Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
megahugenoob

How do allow this to happen WG?

11 comments in this topic

[JMMAF]
Members
226 posts
4,871 battles

I have been on your case for months about fixing your matchmaking. This screenshot I am going to post shows everything that's wrong with your game that you refuse to acknowledge and fix.

Lets look at whats wrong with this picture.

You start a game shorthanded -  Instead of the normal team size, you gave us 9 players each.

You put a Tier 5 in a double CV Tier 8 Match.    COME ON..... I get that he's in a division but that is just foolish.

You put double CV in a short shipped match.  What the heck are you guys doing over here?

Lastly, continuing with my griping about CV's.   Notice the clock on the game and my Chappy's health.   That was from ONE SINGLE SORTIE of Enterprise rocket planes.  That is an equal tier CV vs my fully AA spec chappy.  He does nearly 20k damage to me in one sortie.  One.....freaking..... Sortie......        EQUAL TIER SHIP......    AA SPEC.....  DOES NOT MATTER.  CV's want you dead, you are dead.

Oh i know, the CV Fanboi's gonna show up here in force and tell me I am alone and I deserved it.  With 9 players and 1 DD per team you cant play a 3 cap match and stay in an AA blob.

Lets talk about how this match ended. The CV's pulverized the teams and literally it was CV's capping at the end of the game because the ships went down so fast.

Fix your Idiocy WG.   Every day this nonsense goes on is one day closer to the door and taking my wallet with me.20190507004410_1.thumb.jpg.2f639f8d390f6dfb238ee024f028fc68.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles

Lol. The developers don't play the game so they don't care about experiences like this. They just want to collect those premium CV dollars.

It's because of trash like this that I've stopped spending on WOWs.

• Cool 4

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,113 posts
4,926 battles

Well given that it's currently *checks watch* 4 a.m. eastern time and you've been posting tonight prior to this rage being brought up, I'm going to assume that this game just happened recently. So there's you're answer. It's late. Most of the server population is asleep. MM was working with what it had and some people in there likely waited up to five minutes for that match to start. You can't expect perfect balance and full teams when people aren't on to fill out the roster. It's a match-making algorithm, not a magician.

• Cool 2

[JMMAF]
Members
226 posts
4,871 battles
6 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Well given that it's currently *checks watch* 4 a.m. eastern time and you've been posting tonight prior to this rage being brought up, I'm going to assume that this game just happened recently. So there's you're answer. It's late. Most of the server population is asleep. MM was working with what it had and some people in there likely waited up to five minutes for that match to start. You can't expect perfect balance and full teams when people aren't on to fill out the roster.

I get that, I really do.  According to server stats when game was over there are 3419 people still playing.  That still should be more than adequate to field a somewhat fair roster. FWIW the queue was instant for me when I clicked in so it didn't seem to me like it was struggling to find players.  

I look at it kind of like a restaurant.  IF you show up and they have rotten food to serve you, its better to make you wait until they have some good food to serve rather than giving people garbage that makes them not want to come back again.

Edited by megahugenoob

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
5,057 battles

In some of my more darker moments, I sometimes wonder whether CVs were intentionally designed to bring about a quick end to the game's run.  If you were trying to design a class to run off all your players, you'd be hard pressed to come up with something better than the new CVs.  A class that none of the surface classes can counter.  That's them gone.  Now you just have the CV players.  But the only thing that makes the new CVs fun is spoiling the game for the surface players so once they are gone so are the CVs.

It's the perfect way to intentionally self destruct your game.  There are other explanations.  Mind boggling levels of incompetence and/or Soviet style stubbornness. I suppose it mainly depends on what mood I'm in. 

• Cool 2

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,113 posts
4,926 battles

Well most of those three-thousand plus people were probably already in battle or sitting in port fiddling with their ships and upgrades. Again, just because it was instant for you doesn't mean it was for everyone else, it was definitely past the three-minute mark for some. Why make them wait for the new guy joining to hit the three minute mark? That's six minutes for them.

The restaurant analogy falls apart because they serve people individually or in small groups, they don't have to wait for "twenty-four or whatever's even depending on wait length" people to seat somebody.

• Cool 2

Members
1,435 posts
8,261 battles

looks like a MM dump because of Q times. It takes whatever is there and dumps it into a match. 

as for the tier 5 in a tier 8 match.  Those are the risks you take when you fail div.    If you don't like seeing fail divs, then tell WG to remove having people playing together unless they are all the same tier.   or perhaps allow fail divs tier 8 and up, as the worst case is you are in a tier 10 game as a tier 8...

[JMMAF]
Members
226 posts
4,871 battles
1 minute ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

looks like a MM dump because of Q times. It takes whatever is there and dumps it into a match. 

as for the tier 5 in a tier 8 match.  Those are the risks you take when you fail div.    If you don't like seeing fail divs, then tell WG to remove having people playing together unless they are all the same tier.   or perhaps allow fail divs tier 8 and up, as the worst case is you are in a tier 10 game as a tier 8...

The division was two 6's and a 5.  Thats the prope range for grouping. I am saying the MM should have been hard coded to keep that poor T5 out of a T8 match.  Thats just absurd that he ended up there. Queue times be damned.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,113 posts
4,926 battles
6 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

The division was two 6's and a 5.  Thats the prope range for grouping. I am saying the MM should have been hard coded to keep that poor T5 out of a T8 match.  Thats just absurd that he ended up there. Queue times be damned.

Match-making does and always has looked at the top-tier ship in the group. If it took the opposite approach then you'd get divisions dragging HIGHER tier ships into matches and beating up on people, that can have a lot more of a negative impact. You really feel like fighting a Musashi in your Budyonny?

WoT got it right with same-tier only platoons, even if it did take them YEARS to implement it.

Members
1,435 posts
8,261 battles
1 minute ago, megahugenoob said:

I dont think that would be good for the game.  People would start fail diving to make 2 of their teammates mid or even top tier all the time.  It would be abused a lot.  There was already something similar back in the day with CVs where you could anchor a div most of the time to be top or middle tier.(didn't always work)  If the tier 5 didn't want to be in a tier 8 match, they shouldn't of dived up with tier 6s.  

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,003 posts
5,775 battles

go to sleep.