knowing War Gaming will only mean a Buff for the AA system. DD's will always be Primary Targets for any Ship Class in the Game. As they are the Only Class that can Alpha any other ship Class in the Game. To add to that Any CV that is Bottom tier being tier 6 in tier 8 and tier 8 in tier 10. Will always Target the DD's as they are the Weakest AA and the Biggest overall threat.

Fix CV match making to +1/-1. How about giving the CV's a Buff in over all Alpha damage since they will be Doing Less over all. How about listening to the CV Captains. Since every player that Doesn't play CV's call our planes Unlimited. Truly give us Unlimited Planes as then they will see just how limited they are. I would always like to have FULL SQUAD'S to attack with every time. To include at the end of the match. Not the half or 3-4 planes Squads. How about the Ledgendary Mod's for the CV's still none to be able to use them. We have earned them but Can't Use Them. How about fixing the Chance of Fire. I know I don't wash my BB's with gas and oil before every match but having ships that Spam ENDLESS HE and start Fires at rates that would make the old Flood Mechanic  look like a welcome Death. 

Frosty

• Cool 8

[JTFS]
Members
3 posts
3,060 battles

I WAS a CV captain, but the nerf's are just not making it worth playing any longer.  The AA is so strong that most CV capts only go after the DD's.  Now that it is gone, how does a CV do any damage?  If WG is trying to remove the CV's from the game, they are doing a good job.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[NGA]
Members
76 posts
15,986 battles

one thing i look forward to in rank is not having to battle against cv and now wg is allowing cv in rank is screw3ed up at best and ruins the entire rank season thanks for nothing war gaming another great mess for the small minded folks at war gaming and i guarentee im not the only one everyone that plays rank feels the same way war gaming and messed the game up and made the entire game so unabalanced you got war planes leave planes in that gaame wouldnt hurt my feelins at all to remove cv play from warships all together as it stands at this point no one can play a destroyer because cv are so over powered aginst them and the dd have no means of counter attack with most of dd AA below a 20 and most are below 10 many dont even have a 5 for AA so that blows that entire line of being meanful in the game wg needs to make chages to put balance in the game not more unvalnced game play with this type of actions the only thing that you will do is make the players that use to play certain types of ships will stop playing the game all together then its a snollball affect from there but maybe its not wargaming attention to have the game for along period of time whether get the money fast and screw everyone else like most internet games a smart play would be for the longevity and future of the game why make change when something works and when something fails make changes then but at this time some numbers should be looked at and bottom line is there are way to many cv in the game and not enough destroyers you have more ca and bb and more cv then dd in the game and to me ther i a problem and if wargaming is to make a historically fact of the game being correct something needs to be changed because the outlook and the way thing are going               

Edited by DEADLY_BEAST
  • Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[SHPFC]
Members
154 posts
6,274 battles
15 minutes ago, DEADLY_BEAST said:

wouldnt hurt my feelins at all to remove cv play from warships all together as it stands at this point no one can play a destroyer because cv are so over powered aginst them and the dd have no means of counter attack with most of dd AA below a 20 and most are below 10 many dont even have a 5 for AA

I play DD's your comment is False and Lies. I turn off my AA, I don't Solo Yolo to the Cap, I have a smoke screen and other ships that DO have AA. I want CV's removed cause WG can't stop Nerf'ing them. They said they wanted CV players did the re-work to get them. Got them and now NERF is all they know that and listening to want I would assume is a DD Captain like your self. The Rockets the Bombs I can't hide. 

Frosty

Edited by KAAOS_Frosty
clerical
  • Cool 2

[LEGIT]
Members
342 posts
13,870 battles
2 hours ago, IDAMAN_04 said:

So basically CV rework is pointless, because the way things are going, we are moving to a more dynamic playstyle of the old RTS mode. At first they were SUPPOSED to take of right away to get into battle faster, that was the plan! Now we just gotta wait around for a heckton of time before actually doing anything. If this is going into effect, AA needs to be nerfed substantially, because if you haven't noticed, CVs are rarely the most xp earning ships on the team.

CVs were NEVER the top 3 earners.

No one asked for this rework; WoWS did it because they are pushing console play and figured it was better to force the small circle of CV players to a completely different model than to remove CVs entirely. Besides, removing CVs means compensating people who bought preemies.

