You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Sinop seems to be the secondary-build brawling king you have been waiting for

7 comments in this topic

[DOW]
Members
630 posts
3,800 battles

After many containers I finally got one!! The secondaries have averaged about 25% of the total damage, with a range of 7.6km. They hit very hard, and I don't even have IFHE or MFCSA yet.

It seems WG needs to give Scharnhorst a buff now, with longer secondary range and damage.

1078061942_WorldOfWarships642019-05-0703-12-13-25.thumb.png.1060653a71eb98306a1fd287e89f5f22.png

1538721399_WorldOfWarships642019-05-0703-13-47-64.thumb.png.c9eaf9fbede61ffb88097b8d97d1997c.png

Edited by _Marines
grammar

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles

Are we... Are we playing the same ship? Sinop, right? 16" guns, great bow armor, citadel protection so bad that it would probably have been better if the designers were drunk when drawing it up, wonky dispersion at range but great up close? I mean we're OBVIOUSLY using different builds, I don't use AFT on mine or SBM2 so my range is still the default 5 km. That said, Sinop's secondaries are good, yeah, but I would never build this ship around brawling. Bow-tanking she can do for DAYS, but brawling? That opens you up to side-shots, aka Stronk Russian Bettleship KRYPTONITE! Gneisenau and Scharnhorst both outrange her (though, admittedly, by only 0.3km stock), and Gneisenau's secondaries have more fast-firing guns (2/3 of Sinop's battery load at 7.5 seconds, the rest at 3.5; Gneis has 1/3 at 7.5s and the rest at 3.35).

I mean if you like living dangerously I won't stop you, but that's not something I can recommend doing.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,314 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Are we... Are we playing the same ship? Sinop, right? 16" guns, great bow armor, citadel protection so bad that it would probably have been better if the designers were drunk when drawing it up, wonky dispersion at range but great up close? I mean we're OBVIOUSLY using different builds, I don't use AFT on mine or SBM2 so my range is still the default 5 km. That said, Sinop's secondaries are good, yeah, but I would never build this ship around brawling. Bow-tanking she can do for DAYS, but brawling? That opens you up to side-shots, aka Stronk Russian Bettleship KRYPTONITE! Gneisenau and Scharnhorst both outrange her (though, admittedly, by only 0.3km stock), and Gneisenau's secondaries have more fast-firing guns (2/3 of Sinop's battery load at 7.5 seconds, the rest at 3.5; Gneis has 1/3 at 7.5s and the rest at 3.35).

I mean if you like living dangerously I won't stop you, but that's not something I can recommend doing.

He’s brawling up bots, why not have fun?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

He’s brawling up bots, why not have fun?

?

*checks screenshot*

Ohhhhh, in CO-OP! Okay yeah, go for it dude, rock on. Heck I got four kills brawling in KGV once, you'd never call THAT battleship a brawler.

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,314 battles
1 minute ago, Landsraad said:

?

*checks screenshot*

Ohhhhh, in CO-OP! Okay yeah, go for it dude, rock on. Heck I got four kills brawling in KGV once, you'd never call THAT battleship a brawler.

:cap_look:

[INTEL]
Members
7,064 posts
28,898 battles

Sinop? Brawler? No.

None of the RU BBs are brawlers. They are bow tankers.

Sides are citable. They are not Bismarck by far.

In Coop do what you want. In Randoms it will get you killed fast (not to mention Gneis, Shiny, Tirpitz are brawlers and have torps).

Get to 10-13km and wreck everything while bow tanking.

Edited by alexf24

[DOW]
Members
630 posts
3,800 battles
10 hours ago, Landsraad said:

When it comes to PvP, for sure she has major weaknesses. First, weak citadel protection like you said. Second, turning radius is really big, exposing broadside for longer when repositioning. Third, the the turning radius makes Sinop too clumsy to ram. Enemy (if knowing what he is doing) can sail pass the Sinop and fire salvo at her broadside.

My Musashi is secondary build and in PvP she works fine though. Bow-tanking and pushing with the team, she's an intimidating ship. When DDs and HE spammers are taken care of, she engages other BBs in sub-10-kilometer range and often forces the enemy to ram, because they know what will happen if they turn around and show the broadside.:Smile_teethhappy: