Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HLS30

Did the Hindy get an armor nerf at some point?

11 comments in this topic

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
105 posts
8,211 battles

Or is it just a long string of bad RNG? It seems like most every game I play it these days I get citadeled at least twice, and playing against them it seems very easy compared to the previous patches to get a citadel or two.

[WORX]
Members
3,407 posts
14,767 battles

O no, BBs are just getting OP... I think is more of a power creep and bad RNG..

Just sing the BB mantra of "get gud."

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,318 battles
47 minutes ago, HLS30 said:

Or is it just a long string of bad RNG? It seems like most every game I play it these days I get citadeled at least twice, and playing against them it seems very easy compared to the previous patches to get a citadel or two.

The french bbs are good at doing this from range, so the sov bbs might be too if I understand their muzzle velocity.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,259 posts
7,214 battles

More is the 30mm armor threshold slowly getting devalued. What was once exclusive to only two BBs, is now possible for four ships with two more being WiP with the same ability.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
19 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

The french bbs are good at doing this from range, so the sov bbs might be too if I understand their muzzle velocity.

Muzzle velocity? Yes. Accuracy?

At the ranges their shell arcs would require to reliably citadel a Hindy, that would be a DAMNED lucky shot. "Stronk Soviet Accuracy" for that line stops pretty much right at 12km out, at which point it gets replaced with "if the shell lands in the same postal code that I targeted, I'll call it a win". Pobeda is a bit of an exception from what I've heard, but Kreml, Vlad, and Sovetsky Soyuz? No, no they're not pulling that shot off consistently.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
846 posts
14,009 battles

Ye had the same feel. Its just rng + lots of HE BBs which doenst matter what you do or angle give you dmg like hell.

[WOLF2]
Members
287 posts
5,673 battles

French BBs will nuke a Hindy, especially at range. My Republic will cit a Handy easily, and it'll really hurt German BBs with normal pens too. The Frenchies were a hard counter to the Germans

Members
248 posts
72 battles
5 hours ago, HLS30 said:

Republique is pretty much the only BB I really have to be carefull with, it seems to cit at any angle, otherwise I think its no biggie.

Beta Testers
251 posts
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

O no, BBs are just getting OP... I think is more of a power creep and bad RNG..

Just sing the BB mantra of "get gud."

I thought that as the CV and DD mantra?

[NG-NL]
Members
5,719 posts
9,439 battles

Broadside Hindy at range is tempting target for BBs. I've been citted in mine mostly from red Montanas and occasional Yamato. Republique is reportedly the nastiest because of her faster reload.

Sign in to follow this