The whole CV rework was a disaster from the minute it was announced. All the top CV players from the old days are gone/not CVing, and as I predicted in a thread long ago the same whiners are whining. It was never about CVs being too powerful; the reason players whine about CVs is they can't stand being damaged by an enemy they can't shoot back at. The majority of the whiners are BB players who see no issue with BBs being able to liquidate a CA from 20KM without fear of reprisal, so it is the ultimate hypocrisy.

At this juncture, WoWS should make all ships have the exact same stats. That way, no one can whine. Aside from that, there will always be whiners, and WoWS will continue to degrade the game by making major changes that the majority isn't even asking for.

• Cool 1

[SC]
Alpha Tester
195 posts
6,369 battles

I for one enjoy the rework a ton. I am doing well in cv's but it's very dependant on the matches and team if I do well. I can out damage a CV with a CL easily at any tier.  I find this Nerf a bit unnecessary due to it limiting the damage a CV can cause even more. The wait time at the start means less time over the match to do damage and also isn't going to stop me from killing the DD yoloing to the cap.  The speed changes are going to hurt a bunch as well I fear going slower in AA is going to melt planes and if you are up tiered wow it's going to suck. Not only that but aiming will be harder now with the min speed increased. 

I know this is a work in progress but it's going to drive people away from cv's even more. 

• Cool 1

[SSN]
Members
269 posts
12,458 battles

I don’t know about the upcoming season of Rank. Although tempting to see how far I can go I should probably sit out the season for several reasons.

1.I gotta Improve my T10 stats. They’re not competitive enough to not handicap the team.

2. Rentals.  That’s a head scratcher.  I don’t know if rentals have been detrimental to Clan wars.  Maybe it’ll work for a random group of players  without voice comms.

prediction:  the losing team CV will be at the top of the board and save their star.

Good luck and happy hunting to those who    will participate in The next season of Rank.

[JACK]
Members
64 posts
17,032 battles

wows you are carry this to far every update brings a new nerf to one class or another against do damage to  DDs . cvs have a hell of hard time , a good many of us know your testers are mostly DD mains so of course they say wows development team the poor little DDS need help against the big bad cvs or BBs cruisers exc . I think by now you should have earned to pull the corn cob out of your ears  and open them wide to voice of the other players. we all welcome the fact that DDs cant play like a bob cat and must play with the rest of the team like a pack of wolves. this change to their play style has been needed since the game launched. every one complains about BBs at the back of the map before the cv rework these guys where easy prey to DDs now even these clowns pay for being lone loins on the hunt DDs should pay the same as these BBs death . no team member should be rewarded for playing in a way that doesn't help the team win the match . so why nerf cvs for punishing the lone bob cat style of play . after all only leirer on this forum will back a lone cat style of play. for they know they jump down these players throat for playing out side of wolf pack , no body likes to lose because wows rewards call of duty style of play in a team game

• Cool 1

[AFW]
[AFW]
Members
272 posts
3,401 battles

For the CV mains.  Question for you. I see the majority taking about the nerf to doing damage to DDs as the main issue being discussed.  I have been part of focusing of CVs and in all classes of ships and getting deleted in a group or alone except when I play CV and it is very late in the match.  No one really talks about BBs and CA/CL getting wiped out or near dead like a DD.  I see happen daily to other players as well.  

Not trying to insult anyone's playing ability that is bringing up the DD issue, but do you all here on the forums only do major damage/deletion of DDs mainly?  Is it only the unicums that do major damage to BBs and CA/CL? 

Or is everyone here ignoring that they do good damage to the BBs and CA/CL and just worried about the nerf to DD damage?

Thanks.

Members
126 posts
868 battles
1 hour ago, Big_Pimpin said:

For the CV mains.  Question for you. I see the majority taking about the nerf to doing damage to DDs as the main issue being discussed.  I have been part of focusing of CVs and in all classes of ships and getting deleted in a group or alone except when I play CV and it is very late in the match.  No one really talks about BBs and CA/CL getting wiped out or near dead like a DD.  I see happen daily to other players as well.  

Not trying to insult anyone's playing ability that is bringing up the DD issue, but do you all here on the forums only do major damage/deletion of DDs mainly?  Is it only the unicums that do major damage to BBs and CA/CL? 

Or is everyone here ignoring that they do good damage to the BBs and CA/CL and just worried about the nerf to DD damage?

Thanks.

Because people keep thinking of the wrong way to look at things, the reason CA/CL/BC/BB all suffer is from specialization of ordinance, The Rockets on Saipan are Anti-Large for instance, so if I hit your say, Normandie or Lyon with a full strike, that's just using thr weapons as according to the Dev's balance meta.

The Reason HE DBs annihilation of DDs is so contentious is because of Wahgamings meta design. USN attackers, from what I've seen, prefer the Anti-Large to the middling anti-DD 5-Inchers after all the nerfs. In reality, it has nothing to do with mistakes in balance, WG DESIGNED it this way. Dive Bombers that can eliminate DDs are limited to *6* ships, as the other weapons are Anti-Large, which is part of the reason DDs want these nerfs, they want purely Anti-Large CVs, but large ships typically carry more AA, so CVs need to scout. honestly, I'd prefer at this juncture we focus on fine tuning the interactions rather than adding more complex mechanics.

• Cool 2

[SYJ]
Members
157 posts
8,772 battles

So the HE Dive Bombers getting a  nerf  tweaked to make them less "punishing" to Destroyers.

I am giving it about two weeks, until most people figure out how to take advantage of the new drop pattern and we are back to all the "DD Mains" complaining on the forums.

"OR"

"DD Mains" complain about "Rocket Planes" effectiveness and asking for another round of  nerfs  balancing. 

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles
9 hours ago, TANKERKiLLER3 said:

Will the "october revolution" containers have a chance at dropping missions for the Soviet BB's?

No...October Revolution containers have been around for a long time...way before the RU branch that has just been introduced...but unfortunately it's been so long that I have no idea what sort of items they contain...sorry can't help you out on that part.

[EPC]
Members
5 posts
15,347 battles

what would you do about Slingshot? Grouping together to get massive AA but slingshot of CV won`t get any damage from AA. 

Seriously...  CV in Rank Game is a disaster. 

WG~~~! Please~~~! Stop messing up ~~~! 

You should know A lot of players press ESC if they see CV is waiting in Rank Que. 

• Boring 1

[KOFTT]
Members
6 posts
5,921 battles

Are these new 'provision tokens' taking the place of allowance tokens, or can they be earned in addition to allowance tokens?

[ROG]
[ROG]
Members
24 posts
9,880 battles

well it seems simple but the only changes i see is that

0)the beginning cool down is fair (just throwing that out there)

1)dds should not be the target of bombers

2) Cvs should have MANY more planes available

3)when there is 2 cvs in a match they cant target the same target at the same time.

4) rockets need a longer cool down

5)DDs need less detection from planes

a few others

6) fix the f-ing graphics when my HE shells hit the target yet water splashes up

7) fix the "rays of detection" for invisible CA's hiding behind a small rock or peninsula that's to small to hide them but voila completely invisible.

8) fix MM to screen out [edited] bags that like to ram their teammates in the beginning of match

9} put 5 flags back into the containers not 4 you cheap f-ers

10) bring back the tug boat battles its kinda what you are turning the game into (all battles in the same ship) its VERY grey. Make ship tolerances a little wider, make some ships op in their own way not a 0.0025% difference.

PERFECT BALANCE IN GAME = TUGBOATS FOR ALL

seriously think about it.

Good luck its a great game to [edited] about . THANKS.

[CVA16]
Members
109 posts
5,556 battles

Way to ruin CVs.  Instead of fixing the actual issues you're "fixing" things that aren't issues, but creating more problems down the line.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,198 posts
486 battles
6 hours ago, iso250 said:

Way to ruin CVs.  Instead of fixing the actual issues you're "fixing" things that aren't issues, but creating more problems down the line.

Which issues specifically are you referring to?

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,504 posts
4,402 battles

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know when 0.8.4 comes to the live server? I know they started the testing of it on PTS today, but I was just wondering about the live server.

I know that each patch cycle is around... 4 weeks, right? I keep losing the track of schedule, lol.

Thanks in advance.